Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think that this should move quicker because they will be able to construction during the day. Something that wasn't done a lot at MK for the FLE except with the mountain they haven't been trying to hide their construction of that.

Construction was almost always done during the day on FLE. The construction picture and videos showed plenty of construction activity during the day.

G00fyDad

Hey I am fine.....no you didnt say that the project would be completed on time....you PROMISED that they have contracted someone for this and have gone over the completion date....now how could you have PROMISED this if you didnt have an inside connection? So what you are really saying is that your original statement was nothing more the conjecture. As far as me being related to another poster? I call her @Mom but she isnt my mom....:)

See below. ;) And get some sleep...or something else and lighten up.

Oh, and that is NOT the member I was referring to.

Spirit said in a post in the Disney Springs thread that a Boston Firm who built the Americana at Brand in Glendale,CA is designing this project. Elkus Manfredi is that company and along with WDI they will also have much control/guidance over this project.

DisneyGuyNYC

tumblr_inline_mi45uu8xK71qz4rgp.gif

PeterAlt

Everyone's getting excited over a shopping center. Unbelievable. Been there, done that.

Anyone recall something called Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista? It's where LBV Blvd ends at the eastern edge of the property. In 1989, Disney build a very nice and huge shopping center there. Despite the fact that they had 100% of it leased out all the time at incredibly high rents (ie very profitable) and despite the fact that it attracted the best retailers and restaurants - the type of businesses that fit right in and worthy enough to be "on premises", several years ago or less, Disney sold the parcel of land, along with Crossroads, along with all the profitable leases that the 100% occupancy rate committed to it. Disney said they sold it to "square off" the property. Stupid, if you ask me. Now they're building another.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Everyone's getting excited over a shopping center. Unbelievable. Been there, done that.

Anyone recall something called Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista? It's where LBV Blvd ends at the eastern edge of the property. In 1989, Disney build a very nice and huge shopping center there. Despite the fact that they had 100% of it leased out all the time at incredibly high rents (ie very profitable) and despite the fact that it attracted the best retailers and restaurants - the type of businesses that fit right in and worthy enough to be "on premises", several years ago or less, Disney sold the parcel of land, along with Crossroads, along with all the profitable leases that the 100% occupancy rate committed to it. Disney said they sold it to "square off" the property. Stupid, if you ask me. Now they're building another.

Crossroads wasn't very nice, or huge. Downtown Disney on the other hand - will be. That is why a lot of people are excited about it.

articos

Spirit said in a post in the Disney Springs thread that a Boston Firm who built the Americana at Brand in Glendale,CA is designing this project. Elkus Manfredi is that company and along with WDI they will also have much control/guidance over this project.
Elkus also designed the World of Disney store at DD LBV and did quite a bit of work on the plan for DD Anaheim, in addition to The Grove and Americana. They know the Disney company well.

Nope.

But what are the chances of Trader Sam's making its way out east?
Good, with a chance of showers.
Hate to feel like this but after so many designs for DTD I'll believe a parking garage when I park in it.
Believe it. Or them, as it may be.

Downtown Disney/LBV Marketplace is a totally different animal from Crossroads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom