Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

Cheesecake Factory is fine I guess but it's just beyond me why anyone would fly to a resort for a vacation far from their home and go to a place you can eat at in most malls.

It's like the Olive Garden in Times Square. Your in the city that perfected Italian-American food! It's everywhere!

OLIVE GARDEN?
Lots of people like familiar food. This is also the reason WDW has TWO Rainforest Cafes.

Cheesecake Factory would be a smart match for DTD. But there would permanently be a 3-hour wait for a table.

Ignohippo

btw, hasnt there been a Cheescake factory at DTD rumor circulating for awhile now?? LOVE that place and would be so happy to see one go in !!

I've been racking my brain the last few weeks trying to think of vendors that aren't represented in the area or at City Walk. Cheesecake Factory is a good one! California Pizza Kitchen would be another.

Neither would be "draws", but both would be nice additions.

Anyone know of any businesses of the caliber of T-Rex, Rainforest, Margaritaville, Emeril's, etc. that aren't represented at DTD or City Walk?

DisneyGuyNYC

Lots of people like familiar food. This is also the reason WDW has TWO Rainforest Cafes.

Cheesecake Factory would be a smart match for DTD. But there would permanently be a 3-hour wait for a table.
At least the Rainforest Café is themed. A Cheesecake Factory is just flash frozen food.

jt04

I've been racking my brain the last few weeks trying to think of vendors that aren't represented in the area or at City Walk. Cheesecake Factory is a good one! California Pizza Kitchen would be another.

Anyone know of any businesses of the caliber of T-Rex, Rainforest, Margaritaville, Emeril's, etc. that aren't represented at DTD or City Walk?

there seems to be a lack of Asian based restaurants at both complexes. Any possibilities there?

openendedsky

Maggiano's, possibly. Another cool thing to see would be something like The Melting Pot. But both of these are within a ten minute drive from Disney as it is.

there seems to be a lack of Asian based restaurants at both complexes. Any possibilities there?
PF Changs?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
At least the Rainforest Café is themed. A Cheesecake Factory is just flash frozen food.
And some of the most unhealthy food you can get anywhere. 3,500+ calories just for an entree- no thank you! I know most people don't consider vacation calories to count but that's just ridiculous even for vacation! I'm not at all against some larger chains going in but I, personally, would be very disappointed if a space was wasted on Cheesecake factory.

I'm really hoping we'll see more smaller regional chains from around the country, from places like NYC and LA. Interesting locations that not everyone has in their backyard. Like Crumbs bakeshop! ;)

fbp

And some of the most unhealthy food you can get anywhere. 3,500+ calories just for an entree- no thank you! I know most people don't consider vacation calories to count but that's just ridiculous even for vacation! I'm not at all against some larger chains going in but I, personally, would be very disappointed if a space was wasted on Cheesecake factory.

It might be fun for international tourists. We hear about Cheesecake Factory, so it'd be interesting to see/try when visiting the United States.

Ignohippo

Cheesecake Factory is fine I guess but it's just beyond me why anyone would fly to a resort for a vacation far from their home and go to a place you can eat at in most malls.

It's like the Olive Garden in Times Square. You're in the city that perfected Italian-American food! It's everywhere!

OLIVE GARDEN?

I agree, but sometimes on vacation it's nice to go someplace you know will be good, at a moderate price, where you know what to expect. You may have 99% of your meals on vacation at places you don't know but sometimes it's nice just to get that McD's hamburger (no matter what better options are out there).

But yeah, there's certainly a segment of people out there who don't even experiment at home. Olive Garden and Applebee's are perfect for those people!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
It might be fun for international tourists. We hear about Cheesecake Factory, so it'd be interesting to see try when visiting the United States.
I can see that, but there is a location about 20 minutes away at the Mall at Millennia.

muteki

Maggiano's, possibly. Another cool thing to see would be something like The Melting Pot. But both of these are within a ten minute drive from Disney as it is.

PF Changs?

As much as I like Maggianos, PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory etc., I would really rather see some establishments that aren't already all over the place. Or at least, not all over the place in FL/east coast already.

openendedsky

As much as I like Maggianos, PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory etc., I would really rather see some establishments that aren't already all over the place. Or at least, not all over the place in FL/east coast already.
Oh, I agree, I was just thinking of some of the bigger names that first came to mind.

Todd L

I know that by most standards Cheescake Factory isnt Hi-class dining But Man I gotta say...they make the best cheesburgers and The Cheesecake is just insane.

I love going there once ot twice a year . Would be a great option at Dtd and I think it would do really well but whos to say.....time will tell!!

GLaDOS

Yea, all of them can be found 5-15 minutes away. I don't really see the benefit for Disney or said companies by adding them to the DTD complex.

I think we should be looking at things that aren't already saturated in the Orlando/Lake Buena Vista market.

71jason

I'm really hoping we'll see more smaller regional chains from around the country, from places like NYC and LA. Interesting locations that not everyone has in their backyard. Like Crumbs bakeshop! ;)

Given the realities of what Disney charges for rent, the "mega-restaurants" the size of a small grocery store are the only viable option.

SirLink

It might be fun for international tourists. We hear about Cheesecake Factory, so it'd be interesting to see try when visiting the United States.

Or you could head up to Mall @ Milenia like we do.

Actually I'd put Cheesecake Factory on a slightly higher level than a Rainforest Cafe, but that isn't saying much.

I would quite like a London @ LBV to sneak in.

Ignohippo

As long as there's a mix, the place will be big enough to support both. There are only so many "unique" businesses out there.

Besides, for every person that would go to the Cheesecake Factory, that's one less person in front of us in line at one of the "cooler" places!!!

Todd L

Bobby Flay Burger joint?? Or maybe one of those Guy Fierei places?? I dont think of Dtd as a Fine dining place ...Ill go to Epcot for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom