Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyGuyNYC

Or maybe one of those Guy Fierei places?
Only if the New York Times gets to review it for us.

tumblr_m7q9u8EZwI1rbuh01o1_500.gif

ajt5027

Without getting too much into speculation, I see the dining going the way of some upscale yet affordable restaurant partnerships with some restauranteurs...maybe another Todd English restaurant? He is already at the Swan.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And some of the most unhealthy food you can get anywhere. 3,500+ calories just for an entree- no thank you! I know most people don't consider vacation calories to count but that's just ridiculous even for vacation! I'm not at all against some larger chains going in but I, personally, would be very disappointed if a space was wasted on Cheesecake factory.

I'm really hoping we'll see more smaller regional chains from around the country, from places like NYC and LA. Interesting locations that not everyone has in their backyard. Like Crumbs bakeshop! ;)
That would be nice, but Disney wants sure fire home runs and unfortunately the Cheesecake Factory is exactly that. I don't really expect it, but It would not surprise me in the least if DTD gets one.

Ignohippo

Maggiano's, possibly. Another cool thing to see would be something like The Melting Pot. But both of these are within a ten minute drive from Disney as it is.

PF Changs?

I thought of "Changy Changs" as well! That would be a good addition, but they'd probably build a restaurant woefully small (like all of their other locations). Wait times would probably be measured in days rather than hours!

Ignohippo

And some of the most unhealthy food you can get anywhere. 3,500+ calories just for an entree- no thank you! I know most people don't consider vacation calories to count but that's just ridiculous even for vacation!

Do you eat there everyday? Know someone who does?

Relax. It's a "special occasion" restaurant. You can treat yourself from time to time. It'll be okay.

GLaDOS

Twitterverse is now saying NO ANNOUNCEMENT TODAY.

Dewayne Bevil@ThemeParks
Disney official told me this morning no announcement planned on Downtown Disney today. Holding your breath? We shall see.

Meanwhile, LegoLand is going to announce a major expansion.

*sigh*

You have to realize that a "major" expansion for Legoland is a few flat rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom