Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrn14

I hate to be a negative Nancy, and I guess anything is better than nothing, but I will be moderately upset if all that is added is more retail and restaurants. Granted I know that is the purpose of DTD, but I don't feel like everyone is clamoring for more restaurant choices at DTD... It's nice to see them investing and building anything and I agree DTD has a crowd and a parking problem, but if I don't see NIGHTLIFE added this will be a big disappointment for me. I had thought of planning an adults only trip, and was contemplating going for a night at City Walk, even though it would be far from our Disney resort and we would have to take a very expensive cab ride over there. I would much rather stay on Disney property take the bus and spend a night out drinking and having fun close to our resort, but that really isn't an option... It used to be... It would be nice for it to be an option again... We can drive to the outlets which will undoubtedly have better selection and prices and go shopping and not have to worry about drinking and driving. / END RANT...

Ok one more... this also wouldn't bother me as much if DHS, AK, and Epcot weren't in such dyer need of TLC.

Ignohippo

I hate to be a negative Nancy, and I guess anything is better than nothing, but I will be moderately upset if all that is added is more retail and restaurants. Granted I know that is the purpose of DTD, but I don't feel like everyone is clamoring for more restaurant choices at DTD... It's nice to see them investing and building anything and I agree DTD has a crowd and a parking problem, but if I don't see NIGHTLIFE added this will be a big disappointment for me. I had thought of planning an adults only trip, and was contemplating going for a night at City Walk, even though it would be far from our Disney resort and we would have to take a very expensive cab ride over there. I would much rather stay on Disney property take the bus and spend a night out drinking and having fun close to our resort, but that really isn't an option... It used to be... It would be nice for it to be an option again... We can drive to the outlets which will undoubtedly have better selection and prices and go shopping and not have to worry about drinking and driving. / END RANT...

Ok one more... this also wouldn't bother me as much if DHS, AK, and Epcot weren't in such dyer need of TLC.

I'll take your rant one step further. What DTD needs is night life AND a hotel resort that appeals primarilly to adults right there at DTD (like the land just north of Cirque).

What makes City Walk so uniquely convenient is that you can get your drink on and then stumble to your hotel room steps away. The non-Disney hotels in the area aren't close enough to be considered nearly as convenient. The resort would be a great feeder for traffic on the West Side and could add a lot of atmosphere to the area.

Jrn14

I'll take your rant one step further. What DTD needs is night life AND a hotel resort that appeals primarilly to adults right there at DTD (like the land just north of Cirque).

What makes City Walk so uniquely convenient is that you can get your drink on and then stumble to your hotel room steps away. The non-Disney hotels in the area aren't close enough to be considered nearly as convenient. The resort would be a great feeder for traffic on the West Side and could add a lot of atmosphere to the area.

I think that would be a great idea, and be a big money maker.. Really the only option is insanely priced drinks at the pool bar

to be honest I had stayed in the non Disney DTD resorts before and we were able to go to DTD late and then walk back to the hotel and it wasn't too bad. I truly don't even mind taking the bus to wherever on property, but at least give me that option... I don't expect them to turn DTD into Bourbon Street, but it would be nice to have a few clubs for one night of adult partying... I guess I'm still bitter about PI closing :(

bigeternity

We're just hours way from the big announcement. I trust it won't be disappointing. After all they've had years to
revise this and "reimagine" this area.

NoChesterHester

OOOOOKayyyy......I guess you know more then me. You evidently have some inside connections. I agree most construction contracts are structured the way as you described. But we are talking about a Disney project. Name one construction project in lets say the last....ummmmm......decade that looked as if it was done on a reasonable time table? How long did it take them to build some themed toilets again?

A typical Disney construction project takes a ridiculous amount of time for one reason - spread out the cash over multiple quarters. A project like this has a huge incentive to hold to a more normal schedule - to rush - to hurry - because when it opens they can start charging rent.

John

A typical Disney construction project takes a ridiculous amount of time for one reason - spread out the cash over multiple quarters. A project like this has a huge incentive to hold to a more normal schedule - to rush - to hurry - because when it opens they can start charging rent.

Stop....just stop. Your making to much sense. These things rarely go hand in hand when we talk about TDO. That said.....as reported this is a Burbank project so you could be correct.

Obi Walt Kenobi

This is exciting...but I can't help but be wary, as of recently (hyperion wharf, flammingo crossings, Avator)I have heard several announcements that never come to pass or seemed to get delayed. Let's hope they can move the ball, so to speak on this one.

DisneyGuyNYC

Here's a guess: lots of stores, bigger World of Disney, some restaurants, and some street performers and if there's any nightlife it will be of the ESPNZone/Applebee's bar on a weeknight kind of variety.

Maybe one "different" thing but I doubt it'll be that exciting.

I miss Pleasure Island.

tumblr_ls2fege6681r261nxo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom