Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Fail.
I'm surprised Jim C. is ok with that....or is he?

I agree.....why bother? Even if they do build one ride....you know what happens? Everyone and thier mother will want to ride it and it ends up being another TSMM....great....so now there will not only be a stampede at DHS they will have one at AK. Wait a minute....I think I am on to something. Maybe we can make the stampede into an attraction? We will have those fancy bracelets....we can reserve a spot!...two months in advance:)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Just want to throw my nickles worth in here....why a nickle...
Why a nickel? I figured it was in deference to your neighbours to the North, whose penny was removed from circulation more than a month ago. Although, technically, 2 cents is rounded down, whereas 3 cents would be rounded up.

WDW1974

Fail.
I'm surprised Jim C. is ok with that....or is he?

That's a very good question. I'd have to think he is fine with it since he wouldn't approve otherwise. Considering how Disney had been looking to trim $$$ from the project, this might actually be the best possible outcome. One really kewl attraction that doesn't overpower the park. Could be worse ... could be much worse.

prfctlyximprct

I agree.....why bother? Even if they do build one ride....you know what happens? Everyone and thier mother will want to ride it and it ends up being another TSMM....great....so now there will not only be a stampede at DHS they will have one at AK. Wait a minute....I think I am on to something. Maybe we can make the stampede into an attraction? We will have those fancy bracelets....we can reserve a spot!...two months in advance:)

This reminds me of Jumangi

WDW1974

Nah...Linus for sure.
I've seen photos of them together. Both equal parts charm and deviousness. A formidable pair, to be sure.

I think Michael and I should do a buddy dark 'comedy' together when Person of Interest ends.

Could be an Odd Couple meets Disney Lifestyler deal ... only, in a twist, we both are serial killers in one reality and cops looking for serial killers in the alternate one.

WDW1974

That's not too far off of what the wait for a table at the Boca CF was last time I was there. I didn't wait for it though -- been there too many times to wait more than 20-30 min.

You talking the Boca Raton Town Center CF? If so, I know that VERY well.

As to waiting, that's all part of the CF 'charm' such as it is. I like the place, but think it's very overrated and they need to realize it isn't still 1993 and they're the only game in town.

dhall

You talking the Boca Raton Town Center CF? If so, I know that VERY well.

As to waiting, that's all part of the CF 'charm' such as it is. I like the place, but think it's very overrated and they need to realize it isn't still 1993 and they're the only game in town.
That's the one -- seems like every family in Boca celebrated something there a couple of times a year. CF in Boca is just printing money (or was, last time I looked).

Everytime we go back, tho, the place we always hit is Brewzzi's -- gotta have my Boca Blonde

dhall

This has been their desire since the late 90s (yeah, the Eisner era) and now they have the whole place free of Disney owned and operated dining locales ... wonder if a third party is coming in to manage the entire venture. THAT would be big enough to have Staggs around for. And THAT would be big enough to keep the CP gang out of the loop.

On a personal level, that bothers me. I always enjoyed Captain Jack's ... even as it's been dumbed down over the years.
I think Captain Jacks was the first sit down meal my wife and I bought for ourselves at Disney: many (many) years ago on our way to Cocoa Beach.

Atomicmickey

Thi
That's a very good question. I'd have to think he is fine with it since he wouldn't approve otherwise. Considering how Disney had been looking to trim $$$ from the project, this might actually be the best possible outcome. One really kewl attraction that doesn't overpower the park. Could be worse ... could be much worse.

This would be the coaster, then?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I think Captain Jacks was the first sit down meal my wife and I bought for ourselves at Disney: many (many) years ago on our way to Cocoa Beach.
I remember our first sit-down Disney meal too. September, 1991 - L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante @ Epcot - back in the good old days when you could get same day reservations. I got Fettucine Alfredo, of course. Can't remember what hubby (then boyfriend) got; probably something with a red sauce though.

PhotoDave219

I remember our first sit-down Disney meal too. September, 1991 - L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante @ Epcot - back in the good old days when you could get same day reservations. I got Fettucine Alfredo, of course. Can't remember what hubby (then boyfriend) got; probably something with a red sauce though.

Its possible to get same-day reservations. I'd tell you how I do it, but then EVERYONE would & I couldnt ;)

AndyS2992

So the whole of Downtown Disney is being renamed Disney Springs or just the old PI section?

Don't really like the new name.

montyz81

I have an idea create a new restaurant experience by bringing the omnimover to a restaurant seating. Use the turn table frequently for the service end of the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom