Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry if this is a stupid question or if its already been covered, but will any parts of DTD be closing during the construction? My trip this year is in Nov. and I always love to take a trip to DTD one night and just relax...
No the plan is to keep DTD open during all of the work. There will of course be detours, and signs of construction, but things will keep going :)

wdw71fan

There are plans for a 'Mickey and Friends' style tram once the garages are completed.

And yes, there will be further construction in a future phase beyond Cirque.. but whats on tap for Phase I will be a LOT to do, so it will likely be a few years down the road.

imagineer boy

I think my only objection is just the renaming of it to "Disney Springs." I'm sorry, but that name is beyond lame, and there was nothing wrong with it being called DTD in the first place.

Secondly, is only the expansion having the "beautiful lush, old Florida feel"? Or are they rethemeing all of DTD to this theme?

WDW1974

WDW1974

So I guess its safe to say with Captain Jacks finally closing that Disney is officially out of the restaurant business when it comes to Downtown Disney

This has been their desire since the late 90s (yeah, the Eisner era) and now they have the whole place free of Disney owned and operated dining locales ... wonder if a third party is coming in to manage the entire venture. THAT would be big enough to have Staggs around for. And THAT would be big enough to keep the CP gang out of the loop.

On a personal level, that bothers me. I always enjoyed Captain Jack's ... even as it's been dumbed down over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom