Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTXRover

I know, I know. I tried to make the post not all "doom and gloom".
I really think that this is needed in general, and as I said, I think it will
look nice and I will visit.

It's sorta like the Tangled bathrooms, etc. Nice, needed, well done. Golf clap.

None of this stuff is what'll make me book a new trip to WDW, though.
New attractions will drive that.

Golf clap.

I agree. Not going to make me book a trip, but certainly something I can enjoy when at WDW.

With things moving forward with clearing out camp Minnie mickey and assuming Pandora gets built and the info that a DHS makeover is serious, then in a few years there will be plenty new to enjoy. Hopefully this is just one piece of a bigger puzzle of new things to come.

71jason

My question: where is everyone going to park while the 2 new garges are built? You really can't afford to loose 2 lots. Parking already sucks there!!

I'm no engineer, but build the west garage first (on the lots people rarely use, if my understanding is correct), then use that for parking when you finally close the Marketplace lot. Probably counting on heavy construction to deter a lot of guests, as well.

articos

I'm no engineer, but build the west garage first (on the lots people rarely use, if my understanding is correct), then use that for parking when you finally close the Marketplace lot. Probably counting on heavy construction to deter a lot of guests, as well.
Bingo. Be prepared, this is going to be a rough ride for a 9 month span or so especially towards end of summer and Holiday as it's going to really mess up throughflow within DtD, but it will be worth it in the end.

doctornick

RSR, Ratatouille, and the proposed Monsters Coaster are far from being thrill rides. Indy is the only one that fits that bill.

Ratatouille certainly not. RSR and almost certainly the Monsters Inc door coaster would, however, have a height restriction and be at least "mild thrills". That would prevent them from being true entire family rides and might limit their use by people who don't tend to enjoy or tolerate "thrill" rides. There's nothing wrong with such rides, mind you, but DHS already has a bunch of height restriction stuff -- they really need rides that are accessible to all. That's a big reason why TSMM is always so crowded, since there is not really alternative rides for all ages in DHS.

GeneralKnowledge

This isn't a new thing that TDO is doing. It's actually a long standing habit that goes all the way back to Walt himself. Walt went on national television talking about ideas and concepts like the Museum of the Weird and International Street for Disneyland, and those were never built. So maybe it's just a long standing tradition.

Good point

71jason

I guess my honest question is Why Not? I mean seriously they have enough demand to make perhaps a trifecto of Adult Only offerings work and they know this would be a fanboi dream come true, so why not.

I think at this point the Adventurers Club has become more an online meme for fans who want the "old Disney" back than an actual bar. (Compare to Horizons a few years ago.) I do wonder how many people who mention it in posts--not this thread necessarily, but in general--even set foot in the place. Anyone who proposes making an AdvClub restaurant or putting it in a theme park just doesn't "get" what it was all about.

I think the Ad Club, Comedy Club and a dance club (hybrid of Motion/8-trax) would do well and really eleveate some of the longstanding hurt left over from closing the island.

I'd ditch the comedy club for some sort of ultra lounge or some other unique offering (still intrigued by the original idea of a villains bar), and I'd try to keep two dance clubs--on contemporary (a Motion/Mannequinns hybrid, but with the old Mannequins floor), one 70s/80s. I agree with the basic theory, tho, reusing the "core" clubs as nightlife. I suspect Paradiso and Raglan would welcome the influx of new customers.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I'd ditch the comedy club for some sort of ultra lounge or some other unique offering (still intrigued by the original idea of a villains bar), and I'd try to keep two dance clubs--on contemporary (a Motion/Mannequinns hybrid, but with the old Mannequins floor), one 70s/80s. I agree with the basic theory, tho, reusing the "core" clubs as nightlife. I suspect Paradiso and Raglan would welcome the influx of new customers.

Agreed, and with the music as it is now, Motion nearly blends with MDP anyway. Must have the floor and CO2 shooters...and amazing light show. Sigh, I miss it so much

TarzanRocked99-

I think at this point the Adventurers Club has become more an online meme for fans who want the "old Disney" back than an actual bar. (Compare to Horizons a few years ago.) I do wonder how many people who mention it in posts--not this thread necessarily, but in general--even set foot in the place. Anyone who proposes making an AdvClub restaurant or putting it in a theme park just doesn't "get" what it was all about.

Crowd flow is what was a killer at the comedy warehouse, there was really only time to order one drink per show, hence the lower bar revenue. The Adventures Club was just so unique in and of itself and I miss the whole experience, and no it would not work as a restaurant. And then the actual dancing club should take elements from what worked before, the revolving floor of Manaquins with the incredible lighting system being one of them. Throw the three back on the Magic and More options instead of Oak Trail and BOOM you have bodies in the bars ready to buy marked up beverages which equals profits and happier consumers.

jt04

All you construction workers who will be building those parking garages owe me big time. You can pay me in waffles. Lots of waffles.

Lee

Adventurer
I disagree somewhat. I think an AC restaurant would be very cool.
In a few months we can use the one in Hong Kong as an example.

As seen in the art I put up, the building will remain....but with a heavily rethemed exterior.

jt04

My stuff is from October and December.

If anyone is interested in the bridge, a couple shots of it are up.

The art work is amazing and the shot of the "wetland" gives the best idea of where they are going I think. Brilliant considering the real world location. It definitely works on that level. Wow.

Sorry if this is a stupid question or if its already been covered, but will any parts of DTD be closing during the construction? My trip this year is in Nov. and I always love to take a trip to DTD one night and just relax...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom