Downtown Disney District Extends to Buena Vista Street

Anjin

There's a large gate between DTD and DCA between World of Disney and La Brea (next to Soarin'). I can see them using that as an entrance and the main DCA gates as an exit to keep things flowing in one direction and help with social distancing. The path next to Soarin' is probably wide enough to do entrance and exit and just keep the main gate for exit, or even just for emergency exit.

View attachment 508196

The DTD side:

View attachment 508197

The DCA side:

View attachment 508198
Looks like you were right!

Darkbeer1

Two comments.

Since the current DtD setup has capacity limits and some locations have long lines for Food/Merchandise, Disney came up with a solution.

First, they tried opening Stage 17, which add square footage and a new shop, it didn't solve the issue of too much demand.

So now we have a much larger area to be available, with many Food and Merchandise options. So now you have a larger capacity for DtD, which hopefully reduce the long lines and waits to enter DtD. (The East Entrance is WAY better, basically no lines or waits, but you need to walk in, so staying in one of the nearby Hotels/Motels that are open, use public transit, have someone drop you off (a friend, taxi, Uber, Lyft, etc.) or find an alternative place to park, like GardenWalk, Free for the first hour, $3 per hour after that).

Adding Food Courts, along with the Food/Merchandise locations, creates more queues, and more space.

As for Knott's, they started with a small part of the park, and expanded the space for the next event. The current event added operating days/hours due to demand.

The Fee structure was to have customers pre-pay for their Food/Drink Items (5 for Adults, 3 for Kids), at about $5-$6 each. This kept the "Browsers" out of the park, and allowed them to keep the Capacity limits without much issue.

Now, each item costs Knott's less than a Dollar to make, but then you need to factor all the labor, upkeep and additional items like picnic tables, plexiglass, etc. So not much profit, but allowed them to keep their core associates employed and working, money in the cash registers, and their core fans happy (well, except the ride fans).

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
Does anyone have an inside scoop as to when reservations for Carthay are going to open? And When this extension event will start approx.? I imagine getting reservations to the single sit-down restaurant (with 25% capacity) in the lone opened land in the lone opened park will be more impossible than a ROTR boarding pass.

Stevek

Does anyone have an inside scoop as to when reservations for Carthay are going to open? And When this extension event will start approx.? I imagine getting reservations to the single sit-down restaurant (with 25% capacity) in the lone opened land in the lone opened park will be more impossible than a ROTR boarding pass.
Nothing yet...just TBD in November. Reservations are going to be very challenging to say the least.

Stevek

Two comments.

Now, each item costs Knott's less than a Dollar to make, but then you need to factor all the labor, upkeep and additional items like picnic tables, plexiglass, etc. So not much profit, but allowed them to keep their core associates employed and working, money in the cash registers, and their core fans happy (well, except the ride fans).
I had a couple items that I'd have a hard time paying $1 for again but a couple of really good items as well.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Will they be doing reservations since they only said they're opening the lounge, not the restaurant?

Darkbeer1

Yikes. This shows that Disneys social media employees are paid to pose as regular people to influence opinion. They forgot to log into the right account in this case.

Guess this confirms Disney will do a food festival soon.

Before Disney created its own Disney Parks Blog, they used to come on Boards like this to try and spin posts.

Little they they know at the beginning that a couple of boards knew the IP Addresses of TDA and Burbank.

Al Lutz had a Rolodex of CM's, from Senior Execs and major players, to many CM's less known.

Al referred the Maintenance group to me, as it was the photos showing the issues they wanted to be fixed/have attention placed on them.

Weird times, had some CM's feeding us info to convert into stories and other CM's trying to discredit you.

Actually had a couple of CM's giving me heads up they had to post certain items to make us look bad. But they also used us to place positive stories.

It was an interesting game 20 years ago.

But then, Bud Hurlbut hooked me up with senior Knott's/Cedar Fair execs. He wanted inside scoop about the park he helped make famous.

Anyway, time to get to work. Have a great day folks.

TP2000

Before Disney created its own Disney Parks Blog, they used to come on Boards like this to try and spin posts.

Little they they know at the beginning that a couple of boards knew the IP Addresses of TDA and Burbank.

Al Lutz had a Rolodex of CM's, from Senior Execs and major players, to many CM's less known.

Al referred the Maintenance group to me, as it was the photos showing the issues they wanted to be fixed/have attention placed on them.

Weird times, had some CM's feeding us info to convert into stories and other CM's trying to discredit you.

Actually had a couple of CM's giving me heads up they had to post certain items to make us look bad. But they also used us to place positive stories.

It was an interesting game 20 years ago.

But then, Bud Hurlbut hooked me up with senior Knott's/Cedar Fair execs. He wanted inside scoop about the park he helped make famous.

Anyway, time to get to work. Have a great day folks.

I just wish we all could have learned who "Marcie" was on Mouseinfo 18 years ago.

I still like to think it was Cynthia Harriss herself, but if I could know that for sure I'd die of Covid a happy man. 🤣

mfortis

True, they really could turn both parks into a mass shopping and dining district...Knott's version on steroids minus any upcharge. Crowd control would be the biggest issue...do they increase number of guests given the potential bigger capacity?
They would do it like Florida. Once the parking lot fills up they stop letting people in DTD

Stevek

They would do it like Florida. Once the parking lot fills up they stop letting people in DTD
Not sure it would work like that out here given capacity limits. I don't believe parking lots are getting full out here per se, they just have a set limit as to how many people they can let it. So technically, you may be right...just not exactly full parking lots.

Ismael Flores

They really should just go all out with DCA if this partial opening is successful. forget the upcharge to enter just do what knots is doing and pre-sale tasting cards giving people the option of how many items they want to add to the card.

Open all of DCA eateries and stores and then use the large open areas like the Paradise tiered viewing area for staging booths as far apart as possible.

make the whole Paradise area and Pixar Pier area a one way traffic zone.

Places like Grizzley can remain closed or also create one way walking paths which is possible because they have the two large trails that wrap around rapids.

If they can't get the park open because of covid rules then go all out and create a massive dining and merchandise area for the time being.

DIsneyland might be a bit more difficult because of its layout unless they just open mainstreet also as a one way corridor. use the two outer pathways (backstage on west side and alley on east side) as exit only

Darkbeer1

I just wish we all could have learned who "Marcie" was on Mouseinfo 18 years ago.

I still like to think it was Cynthia Harriss herself, but if I could know that for sure I'd die of Covid a happy man. 🤣

Marcie was actually a gentleman who was a junior exec in DLR Public Affairs/Media Relations. Near the end of our Debating period, he was assigned to an event I was covering. I did say hello to him, with an interesting look on my face. I had fun with that, though I didn't call him Marcie......

A trusted CM in the department, basically his boss, let me know who he was, and I dropped a couple of hints to Marcie in my posts at MouseInfo. Gosh, he was good at spin, and avoiding points I made, since he knew they were solid, so he tried to shift the conversation, or at times, lied.

One time, he was stating the company line of no special access for those guests on a tour with a Plaid. I had recently allowed to take a new tour as a comped guest, so I could write a honest review of it. Well, our tour had special Front of the Line access for the Train, Mickey's House and something else, plus reserved tables at Casa de Fritos. He got caught, and after I provided detailed info about the tour. he admitted that there was minor accommodations to keep the group together. But it was a time the Frontierland Train Station wait was 3 trains or so, and a hour wait to see Mickey in his House.

I had fun in those debates, he really didn't know where I got a lot of my inside info.

Stevek

Marcie was actually a gentleman who was a junior exec in DLR Public Affairs/Media Relations. Near the end of our Debating period, he was assigned to an event I was covering. I did say hello to him, with an interesting look on my face. I had fun with that, though I didn't call him Marcie......

A trusted CM in the department, basically his boss, let me know who he was, and I dropped a couple of hints to Marcie in my posts at MouseInfo. Gosh, he was good at spin, and avoiding points I made, since he knew they were solid, so he tried to shift the conversation, or at times, lied.

One time, he was stating the company line of no special access for those guests on a tour with a Plaid. I had recently allowed to take a new tour as a comped guest, so I could write a honest review of it. Well, our tour had special Front of the Line access for the Train, Mickey's House and something else, plus reserved tables at Casa de Fritos. He got caught, and after I provided detailed info about the tour. he admitted that there was minor accommodations to keep the group together. But it was a time the Frontierland Train Station wait was 3 trains or so, and a hour wait to see Mickey in his House.

I had fun in those debates, he really didn't know where I got a lot of my inside info.
Good old Marcie...always looked forward to the "scoops" back in the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom