Downtown Disney District Extends to Buena Vista Street

VJ

Original Poster

jrhwdw

Soon, all of the Disneyland Resort will be Downtown Disney.

At least DLR is trying something!
So, will people have to go through DCA's gates or is there a back door onto BVS in DTD we don't know about?

Stevek

So it begins. Kudos to Disney for doing it at no upcharge granted they will make money off concession/food/shopping. Will be interesting to see how they control crowds as I gotta believe crowds will gravitate there. I wonder if Main Street up to and including the HUB will be next. 4 restaurants, starbucks, plenty of shopping.

ThreadMaster5

So it begins. Kudos to Disney for doing it at no upcharge granted they will make money off concession/food/shopping. Will be interesting to see how they control crowds as I gotta believe crowds will gravitate there. I wonder if Main Street up to and including the HUB will be next. 4 restaurants, starbucks, plenty of shopping.
Where did they say that?

cmwade77

Honestly, they could probably open every shopping and dining venue in both parks as an extension of DTD and make a killing. But they most likely are testing the waters first and maybe are also playing it safe in case the trial and/or lawsuits pan out.

wdwfan22

Honestly, they could probably open every shopping and dining venue in both parks as an extension of DTD and make a killing. But they most likely are testing the waters first and maybe are also playing it safe in case the trial and/or lawsuits pan out.
I doubt that. I think they are making a mistake opening Buena Vista Street. They now have to staff the park, decorate it for the holidays for locals that are going to use it for a hangout.

Stevek

True, they really could turn both parks into a mass shopping and dining district...Knott's version on steroids minus any upcharge. Crowd control would be the biggest issue...do they increase number of guests given the potential bigger capacity?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom