Downtown Disney District Extends to Buena Vista Street

Darkbeer1

Well, I read that sentence with mixed emotions. I soooo wanted Marcie to be Cynthia.

But I believe you, and that makes a lot of sense. Even if it makes me kind of sad. :(

Well, based on my sources, "Marcie" knew Ms. Harriss, and that a member of her close staff was friends of "Marcie", and supposedly "Marcie" posted some of the info he got from Cynthia's staff.

"Marcie" had her marching orders, the owner of MouseInfo at the time agreed to feature her, in exchange for special access.

"Marcie's" mistake, IMHO, was to participate on the Boards. If he just wrote featured articles, well, it would have been harder to point out his mistakes/errors. Instead, he tried to defend his articles/posts, and dug himself further into a hole. But of course, to her, DCA 1.0 is a overwhelming success. Interesting to note, she disappeared in 2006, when Bob Iger called DCA a failure in a Stockholder's meeting.

I loved that Bob Iger spoke to The Wall Street Journal in 2010: "Steve Jobs is fond of talking about brand deposits and brand withdrawals. Any time you do something mediocre with your brand, that's a withdrawal. California Adventure was a brand withdrawal."

Darkbeer1

And for newbies, here is a very interesting read.

Anjin

You don't happen to have that presentation any more, do you? Asking for a friend. ;)

SuddenStorm

I just wish we all could have learned who "Marcie" was on Mouseinfo 18 years ago.

I still like to think it was Cynthia Harriss herself, but if I could know that for sure I'd die of Covid a happy man. 🤣

Troy, I'd like to think you and Marcie passed eachother at the "Eat Ticket" cafeteria a few times.... not knowing that you two were both on TDA's payroll to influence public opinion about the parks.

TP2000

Now where's Jonvn?

Based on his DUI arrest record in NorCal back in the 2000's, the 2010's invention of Uber was probably the best thing that could have happened to him after he left the LP boards. The poor guy, I wish him well wherever he is or however he's getting home from the bar now.

"They do this to all their parks." -Jonvn on LP after Bob Iger admitted in 2007 that DCA was a flop and needed a Billion dollar makeover.

Well, based on my sources, "Marcie" knew Ms. Harriss, and that a member of her close staff was friends of "Marcie", and supposedly "Marcie" posted some of the info he got from Cynthia's staff.

"Marcie" had her marching orders, the owner of MouseInfo at the time agreed to feature her, in exchange for special access.

"Marcie's" mistake, IMHO, was to participate on the Boards. If he just wrote featured articles, well, it would have been harder to point out his mistakes/errors. Instead, he tried to defend his articles/posts, and dug himself further into a hole. But of course, to her, DCA 1.0 is a overwhelming success. Interesting to note, she disappeared in 2006, when Bob Iger called DCA a failure in a Stockholder's meeting.

I loved that Bob Iger spoke to The Wall Street Journal in 2010: "Steve Jobs is fond of talking about brand deposits and brand withdrawals. Any time you do something mediocre with your brand, that's a withdrawal. California Adventure was a brand withdrawal."

Okay, that makes me feel a bit better that at least Cynthia was plugged in.

Good point about Marcie's mistake being joining the boards. Marice was such an obvious shill with such an obvious loathing of all the unflattering (to TDA) big scoops Al Lutz was getting back then, that it made her (him?) look petty and dishonest. It was trying to hang with the cool kids on the boards that did Marcie in. Typical TDA cubicle farm hubris that was done in by folks like us who know United Airlines was the first sponsor of the Tiki Room and that Discovery Bay was supposed to be where Star Wars Land is now.

Troy, I'd like to think you and Marcie passed eachother at the "Eat Ticket" cafeteria a few times.... not knowing that you two were both on TDA's payroll to influence public opinion about the parks.

Screw that, I want to know where the Main Gate Pass for my nanny is! Do you know who I am?!?

SuddenStorm

My goodness, people still post there!

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Looks like you were right!
4k8eg9.jpg

TP2000

Well, now that we've walked down Memory Lane, how do we think we're going to walk into Buena Vista Street?

The newspaper said they'd let us in "at a gate near La Brea Bakery". That sounds exactly like the gate they used for DCA's exit during the messy 2011-2012 construction of Buena Vista Street when the main entrance was closed. And the DCA entry forced you into this weird alleyway behind Soarin' that led to the Grizzly Peak Airfield area....

Possiblyprobably-my-last-time-using-the-temporary-entrance-to-DCA-620x370.jpg

So will they use that old alleyway again? Or just let us straight into Grizzly Peak Airfield to walk towards Buena Vista Street and the Carthay Circle area?

I have made this stunningly professional map that is hard to believe it was created by an old man having a glass of wine, with the blue arrow being the old 2011 "backstage" alleyway behind Soarin' that would dump you out at the park entrance just beyond the turnstiles. And the red arrow being the more permanent walkway thru Grizzly Peak Airfield that would dump you out right at the Starbucks at Carthay Circle.

Beautiful downtown Buena Vista Street is outlined in gold, with gold stars on the main shopping and dining operations to be offered within a Blueprint For A Safer Economy.

They should probably go with the red arrow option, even though it's a longer walk.

Inkedmarvel-land-map-disney-california-adventure_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Stevek

My goodness, people still post there!
They are still pretty active in the Disney community. I still remember going to their storefront, mouseshoppe when I worked in Anahizzle and picking up e ticket magazines along with a numbered set of this series. Great pics in these books by the way.

Attachments

• 4A67BEBD-009A-4493-811E-6F4145B89462.jpeg
    4A67BEBD-009A-4493-811E-6F4145B89462.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 61

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Why do you say that? Because of the Disneyland Paris closure?
Yeah. I mean everyone was saying "Euro has gotten the virus figured out " after the initial outbreak and it looked like Europe was all good and open again now they are getting more cases and closing Disneyland Paris again and California's cases are rising it just makes me think the "food festival" loop hole is going to be closed off.

D

Deleted member 107043

I'm not surprised about DLP. We have to assume that when a community reopens after a period of shelter in place there's a good chance it may need to temporarily close down again to tame any increasing spread. Generally speaking Europe did a great job at the start, but then summer happened and many countries got complacent, relaxed the rules, and here we are. Australia, which has also done a good job at containing the virus, had a few surges in recent months but officials immediately initiated strict stay at home orders in hot spot communities and things are under control again. At least in the US we're consistent. Infections have only gotten worse here since the pandemic began.

Robbiem

I'm not surprised about DLP. We have to assume that when a community reopens after a period of shelter in place there's a good chance it may need to temporarily close down again to tame any increasing spread. Generally speaking Europe did a great job at the start, but then summer happened and many countries got complacent, relaxed the rules, and here we are. Australia, which has also done a good job at containing the virus, had a few surges in recent months but officials immediately initiated strict stay at home orders in hot spot communities and things are under control again. At least in the US we're consistent. Infections have only gotten worse here since the pandemic began.

Europe’s handling of Covid was/is a disaster, don’t think otherwise. It was a free for all between the various countries. When the outbreak started in Italy France and Germany banned sending medical aid and the only country which helped was Russia. They could have stopped the outbreak in its tracks but didn’t. Austria didnt admit covid was there as it didn’t want to affect its ski season, Spain has been anarchy the UK a disaster. The eastern nations were better initially but resent the talking down they’ve got from the wealthier western nations

The countries which have handed covid best are New Zealand and some of the south East Asian nations like Thailand and south korea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom