Downtown Disney District Extends to Buena Vista Street

fctiger

Looking at that video I can't tell will it be another pathway that can take you into AC or is it just isolated and a dead end for guests? It's a little space but clearly designed for something there and I assume more than just selling food and drinks. But always love the extra little mile they go.

TP2000

It's just a dead end...

Oh, you're right! It's just a little cul-de-sac dead end.

With Tuscany! paving stones from Home Depot, paired against the old insect rockwork themed to A Bug's Life. And Christmas themed hot dog n' churro carts. Plus the obligatory Dockers clad middle managers standing around with their backs turned to everyone. :rolleyes:

How odd. They must have installed this for some reason. An outlet to a back of house kitchen? A relief valve for food festivals? An extra little area to... put churro carts? Because there was a sale on patio pavers at Home Depot?

But thank God some lifestyle blogger all masked up in her Scion was still able to make a 13 minute video about it! 🤣

truecoat

It's just a dead end. I used to work at DCA and the story was that a newer kitchen was to be built there so it'll be closer to the route for food and wine. But then opened to this. I can see it just as a multi purpose area for now. Maybe when food and wine does come it can be some booths or even a welcome center.

Is this roughly the space we're talking about?

Bugs.jpg

mharrington

So apparently, Newsom is threatening to unleash a new stay-at-home order. Would that affect even this partial reopening of DCA and Downtown Disney. I have a feeling that it will.

LastoneOn

Heard the crowds were incredibly light. Had friends that went Sunday and walked right into BV street, zero wait. Wonder if folks were scared away due to crowd concerns?
Could be.

But you know, people are largely being cautious. Humans are both naturally curious and cautious, self preservation is strong, that's why the species has survived.

The tyrants have no self restraint and think the rest of us are like them. So they seek to FORCE caution onto us.
Just look at the excuses some of them have for their massless dining, travel, etc: "I went before the new rules" So what you have is so called leader preaching to us everyday how dangerous life is now, telling us to stay home, be cautious, take the pain, all the while they go about they lives with ease. Think about that: These mayors etc were out and about going to parties, traveling, all of that WHILE AT THE SAME TIME telling us how dangerous these actives were. This is not just about violating their own rules, some have some haven't, it's as much if not more about how they themselves simply do not practice what they preach. Laws, rules, ethics, proper conduct, these things are for the little people, NOT elected and un elected public officials, celebrities, etc.

Next time you see some rich person telling you what to give up, ask yourself: What have THEY given up? Nothing. Those that preach the loudest about YOU giving up your life, your travel, your car, your cheap energy, all of that, they give up NOTHING. And laugh at you all the way to the bank.

LastoneOn

It would be hysterical if Ken Potrock could invite Cynthia Harriss to come visit the Buena Vista Street Social Distance Mall, Presented by Huawei and see her vision finally come to life. A shopping mall entirely devoid of expensive entertainment, costly attractions, and profit-sucking overhead.

This was what Cynthia dreamed of in 1999, but never saw it come to life. She deserves this.

P01-4.jpg
bringing together the integration of theme and sense of place and all the rest of the standard script that everyone quotes from the books

LastoneOn

So apparently, Newsom is threatening to unleash a new stay-at-home order. Would that affect even this partial reopening of DCA and Downtown Disney. I have a feeling that it will.
Just refuse to stay home anyway. Get out, walk around town, doesn't matter if shops are closed or not. Get out of the house. Don't allow tyrants to declare your life unessential.

fctiger

It's just a dead end. I used to work at DCA and the story was that a newer kitchen was to be built there so it'll be closer to the route for food and wine. But then opened to this. I can see it just as a multi purpose area for now. Maybe when food and wine does come it can be some booths or even a welcome center.

OK thank you! And I seen another vlogger video on it who made it clear according to who they talked to this spot has nothing to do with AC at all and will be used for exactly what you said, for things like food and wine. It makes sense or why have two entrances to the same land literally right next to each other.

fctiger

Just refuse to stay home anyway. Get out, walk around town, doesn't matter if shops are closed or not. Get out of the house. Don't allow tyrants to declare your life unessential.

The irony of this post is they also literally said to do that. You can and should get out and walk around and get air. They are encouraging people to do those things. I think this is just about having too many people in your house who doesn't live there. That seems to be the issue more than anything. But that said, I don't understand why they would take away dining outdoors?

fctiger

It doesn't sound like it's affecting actual stores. And AFAIK it hasn't affected outdoor dining....at least not yet. But in L.A., that's already been affected.

Darkbeer1

Newsom Announces New Regional Stay-at-Home Order
Mandate Will Be Based on ICU Capacity

December 3, 2020

California Gov. Gavin Newsom introduced a new regional stay-at-home order that triggers business shutdowns and limits on people's movement based on hospital ICU capacity by regions.

Here is a summary of pending restrictions and closures:

Indoor and outdoor playgrounds
Indoor recreational facilities
Hair salons and barbershops
Personal care services
Museums, zoos, and aquariums
Movie theaters
Wineries
Bars, breweries, and distilleries
Family entertainment centers
Cardrooms and satellite wagering
Limited services
Live audience sports
Amusement parks

The following sectors will have additional modifications in addition to 100% masking and physical distancing:

Outdoor recreational facilities: Allow outdoor operation only without any food, drink or alcohol sales. Additionally, overnight stays at campgrounds will not be permitted.
Retail: Allow indoor operation at 20% capacity with entrance metering and no eating or drinking in the stores. Additionally, special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
Shopping centers: Allow indoor operation at 20% capacity with entrance metering and no eating or drinking in the stores. Additionally, special hours should be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
Hotels and lodging: Allow to open for critical infrastructure support only.
Restaurants: Allow only for take-out, pick-up, or delivery.
Offices: Allow remote only except for critical infrastructure sectors where remote working is not possible.
Places of worship and political expression: Allow outdoor services only.
Entertainment production including professional sports: Allow operation without live audiences. Additionally, testing protocol and “bubbles” are highly encouraged.

The following sectors are allowed to remain open when a remote option is not possible with appropriate infectious disease preventative measures including 100% masking and physical distancing:

Critical infrastructure
Schools that are already open for in-person learning
Non-urgent medical and dental care
Child care and pre-K

Retail stores and shopping centers are permitted to remain open indoors at 20% capacity, and restaurants can stay open for takeout only. Outdoor recreation facilities can also stay open with modifications, and entertainment production, including professional sports, can operate without a live audience.

Residents in counties affected by the order can still go to the doctor, buy groceries, go on a hike or worship outdoors. K-12 schools that are already open can continue operating indoors as no more than 20% capacity.

The Triggers

The new order will be triggered if a region's intensive care until bed capacity drops below 15%.

Businesses will have 48 hours to comply once a region meets the threshold.

To be clear, the order is NOT IN EFFECT NOW. The state predicts Southern California would be under these restrictions in "early December."

The Southern California Region consists of Imperial, Inyo, Los Angeles, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura County

For more information go to https://covid19.ca.gov/

If you have any questions, or we can be of any assistance please contact our office at (714) 758-0222

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom