Downtown Disney District Extends to Buena Vista Street

Parteecia

They are charging $10 for parking. They should charge $10 for a reservation and include parking.

I went to Knott's Fall-o-ween and have tickets for this weekend. There is no way I would stand in line for a maybe.

Stevek

Yeah and they're also betting that no one is going to call them out on the chaos, and even if they do get called out, it won't negatively impact the desire to go.
There's enough people with pixie dust flowing through their veins that nothing will keep them from going. We went once, would never go on a weekend again but might try a weeknight but only if I feel there is a need to actually get something there i.e. Christmas gift that I can't get online.

SuddenStorm

Wow, it's exactly what I predicted yesteday.

Disney is supposed to be setting an example of how they set the standard for covid 19 safety. Yet they have a DAILY continuous operation that is designed to have tons of people wait in line in the morning cold. Good job!

For all the talk theyve had about great protocols etc, this just set them back.

Imagine the state health board seeing this...

Those lines look socially distanced, are outside, and everyone is wearing a mask. How dangerous is it really?

SevenSevens

But they only opened 50 min ago? Are they forecasting those in line at 10am won't get in until 3pm, or does that just mean people were lining up at 5am?

SuddenStorm

It also appears that there is no music in Buena Vista St or any of the shops.

Well that's a blunder. This is the month where Christma- er, the holidays are at full swing at the Disneyland Resort, with a delightful holiday medley playing in various lands throughout both parks.

This is the first time the general public has stepped foot in DCA since March, and the docker clad stage management couldn't even get the land show ready?

Yikes! Maybe it's best they hold off on any kind of partial reopen for Disneyland park, I'd hate to see what TDA would call 'acceptable'.

PostScott

I mean... I live 45 mins away from DL so when I went in January/February I woke up at 5:45 and left at 6:15 to ride ROTR. I thought waking up at 5:45 was the earliest I'd ever wake up for DL.

I love the enthusiasm and love some people have for the parks, I love them myself, but getting to DTD at 6-7am for just buena vista street and no rides just kinda seems... weird. I don't want to be mean but getting to the park at 7am was hard for me, even with the excitement of ROTR.

It's been a tough 8-9 months so I guess it's not too out of wack, but 🤷‍♂️ . I'm just waiting for them to open the barriers so guests can walk through more of DCA. It'll probably take a few weeks but they'll need as much capacity as possible for the incoming holiday crowds for the next month and a half.

Edit- Um this is probably unethical but someone posted a picture on twitter of the qr code for the waitlist so I'll give it to y'all. Since I'm so nice, here is the link- https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...terstitial-vw/dlr-dca-buena-vista-street.html

If you want to join the waitlist, you have to be within some kind of boundaries near DL but to save y'all time walking over, just enter it when y'all get to the parking lot. Hopefully it'll work there.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

And this is why they opened DCA first: they get a ludicrous response just for opening something *closer* to DL than DTD. If they had started this with MSUSA, there would have been crickets when they opened BVS.

Can't wait to see if people start getting in line two days in advance if they ever do the same thing for Main Street!

TP2000

Disney has now closed all reservations for BV street, currently a 5 hour wait and it closes at 8pm.

That's hysterical!

Of course, they are limited to only 25% of the design capacity allowed inside the stores, so it's not like the place is packed. But still, people are so desperate to walk around a theme park and buy a Christmas coffee mug and PJ set made in Communist China that they'll wait for five hours?

I can't wait to peruse the YouTube tonight to see the blogger videos on this momentous day! 🤣

Giss Neric

That's hysterical!

Of course, they are limited to only 25% of the design capacity allowed inside the stores, so it's not like the place is packed. But still, people are so desperate to walk around a theme park and buy a Christmas coffee mug and PJ set made in Communist China that they'll wait for five hours?

I can't wait to peruse the YouTube tonight to see the blogger videos on this momentous day! 🤣
1. Do you consider where it's made when purchasing stuff? Don't you find it hard as everything is made in China anyways. I think it's more the experience of buying it inside the park,
2. Adam the Woo and the gang have already posted their POV of the opening.

Giss Neric

People started lining up five hours early, but they didn't really "need" to. Also it looks like the rest of Downtown Disney is empty now.
Of course Downtown Disney is empty as it is the FIRST DAY DCA is opening up partially. Everyone wants to be in Beuna Vista. It's not really "needed" but that's on them. People wait in line for hours on anything that is opening, whether it's a new ride, a new park, a new establishment, etc. so why does it seem a suprise?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom