Does Eating At A Disney Resort Count?

Kriszee1

Hey...when you have 3 small children & you get out of the house...even to eat dinner...w/out the children...it's a vacation!:lol:

:ROFLOL: Then I don't think I've had a dinner vacation in 3 years...when you go WITH the kids its WORK!!!:lol:

The question is not weather a dinner at Boardwalk is a vacation, but rather can you tell someone that you have been to Disney World if you ate a meal at Boardwalk.

For example:
Let's just say that I've been to the Boardwalk for dinner. Besides that, I've never been to anything within 100 miles of Disney World. A few weeks later, while at work someone asks me... hey DSNYKID, have you ever been to Disney World? Can I answer yes or no?

If the question is, did I go to WDW? Yes, then you did, but it should be stated..."I went to dinner at WDW" Then the other would say, "Oh, where did you go?" At that point the conversation can lead into the one we are all having right now! :D Thanks what I think at least.

Kriszee1

Actually, I think my problem is that if I was in Orlando, and did not do any parks, I'd be so peeved at myself, my husband, the fire hydant, :brick: ...that I would not be able to think straight. I am a huge Disney fan (with major Disney issues) and I unfortunately only go there once a year :cry: . My husband is thinking of going there one year and not doing Disney...the blasphemy!:fork:

Out of curiousity, why this question in the 1st place? Who's winning? You or your wife?

Tim G

Just because you have 25 thousand posts doesn't mean you know..LOL! I still like Steve's answer better! But my wife agrees with you. We are sitting here now watching the posts come in on the topic!

Never the less... Tigsmom is right... :D

DSNYKID

Original Poster
Actually, I think my problem is that if I was in Orlando, and did not do any parks, I'd be so peeved at myself, my husband, the fire hydant, :brick: ...that I would not be able to think straight. I am a huge Disney fan (with major Disney issues) and I unfortunately only go there once a year :cry: . My husband is thinking of going there one year and not doing Disney...the blasphemy!:fork:

Out of curiousity, why this question in the 1st place? Who's winning? You or your wife?

So far, looks like I'm in the lead. Here is the story.

In 1997 I was on a business trip. A couple of coworkers and I stayed at a Downtown Disney Resort. It was my first trip to Orlando, a true Disney virgin. We had some down time and, can you believe decided to go to Universal Studios? For dinner, we decided to head over to the Boardwalk to grab some dinner. I really had no idea where they were taking me. I do remember catching a glimpse of Spaceship Earth in the distance and was very excited. This was what I call my first trip to Disney World.

In 2000, my wife and I took our first trip together to Disney World and stayed at Port Orleans and All-Stars.

As husbands like to do to their wives, I tease her and tell her that I've been to WDW one more time than her. That trip in 1997!

There you have it!

Glasgow

ha - good story. I've been down to the Swan and Dolphin several times for a work conference but I still consider it a Disney trip. I'm sure that should burst even more people's brains seeing as the S&D isn't even a Disney resort ... hehe

Kriszee1

Your story has swayed my opinon. If you have seen the ball, you've seen "The World" in my humble opinon. My husband agrees with you...it's disney property. It may not have been a full blown disney experience, but you touched by the magic! That's all it takes to get hooked.

DSNYKID

Original Poster
Your story has swayed my opinon. If you have seen the ball, you've seen "The World" in my humble opinon. My husband agrees with you...it's disney property. It may not have been a full blown disney experience, but you touched by the magic! That's all it takes to get hooked.

I like you and your husband is not too bad either! This has been a fun thread for me!

DSNYKID

Original Poster
No, I wouldn't consider it a trip. If you're not going to one of the parks then you're not on a trip/vacation.

Lori Lori Lori, the question here is not if you were on a vacation... the question is,

If you ate a meal at the Boardwalk, and someone asks you if you ever have been to Disney World... do you answer yes or no?

What do you think?

Laura

Premium Member
For example:
Let's just say that I've been to the Boardwalk for dinner. Besides that, I've never been to anything within 100 miles of Disney World. A few weeks later, while at work someone asks me... hey DSNYKID, have you ever been to Disney World? Can I answer yes or no?

If they asked me that I'd say "I grabbed dinner once at one of their resorts".

Personally, I wouldn't count it in a list of vacations. I would only count it in the list if it involved a resort stay and/or a visit to a theme park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Lori Lori Lori, the question here is not if you were on a vacation... the question is,

If you ate a meal at the Boardwalk, and someone asks you if you ever have been to Disney World... do you answer yes or no?

What do you think?

No, you have not really experienced DisneyWorld by eating at one restaurant.

sbkline

What do you think?

How many of us would give a simple "yes" or "no" answer and then walk away, though? If someone asked me if I have ever been to WDW, I would answer "yes", then elaborate with my different trips. So, regarding eating a meal at the Boardwalk, if someone asked "have you ever been to WDW", I think the answer would be "well, I ate supper at the Boardwalk there, but I've never gone into the parks". I doubt very many people would simply give a "yes" or "no" answer to the question.

As for my personal opinion, though, I think claiming a meal at a resort as a visit to WDW is kind of "cheating". It's like pulling into the zoo, running in and buying a soda out of the machine and then driving away. Yes, technically, you went to the zoo, as you physically entered the property. But did you truly do the zoo? No you didn't. You just bought a soda and left. IMO, it's the same with having a meal at a resort. Yes, you entered WDW property, but having a meal at a resort, and then leaving, a true WDW visit it does not make. Again...in my opinion.

Gorjus

Yes, riding the monorail counts. Disney World encompasses the entire Central Florida property boundaries. If you are on the property you are in Disney World.

Are we counting Disney vacations or Disney visits?

You can visit and experience the magic of Disney without going on vacation there. Some of us are fortunate enough to live close enough to take a trip for a weekend, a day, or even a few hours. It still counts as a Disney visit.

DSNYKID

Original Poster
Yes, riding the monorail counts. Disney World encompasses the entire Central Florida property boundaries. If you are on the property you are in Disney World.

Are we counting Disney vacations or Disney visits?

You can visit and experience the magic of Disney without going on vacation there. Some of us are fortunate enough to live close enough to take a trip for a weekend, a day, or even a few hours. It still counts as a Disney visit.

Counting Disney World visits... Does eating at a resort count? How about a water park? Minature golf? Monorail? Something other than going to one of the 4 main parks. If you do one of the above, and you've only done one of the above, can you tell people that yes you have been to Disney World?

Gorjus

Yes!!!! Disney World is not the parks. The parks are part of the world, but not the whole world. Anytime you experience anything at Walt Disney World, you have been there.

I guess if all you are fortunate to do is go on a 10 day vacation every 3 years, perhaps staying for a few hours and not visiting a park would count for you. But if even a 2 hour visit to Downtown Disney or hotel hopping to get your fix makes you happy, then you have been to Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom