Does Eating At A Disney Resort Count?

Vernonpush

What if you go to Epcot, eat lunch in the Mexican Pavilion, watch the acrobats in China, the juggler in Italy, the drummers in Japan, and ate dinner in France. Would that be a visit? You entered the park, but didn't ride any of the rides. On the other hand, what if you went to the Boardwalk, had lunch at Spoodles, rented a surrey bike, watched the Boardwalk entertainment (juggler, rolling piano player) then had dinner at Yachtman's Steak House, and finished it off at Atlantic Dance Hall. Would that be a visit? Does a visit have to include rides? Is dining and entertainment on one side of the gate different than the other?

KaliSplash

Having skipped from the end of page one to the end, I'd have to say that you have to get out of your car having crossed a Disney entrance line and done something, even if it's just walk into World of Disney looking for something. Driving down U-S 192 does not count.

When visiting the inlaws, we occasionally drop by Downtown Disney. On the other hand, once when visiting the Ice Show at the Gaylord Palms (?), I made a wrong turn and ended up driving into Disney in trying to get back to Greenway and Beachline. I didn't count that as a trip to WDW!

DSNYKID

Original Poster
I'm still thinking that if you are on at a WDW resort, and if asked to give a yes or no answer.... YES you have been there.:sohappy:

DisneyMarg

If you are in a contest over who has been to Disney the most times, anything past the entrance sign definitely counts - even just driving through on 192. Heck, maybe even just seeing a Disney billboard while in Florida would count. Maybe even listening to a Disney CD while driving anywhere would count! :lol:

If someone has asked you to speak to the parents of the senior class about your Disney experience because they are planning a potential trip to Disney, um, no, probably not :lol:

NadieMasK2

As much as I would like to support your wife, since us wives need to stick together on these earth-shattering debates, I would have to say:

Yes, that was your first trip.

Now don't let it go to your head. She should get a trip with her girlfriends to even up the score. :p

JCorduroy

Ok... help me on this one. If someone goes to a Disney Resort, let's say Boardwalk, and eats at a restaurant while there, does this count as a trip to Walt Disney World? Take into consideration that the person does not go to any of the parks, just has a meal while at the Boardwalk. Can this person count this in their list of trips to Disney World?

Your opinion will help sway my either my wife or my own arguement on the matter. Your input and reasoning is appreciated!

Knowing that my brief glimpses of sanity (lately at least - work is juuuuuuuust a tad bit busy) are the times where I get to go on property, even if it is just to walk around DTD or eat dinner at a Resort, I have to give this a resounding YES INDEED it counts. :)

I love when I get to go down there, and treasure each visit as if it were a full day at the Magic Kingdom or EPCOT - even if it is just for ice cream or a pin. :sohappy:

head mouse

IMHO the answer is no, you've just gone out to dinner. Taking a trip to WDW includes going to at least one park not just a restaurant.

I agree. But on that note. what if you went to the park ONLY to shop at 1 or 2 shops. For example. My mom and dad went once (back when he worked there) to the MK to buy a few things from a store in Adventureland. No rides or attractions.

So does that count?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Why not? Dining is some people's favourite part of WDW.

Maybe so, but what guest really goes to WDW for an extended stay (more than a day rather) and not experience the parks. While WDW may be more than the sum of it's parts, the parks are the crux of WDW.

JikoMarie

Maybe so, but what guest really goes to WDW for an extended stay (more than a day rather) and not experience the parks. While WDW may be more than the sum of it's parts, the parks are the crux of WDW.

Again, I'd beg to differ. There are plenty of people who go to WDW without setting foot in the parks. There are plenty of other things to do. And why does it matter how someone chooses to spend their time at WDW? They are still at WDW.

unkadug

Again, I'd beg to differ. There are plenty of people who go to WDW without setting foot in the parks. There are plenty of other things to do. And why does it matter how someone chooses to spend their time at WDW? They are still at WDW.

It doesn't matter how you decide to spend your time, but you have not experienced WDW until you have done the parks. Sorry, that's just the way I feel .

jiddng

Wow - I thought I felt one particular way, but after reading all the replies, and going back and forth with each succeeding one, I finally came up with this thought -

Most of the restaurants in WDW, whether in the parks or the resorts, are unique. With the exception of Rainforest Cafe, eating there would be a unique WDW experience. Yes, I know some (like Raglan Road or Alfredo's) are not unique restaurants, but they are also not part of a national chain, so it would not be easy for you to experience outside of WDW.

With that logic, I'd say yes you have been to WDW.

JikoMarie

It doesn't matter how you decide to spend your time, but you have not experienced WDW until you have done the parks. Sorry, that's just the way I feel .

But maybe a person has already experienced the parks on previous trips and decided to do non-park things on this trip. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think that WDW is about much more than the parks and I think that people who stick to the parks are missing out.

unkadug

But maybe a person has already experienced the parks on previous trips and decided to do non-park things on this trip. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think that WDW is about much more than the parks and I think that people who stick to the parks are missing out.

OK, I see what's causing this disagreement.

You're assuming that the person HAS been to WDW before.
I'm assuming that the person HASN'T been to WDW before.

:wave:

kennyj29

I went with my mother once to shop at Downtown Disney, do I count that as a trip? No! I think you went to a nice dinner. If someone asks have you been to Disney, I would expect answers about the whole world not one restaurant. I would not consider it a trip to Disney, Sorry!

Vernonpush

If someone asks have you been to Disney, I would expect answers about the whole world not one restaurant.

And how many have done the "whole world"? Even after all my trips to WDW, I have not done the "whole world",:lol:. There are some things I'm not interested in (Richard Petty Driving Experience), some things I can not afford (spa treatments), some things I hope to do in the future (the Luau Dinner show at the Poly). Most people can not do the "whole world" in a trip to WDW, but have a very pleasant time experiencing what they can on their trip.

kennyj29

The Whole World

I'm sorry I didn't specify a little more. By the Whole World I don't mean every little aspect of Disney, if somebody could do every little thing that would be amazing. I meant being there, going to the parks, doing shopping, eating at different places. I don't mean every side trip, all the golf courses, the driving experience. I just meant the above.

PurpleDragon

I'd have to say that I think a trip to WDW has to include a visit to one of the parks to count. If I go shop at the Disney Store here in Atlanta, does that count? Don't think so.:hammer: :p

JikoMarie

OK, I see what's causing this disagreement.

You're assuming that the person HAS been to WDW before.
I'm assuming that the person HASN'T been to WDW before.

:wave:

No. I'm not assuming that they have been there before. That doesn't matter. I still think that experiencing any part of Disney World is experiencing Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom