Does Eating At A Disney Resort Count?

DSNYKID

Original Poster
Ok... help me on this one. If someone goes to a Disney Resort, let's say Boardwalk, and eats at a restaurant while there, does this count as a trip to Walt Disney World? Take into consideration that the person does not go to any of the parks, just has a meal while at the Boardwalk. Can this person count this in their list of trips to Disney World?

Your opinion will help sway my either my wife or my own arguement on the matter. Your input and reasoning is appreciated!

tigsmom

IMHO the answer is no, you've just gone out to dinner. Taking a trip to WDW includes going to at least one park not just a restaurant.

DSNYKID

Original Poster
IMHO the answer is no, you've just gone out to dinner. Taking a trip to WDW includes going to at least one park not just a restaurant.

Just because you have 25 thousand posts doesn't mean you know..LOL! I still like Steve's answer better! But my wife agrees with you. We are sitting here now watching the posts come in on the topic!

WDWKat26

Coming from a Cast Member, you made the effort to come to the Walt Disney Resort so it does count as a trip. Whether you visited a park or not, Disney property is Disney property.

Think of other places people have used the word, "Trip" with.

"Let's take a trip to the supermarket"

"How about a trip to the mall?"

How is, "Let's take a trip to WDW?" any different?

go3epcot

My wife and I have discussed taking a long weekend trip to WDW without going to a park. I would struggle not stopping by World Showcase and dining at Le Cellier, but a stay somewhere around the Boardwalk or around Seven Seas Lagoon would make for a great break from reality (yeah, that includes leaving the kids home)! So the answer is YES, it counts!!!!

jmani56

I think if you have been to WDW before, and you are returning real quick just to take in the resorts, then it counts. If you have never been to any of the parks and just took in a meal at Boardwalk, I would definitely say it does not count.

A buddy of mine once stopped at Downtown Disney with his family and now claims that he has been to Walt Disney World. In that case, no way.

SirNim

My tip: If at any point you're within 100 meters of a merchandise location selling sundry products which prominently feature the logotype "Walt Disney World," then you're there my friend, at the World, no doubt about it.

Let's say you take a boat ride up the Sassagoula, disembark to the sounds of Dixieland jazz, and have yourself a beignet. Then you get back on the boat, ride down the river, disembark, buy yourself a nice big Mickey plush, hop into your car, and drive off back home to Ketchikan. I'd say you had yourself a nice day at Disney World. Never entered a park...

jesserin

I say yes. Mainly b/c where's the line? Disney is huge - what makes 1 park a trip and not all 4? ;) If I was to say you need to visit a park to truly be a trip - I'd really have to say you need to visit all 4.. but then what about the water parks? :lol: Oh what fun! This could go on for days! :lol: What if you stayed for 10 days and visited every single onsite restaurant - but didn't visit a park! *gasp* It be a tragedy - but definately a trip still. :D

So my answer is yes. I would go all the way to Disney property just for Ohana or Spoodles... and you can bet I'd be counting that as going to Disney world! :D

Craig & Lisa

Let's turn back the wayback machine. When WDW opened in 71, all there was was MK, and maybe Poly and Contemporary, maybe GF. But no DTD, or for that fact nothing else. I for one believe that if your going to spend that much money just to eat, I'll at least take in a park or 2. :D Otherwise that is one expensive meal. And it better be ^%#^!! good!!:slurp:

wickedfan07

As long as Disney got some of your money, you might as well say you took a trip to Disney World...

However...then you could argue the difference between a trip and a vacation. Dinner at the Boardwalk is not a vacation, and therefore doesn't really count. :)

SirNim

However...then you could argue the difference between a trip and a vacation. Dinner at the Boardwalk is not a vacation, and therefore doesn't really count. :)
Shall we define three official categories?

1) Vacation/Holiday
Parts of at least two consecutive calendar days on WDW property, with at least one entry into one of the four major theme parks.

2) Grand Excursion
Part of merely one calendar day on WDW property, with at least one entry into one of the four major theme parks.

3) Excursion
Part of merely one calendar day on WDW property, with no entries into the four major theme parks.

;)

ThinkTink721

Ok... help me on this one. If someone goes to a Disney Resort, let's say Boardwalk, and eats at a restaurant while there, does this count as a trip to Walt Disney World? Take into consideration that the person does not go to any of the parks, just has a meal while at the Boardwalk. Can this person count this in their list of trips to Disney World?

Your opinion will help sway my either my wife or my own arguement on the matter. Your input and reasoning is appreciated!
It it is a trip...it counts!:p
Just like a trip to the mall...you've been there...right?:D

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Shall we define three official categories?

1) Vacation/Holiday
Parts of at least two consecutive calendar days on WDW property, with at least one entry into one of the four major theme parks.

2) Grand Excursion
Part of merely one calendar day on WDW property, with at least one entry into one of the four major theme parks.

3) Excursion
Part of merely one calendar day on WDW property, with no entries into the four major theme parks.

;)

I like that. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom