Does Disney make you feel like less of a man?

Is being an unabashed fan of all things Disney less masculine?

• No way, I go all out for Disney and don't care who knows!

Votes: 128 64.3%
  • Yes, I restrain myself a bit but am not happy about it.

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • For the ladies: I think guys really need to throttle back on the Disney.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • For the ladies: I love aguy who doesn't care and lets his love of Disney show through.

Votes: 48 24.1%

• Total voters

Spyne

In no way do I feel less of a man for liking Disney. Nor am I ashamed of it, I'm very proud of being a Disney/WDW fan. :D (Hopefully when and if I ever have a girlfriend, she'll either be a fan too or accept it. :lol:)

echoreyn

Guys who like Disney are sexy! I wish I could find one!
Most girls dream of finding a Prince Charming (Eric, Beast, etc :kiss:), and only a guy who truly knows his Disney can be that guy.

I dated a guy once who dissed me for my love of costumes and "kid stuff." :mad: Recently, (we're still friends) he told me that he doesn't even like WDW and thinks that it's "stupid". Needless to say, I was so happy that I ended the relationship when I did!

Guys, it's time to man up and admit you know the words to "A Whole New World." Really, who can resist that?

kimmychad

OK this is for the guys mainly but does your love of Disney ever make you feel non-masculine? For example right now I am listening to my Disney mix CDs I made (I have 5 CDs so far of Disney tunes and area songs and movie tunes etc.) Anyways I am merrily listening to Winnie the Pooh at this minute and quite enjoying myself. But what if you walked into a male co-worker's office and heard this?

Also for the ladies do you think guys should reel it in a bit and not express their love of Disney as avidly? I have a feeling that alot of people see Disney as for children or for gals as that seems to be where all the marketing goes towards.

by the way this is my 100th post....When I first got on here I couldn't fathom even hitting 50 posts and I wondered how do you guys do it. Now I know.

And so you know Winnie the Pooh is in fact a rumbly tumbly all stuffed with fluff and I don't care who knows!

nah, everyone that knows me is aware of how much i love disney and that my second job is so that i can go as much as i do

I-4Warrior

I'm ultra confident, so I don't care what anyone thinks of me anyway for the most part. My wife rolls her eyes and laughs when she hears ride audio from Horizons playing from my computer as I work, but she's a Disney nut, too so it's all in good fun. Other friends of mine probably looked at me in an odd way when they learned what a colossal WDW nerd I am, but eventually they learned why and have become passholders, too. Let your Disney-geek flag fly, and if anyone has a problem with it, it's really their problem, not yours.

b-rian91

not so much "embarressed" but alot of my friends have no idea what its like, they think its another theme park and dont know the true meaning..theres only family and 3 people that know how much i like disney, i dont tell many people because 1.its hard to explain and its just easier to keep to myself..not awhole lot of people go around down to WDW around here,my best friend has gone so he knows somewhat about what its like, but when he went it was with school band and that has to rush through and when he went his family it was offsite.

Thiger

Anyone who challenges my masculinity for loving Disney I challenge them right back by saying: try riding EE 5 times in a row (2 times in the front seat) like I have. Try riding mission space. Try riding TOT 3 times in a row and Try riding RNRC 7 times in a row.

My one friend who talked the most trash wont even attempt EE! lol.

eroyee

I totally understand where you're coming from. I wear a Mickey shirt almost every day. I have Mickey ties I wear to work. My mp3 is filled with Disney music. My 8yr old daughter makes fun of me. I always have Disney music playing in the house. Though my wife and kid's don't know I post on these kind of sites. You either get it or you don't. Do I feel a little less masculine, I don't know. But I am having fun and I'm not hurting anybody!
Good for you:sohappy:

WDWFanatic

As a commercial real estate agent I deal with multimilliondollar businessmen on a daily basis and they are envious of me for getting to spend so much time in disneyworld. They love to come in my office and look at my framed disney blueprints and park models. Less of a man? heck no! I wear my disney polos to work all the time and my imagineering jacket.

sublimesting

Original Poster
I think this poll implies that there is an actual definition of what it means to be "masculine." As we all know, "masculinity" amounts to little more than out-dated stereotypes and sociologically imposed gender expectations.

That being said, if I were castrated by a person in a Mickey Mouse costume, I imagine that I would feel much less "masculine."

It doesn't imply there is a definition of masculine as it is asking for your personal feeling.

Edeyore

What a bunch of whiney, panty wearing, Winnie the Pooh singing, namby pamby, wishy washy GIRLS!!!!

Every once in a while it is fun to stir the pot. :lol:

Pirate665

I loves me the Disney, and ain't no denying me!!

I fall into that category of being a mini-guru for Disney to my friends. They really hate it when I get on a roll about the magic. I once had a girl who swore I was not a real dude, because I liked Disney so much, but for me, it's a time to share and relive a part of my life I didn't get to have.

I'll spread the pixie dust and wish upon a star, for I am a dude who love loves Disney by far!

>Steve

P.S.: Did I mention I'm single at the current time... ? :ROFLOL::shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom