Does Disney make you feel like less of a man?

Is being an unabashed fan of all things Disney less masculine?

• No way, I go all out for Disney and don't care who knows!

Votes: 128 64.3%
  • Yes, I restrain myself a bit but am not happy about it.

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • For the ladies: I think guys really need to throttle back on the Disney.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • For the ladies: I love aguy who doesn't care and lets his love of Disney show through.

Votes: 48 24.1%

• Total voters

sublimesting

Original Poster
OK this is for the guys mainly but does your love of Disney ever make you feel non-masculine? For example right now I am listening to my Disney mix CDs I made (I have 5 CDs so far of Disney tunes and area songs and movie tunes etc.) Anyways I am merrily listening to Winnie the Pooh at this minute and quite enjoying myself. But what if you walked into a male co-worker's office and heard this?

Also for the ladies do you think guys should reel it in a bit and not express their love of Disney as avidly? I have a feeling that alot of people see Disney as for children or for gals as that seems to be where all the marketing goes towards.

by the way this is my 100th post....When I first got on here I couldn't fathom even hitting 50 posts and I wondered how do you guys do it. Now I know.

And so you know Winnie the Pooh is in fact a rumbly tumbly all stuffed with fluff and I don't care who knows!

will341

IMO it doesn't make me feel like less of a man because it's your life you should live it like you want. If you are are scared of being ridiculed because of the music you are listening to then just turn the volume lower ! :ROFLOL:

bhg469

OK this is for the guys mainly but does your love of Disney ever make you feel non-masculine? For example right now I am listening to my Disney mix CDs I made (I have 5 CDs so far of Disney tunes and area songs and movie tunes etc.) Anyways I am merrily listening to Winnie the Pooh at this minute and quite enjoying myself. But what if you walked into a male co-worker's office and heard this?

Also for the ladies do you think guys should reel it in a bit and not express their love of Disney as avidly? I have a feeling that alot of people see Disney as for children or for gals as that seems to be where all the marketing goes towards.

by the way this is my 100th post....When I first got on here I couldn't fathom even hitting 50 posts and I wondered how do you guys do it. Now I know.

And so you know Winnie the Pooh is in fact a rumbly tumbly all stuffed with fluff and I don't care who knows!

It is true i don't like to mention my love for the parks in certian company. Alot of my friends pretty much open up when i mention that we like going to wdw. They usually act like they were glad i said it first. As far as music, i never really got into most disney movies but the theme park music is often in my zune or on my comptuer at work.

KeeKee

Nah...I don't think it makes a man seem like less for liking Disney. As a matter of fact, when you see men there with their families enjoying themselves and interacting with their children, it raises their stature in my eyes. Much more than, say, some dumb oaf that sits on the couch staring at sports on TV while tuning out his wife and kids so he can indulge his own desires to the exclusion of the rest of the family. No, I have to say that a man that likes Disney is a good man!

cmothemoose

Yes my love of Disney makes me feel less masculine. But it's worth it. My friends think I'm foolish, childish, and slightly feminine. My coworkers think it's funny.... in a sad sort of way. But I feel like I'm the only one in the know and that's fine with me. More magic to share with my wife and kids!

OmegaKnight

My parents may think I am weird but as I say, everyone is a little quirky. My girlfriend loves the fact that I am so into Disney so it evens out in the end.

David

No way do I feel less of a man because I love Disney, just as I don't feel more of a man because I love football. All of my friends know that I love discussing Disney and going to Disney as often as I can.

Just the other night I was responding in a long e-mail to another guy who had questions about the parks. My wife said, jokingly of course, that I should charge for giving out advice. But having a hobby like Disney is fun and I enjoy sharing it with others.

In my office I have Mouse ears, figurines, and pictures from WDW. I wear a Mickey Mouse watch, have a Mickey phone holder, use a WDW mouse pad for my computer that has a WDW wallpaper and more times than not is playing music from the parks.

Nope, not less of a man at all.

Scooter

My male buddies may have thought of me as being less masculine than them at first because of my Love for all things Disney.

Now, they no longer think that way and actually use me as a refererance guide when they, or someone they know is planning a Disney World vacation.

In the last few years I've gone from poofter to prodigy!:ROFLOL:
(no offense intended to anyone)

My wife, myself, and all my kids have become somewhat of Disney Experts after 20+ trips in 15 years. If any of our friends or neighbors have questions regarding Disney vacations they always call us. I should charge for all this knowledge. After all, it did costs us Mega $$$ to get it all.:p

pacochran

I don't think so. Most of my co-workers and friends know I love Disney and haven't teased me about it. And for those I'm not that close to I could care less what they think.

To me Disney makes you feel (or takes you back to when) you are a kid and makes you feel like you don't have a care in the world. That's what I like about it. It's more like a Kid versus Feminine in mop.

eroyee

I feel sorry for anyone that thinks they are less masculine for loving disney. I think its a wonderful thing. Be proud. Let out the kid in you!!! the rest arent having as much fun.........

Adventure

If anything, listening to Disney music makes me feel more human. I know when I have one of my cd's in when I'm driving I'm much less likely to get upset if someone cuts me off, and I seem to be the one to wave people ahead at a stop or let people cut in when there's traffic. I think it's healthy and if it makes you feel better then who cares.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom