Does anyone NOT like Flight of Passage?

LUVofDIS

I can't be the only one, either, seeing as how that gift shop is the only one I've seen that sells liter bottles of ginger ale.

You are definitely not the only one, my sister-in-law rode once and was unable to ride anything else for a while. My wife rode, I think, three times in a row (After Hours Party), and she needed to stop. I stopped because I couldn't deal with the pre-show. I understand it is need to move the ride along quicker, that is to stage to make sure guests are in the right spot when the previous ride finishes, but I can still only put up with so much.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I understand that it's an awesome ride and all that but I have a very bad problem with motion sickness so I have to ride it very sparingly. Also I have just a general bias against motion sims anyway because they just come across as somewhat lazy design for me personally. I just personally prefer actual movement because it feels like more of a journey and adventure that way for me. I will say though that I believe Disney nailed every single thing they were going for on this ride though and it should be given high marks for that alone. Another thing I don't like about this ride and the same goes for Test Track is all the buildup in the line with "syncing" your Avatar and things like that. At some point I'm just like "enough". I really think all that stuff accounts for a lot of the crazy wait times and think it would be neat to have an option to forego all of that and just go straight to the ride and maybe that would speed up the process a little. Regardless though I'm still glad there's a ride that so many people are able to enjoy and love though.

Minnesota disney fan

I have never ridden FOP because I don't like those kind of rides, and I'm a chicken:)
However, my husband rode it once and said it was amazing, BUT it was a one and done for him. The straps (?) bothered his legs and were uncomfortable. So, another one and done.

Tom Morrow

I understand that it's an awesome ride and all that but I have a very bad problem with motion sickness so I have to ride it very sparingly. Also I have just a general bias against motion sims anyway because they just come across as somewhat lazy design for me personally. I just personally prefer actual movement because it feels like more of a journey and adventure that way for me. I will say though that I believe Disney nailed every single thing they were going for on this ride though and it should be given high marks for that alone. Another thing I don't like about this ride and the same goes for Test Track is all the buildup in the line with "syncing" your Avatar and things like that. At some point I'm just like "enough". I really think all that stuff accounts for a lot of the crazy wait times and think it would be neat to have an option to forego all of that and just go straight to the ride and maybe that would speed up the process a little. Regardless though I'm still glad there's a ride that so many people are able to enjoy and love though.
Again, the pre-shows do not slow down the process or make you wait longer. Unless there are no people waiting between the ride seats and after the preshow, then the preshow is only giving you something else to do while you wait.

I remember 9 or 10 years ago when Tower of Terror was frequently walk-on at the end of the night, that was a case where the pre-show was just wasting your time if you had already seen it many times. But that rarely happens anymore and situations like that are rare.

JIMINYCR

Because, like smoking, being overweight is grossly unhealthy and Disney wants to do everything they can to discourage that behavior.
But there are many people who are also just large in size, not because they are overweight, obese or from not caring for themselves. Disneys ride vehicles just arent able to hold those guests and they should be accommodated. Just building in a couple of + sized spots wouldnt hurt.

LUVofDIS

I really think all that stuff accounts for a lot of the crazy wait times and think it would be neat to have an option to forego all of that and just go straight to the ride and maybe that would speed up the process a little. Regardless though I'm still glad there's a ride that so many people are able to enjoy and love though.

The full pre-show is there to get a group ready when the ride before it is finished. If we didn't have the pre-show than guests would be placed in a room with nothing but four walls. The pre-show does get old quickly, I wish they could cycle a dozen or so different pre-shows to at least make it less monotonous.

Of course when it comes to sim rides I cant understand why that cant be multiple versions of the actual ride, kind of like is done with Star Tours.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Again, the pre-shows do not slow down the process or make you wait longer. Unless there are no people waiting between the ride seats and after the preshow, then the preshow is only giving you something else to do while you wait.

I remember 9 or 10 years ago when Tower of Terror was frequently walk-on at the end of the night, that was a case where the pre-show was just wasting your time if you had already seen it many times. But that rarely happens anymore and situations like that are rare.
Yeah I agree that it's just Disney's way of making an art form out of waiting. It's the same as the Winnie the Pooh playground or the Dumbo playground or the Mine Train interactive stuff. Socially, we are just WAY more impatient than we used to be and are basically conditioned to be impatient now. People can't even sit through a red light without looking at their phones now. One funny thing about rides at the end of the night though. I'm a HUGE Haunted Mansion fan and have passed that love on to my little boy and he has the whole entrance speech memorized and last month when we were there we were the last people to ride it and the Cast Members knew that he knew all the words to it and they let him tell everyone to "drag their bodies to the dead center of the room" and he recited the whole speech for everyone word for word and he's only 8 but they thought it was hilarious. LOL!

Paper straw fan

The pre-show is stupid, you sometimes get the CM that slams the seatback on you very hard (it’s been slammed so hard on me I audibly let out a “WT eff” in response) and the ride is good for a sim, but it’s still a sim. Really no better than Soarin’, just less comfortable. It’s a decent ride but I’d never wait if I didn’t have a FP. I don’t quite get the fervor where people will routinely wait 3+ hours for it.

Dreaming of Disney World

I like it, but I don't think it's this amazing experience that everyone says it is. Screen rides aren't that exciting to me. I prefer physical rides, such as Splash Mountain, TOT, and the roller coasters.

krueg66

I wish I could have an opinion...I'm too tall to fit on the ride. But I got three free FP's for my trouble so that was nice of the CM.

HouCuseChickie

Our kids enjoyed it, but my husband and I are a bit mixed. For him, the glasses don't fit him well, so he doesn't get a seamless view. So, it misses the mark on wow factor when not everything is covered in the glasses. For me, I can't see the majority of the effects in 3D films, so it doesn't really have any real wow for me either. I've been on it once and see no reason to ride again unless everyone else in my group wants to do it.

DisAl

Just curious, what is the max height for FOP?
I don't know about height, but the most critical dimension as to whether you will fit is the distance from your knee to your hip. Even with her knee jammed to the front of the vehicle one of our group was "put out" because they could not lock the back restraint in place.

KevinPage

My kids love it. My large posterior is 0-2 in trying to fit on it. Will try again after the Silver blackouts are lifted 😎

ddbowdoin

I actually enjoyed it... went last summer when I was at my largest (262 lbs) and spent about 30 mins in line having a minor panic attack that I’d be asked off the ride. I barely fit...

I’ve since lost 87 lbs and can’t wait to go back and experience the ride without having to worry about that issue.

correcaminos

It's okay to me. The 3d portion is a bit blurry (as they often are) so it's not as realistic as I'd like. The riding position is not comfortable for me with lower back issues. I'm 5' tall so lots of room to move but I've had a CM try to push it too tight which I don't like. The story gets old quickly too. My son likes it a lot though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom