Does anyone NOT like Flight of Passage?

Joeamc

Yes, but if you were not waiting there you would be waiting somewhere else. It is just something else to make the line seem like something other than a line, and to have the correct number of people in each group to fill every slot. It would actually help speed the overall process because they can move each new group in quickly, wasting as little time as possible between rides.
I would rather just stand in line rather than listen to that guy

Dave B

I like it, but my complaint is re-rideability due to it being a screen ride.

I’ve probably ridden it 25 times or so and it’s nowhere near as satisfying or intense as the first few times. It’s like your brain gets used to it.

I prefer physical experiences and practical effects like in the Haunted Mansion or Splash Mountain.
I do not agree with that

JIMINYCR

DS and I did it several times, all with FP+ and found it enjoyable. We all knew that the lines for this ( and as they are for anything new and hyped by Disney) was going to be insanely long for a long time. So it should have been expected when you went. EVERYONE was predicting the lines for FoP would be on par with HP in Uni. FP+ is definitely the way to go for all the popular attractions. I never wait in a line for extended times no matter how badly I might want to do it. Its just not worth the aggravation. As far as your size complaint... I cannot understand why Disney cant/doesnt configure at least a couple of ride cars/seats that are fitted for the larger sized guests that can be put into a row.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm glad! I mean, what the best effect at Disney? Probably the ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion. So practical, so simple, but still so mysterious and has guests CONSTANTLY getting "how they did it" wrong.

EXACTLY! The ballroom scene has been one of my favorite memories of Disney since I was little. I find it so interesting how they achieve the dancing and the thunder and lightning is so simple and yet so realistic.
Another one of my favorite effects in HM is the hallway.
I rather be in the physical surroundings vs virtual reality.

Kingoglow

I cannot understand why Disney cant/doesnt configure at least a couple of ride cars/seats that are fitted for the larger sized guests that can be put into a row.

Because, like smoking, being overweight is grossly unhealthy and Disney wants to do everything they can to discourage that behavior.

Dave B

It is, but for me, it's never going to be the Haunted Mansion or Splash Mountain. It's a good computer simulation.
I would ride FoP as much as they would allow, I would skip the others you mentioned for a chance at FoP and I love those rides you mentioned, to me, not even the same game, its apples and oranges to me. In fact when we do our Fast passes for our trip, we get FoP for every single day and then adjust to the other parks as needed

Surfin' Tuna

I love going to take people for their first time, but I find myself only looking at them and enjoying their faces. Like all screen rides, it grows old really fast. I don't hate it, but they can do much better. I would also rather stand in line a little longer versus the worst pre-show on property.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
EDIT: To be clear - the queue, and land in general, is unmatched. Easily some of the best work I've ever seen from Disney. The ride itself, definitely not so much.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

You'll always be able to find at least someone who won't like something...
View attachment 382948
*Raises hand* I'm that guy (or girl)

BUT...it makes me incredibly motion sick. I can't even enjoy the ride while I'm on it because I'm dizzy the entire time.

I can't be the only one, either, seeing as how that gift shop is the only one I've seen that sells liter bottles of ginger ale.

Mickey5150

I always wonder how long waits affect the love for rides. I never fastpass Pirates or Haunted Mansion yet I ride them multiple times each trip. FOP is a definite FP and maybe I get lucky and get on it a 2nd time during EMM. If FOP was a 30 minutes or less wait and HM and Pirates were consistently 2 hours would we have different feelings towards the rides?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I like it, but my complaint is re-rideability due to it being a screen ride.

I’ve probably ridden it 25 times or so and it’s nowhere near as satisfying or intense as the first few times. It’s like your brain gets used to it.

I prefer physical experiences and practical effects like in the Haunted Mansion or Splash Mountain.

I've been on it nearly that many times and I still find it almost as enjoyable as the first time. You're right that it isn't quite as intense, but it's just as satisfying regardless. When I ride now though, I focus less on what's right in front of me and spend more time enjoying the details put into the ride. I could ride it 100 times and still find something I hadn't noticed before.

JusticeDisney

I HATE the pre show. The stand there and get 'scanned' over and over and over. Always just a time waster and feels big-brother ish.
I agree that the preshow is pretty dumb, but it doesn’t actually waste any time. It’s either that preshow, or just stand in the regular line even longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom