Does anyone like stitches great escape?

darthjohnny

I could never hate it because I adore Stitch more than any girl ever could imagine to, I just LOVE him. (Over 70 Stitch things...yeah.) So it was really special, seeing him up there so lifelike and cute..I loved his little purr. So I admit to being biased because I love that blue alien, but how many kids around the world are as well? Loads! So it's not a failure, not by a long shot..just different strokes for different folks.

True that!!! :D

DonaldDoleWhip

SGE isn't as bad as people say.

Alien Encounter as original, creative, and well, scary. Perhaps the scariest thing to ever hit the Magic Kingdom Park. But I think too many people were complaining about it (I know that when I was 8, I couldn't stand it).

I miss AE now, but Stitch is still semi-tolerable. At least it's better than an empty building that will decay until they come up with a replacement.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
SGE isn't as bad as people say.

Alien Encounter as original, creative, and well, scary. Perhaps the scariest thing to ever hit the Magic Kingdom Park. But I think too many people were complaining about it (I know that when I was 8, I couldn't stand it).

I miss AE now, but Stitch is still semi-tolerable. At least it's better than an empty building that will decay until they come up with a replacement.

Now if they hadn't of taken AE out to begin with, the building would not be empty and decaying.

I still think pulling AE was a knee-jerk reaction to the vocal minority.

Too many ignorant parents that refused to read the warning signs.

Not every attraction at WDW has to cater to the pre-school demographics.

slappy magoo

I couldn't stand it, and unless/until I go to WDW that absolutely HAS to experience it, I have no intention to ever go on it again. And when I left, I was also amazed/impressed with how disturbed and disappointed other people who experienced it at the same time I did seemed with it. It was nice to know I wasn't the only one.

rbrower

One of my favorite parts is when they show him in the Magic Kingdom of the video screen and he says something like "Oh, Cinderella, it's your Prince Charming!"

EpcotServo

I've always liked it. Anyone who says it's a bad ride or the worst ride ever, must've NEVER went on Journey Into Your Imagination or walked through the Goosebumps horror maze.

stankly182

I love it. I love Stitch, and I think its a fun experience. Alien Encounter scared me to death when I was a kid, so I am kind of glad it's SGE now. :lol:

dxwwf3

I still think pulling AE was a knee-jerk reaction to the vocal minority.

Too many ignorant parents that refused to read the warning signs.

Not every attraction at WDW has to cater to the pre-school demographics.

You don't have to agree with the first statement (Even though I do completely), but there is no denying the last two lines :sohappy:

dxwwf3

I've always liked it. Anyone who says it's a bad ride or the worst ride ever, must've NEVER went on Journey Into Your Imagination or walked through the Goosebumps horror maze.

I think that Journey Into Your Imagination was better than people give it credit for. Certainly better than SGE, IMO.

jeffcot

Changing the attraction after eight years doesn't exactly represent a "knee-jerk reaction." Alien Encounter was the first Disney attraction I was truly disappointed in. Sitting in darkness for most of the attraction made things pretty lackluster. And the AA was pretty uninspired. Interestingly though, I grew to like it more over time.

I like SGE. My two kids love it.

I just wish they didn't feel so compelled to keep reworking the original Flight to the Moon modules. I wish sometime in the future they would gut the entire interior and put something different and original in there.

dxwwf3

Sitting in darkness for most of the attraction made things pretty lackluster. And the AA was pretty uninspired.

1. Ah, but the simplicity of the attraction is what so many loved about it. It was a sensory overload that let you use your imagination for the visuals. Taking the darkness away (which they did with SGE) takes away from the effectiveness of the effects completely.

2. The AA served its purpose, IMO. Decent enough to keep the scariness for some and yet corny enough to please those that saw the attraction as a dark comedy/spoof (which I did). I think someone criticising the Alien AA's in the attraction has a valid point, but it wasn't really what the attraction was about. S.I.R. and Skippy more than made up for any shortcomings there, IMO. You only saw the only for brief glimpses of time so why spend a lot of time and money on it? It just wouldn't make financial sense.

jeffcot

I agree about SIR and Skippy--I think that and the XS mythology is what made me really grow to like it over time. I really liked it when they added the attraction at DisneyQuest as well.

dxwwf3

I think that and the XS mythology is what made me really grow to like it over time.

Same here, same here :)

And if someone was a fan of L&S the film (which I was certainly not) or its sequals/TV shows (which I have no desire to see), then I can see why they would be fans of SGE.

DDuckFan130

Same here, same here :)

And if someone was a fan of L&S the film (which I was certainly not) or its sequals/TV shows (which I have no desire to see), then I can see why they would be fans of SGE.
:wave:

*re-watching Lilo and Stitch 2 as well as Leroy and Stitch as we speak*

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom