Does anyone like stitches great escape?

Since1976

AE was fun because it was scary. Take away the scary part, and you're left with annoying and uncomfortable.

I personally loved AE, but I concede that it was out of place in the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland. I've often heard rumors that a more teen- and adult-oriented Villains Land section of the park was once considered -- a scary attraction like AE would have been right at home there.

It makes me sad to think about how many kids went on AE as their first Disney attraction *ever* (as many guidebooks recommended seeing it first thing in the morning) and were traumatized from the start!

Chux

The first time I went to WDW (I think 2003) I saw AE, and said that looks awesome, lets go. My GF wanted nothing to do with it since she said it was too scary, which brought me to the "Hell yeah, lets go!" point.

As we went in she was just kinda like, cmon lets not do it, then a cm told me that it was going down in Oct for a new attraction. She said fine, since it'd be the only time I got to see it. I LOVED it, but only had once chance with it. SGE is just AE lite with jokes instead of scares, and that's the problem.

If you go for scares, of course you'll be disappointed. If you've got some kids, and they like stitch, they'll be pleased(At least, right?).

So yeah, I miss AE, but I don't try to think of SGE as something it's not.

350ceo

I leave for WDW in 20 days. The odd thing about this website is that it has turned SGE into a must see attraction from all the posts about the quality of the ride. It's one of the things Im most looking forward to doing, just so I'll have an experienced based opionion on the ride. ODD VERY ODD

daverube

We last went to the MK in August 2005. Based on all the talk about SGE, I figured it wasn't going to be very good, but I'm a "make up my own opinion" person, so I didn't skip it.

Frankly, SGE wasn't too bad....I'm not a Stitch fan what-so-ever, but the attraction wasn't terrible. AE was better, IMHO, but SGE is worth seeing at least once.....

dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom