Does anyone like stitches great escape?

jeffcot

Kids loves Stitch. And it's nice to see a Disney character that the younger generation so strongly identifies with. The whole Spongebob thing is beginning to wear me out . . .

I know a lot of Disney fans really resent the whole Stitch thing, but both my kids and countless others can't get enough of him.

Ringo8n24

Without kids on the trip, it is a "been there, not waiting in line again" thing which is not the norm for me when it comes to Disney attractions. If the little one goes, we will let her experience it again. I am just disappointed in the whole thing because I think it could be better. I was not that impressed with AE, but it was funny being next to a male adult who let out a scream from fright when the lights went down. That was funny.

Ciciwoowoo

My son loves it! He's 9 and a huge Stitch-y fan!

I like it... except the chili dog part. Yuck!

I did not like AE. It was too scary for me as I am a very sensitive person. :) I didn't want to big ole alien to mistake me for his lunch!

rbrower

Yeah, the worst part is the chili dog part. But I just cover my nose for a while and then I do it again when he is about to do it a second time.

bandtrumpet

i really like it, the effects are great! Of corse i never got to experience alien incounter so i have nothing to base it off of... o well!

Lee

Adventurer
First let me state that I have nothing but respect for the talented guys who designed and implemented SGE.

Having said that.....I REALLY dislike the attraction. I find the story weak, the humor....humorless, and the ride in general to be a tremendous step down from Alien Encounter.

I LOVED AE. To me it was the perfect attraction for the new Tomorrowland, innovative, original, and yes....able to scare a large portion of the audience. In comparison SGE is just...well....sad. :(

blackerbys17

Well, as for me, I REALLY DISLIKED the old version and REALLY hate the new one. I think they both suck. The seats pinning you down like that for the duration of the show is a horrible idea. As for scaring me? Neither version ever scared me. I found them both to be very weak. It is honestly the only "ride" at Disney that I can honestly say I hate. Sorry Imagineers, what were you thinking?:veryconfu

I LOVE the whole show. The preshow is wonderful and the show inside the chamber is so much fun. I love the Stitch animatronic and the cannons are some of the coolest animatronics i've ever seen. My only complaint is they need to fix some of the lighting effects. I've only seen the Cannon Lasers working once and theres some lights around the Chamber i've only seen working once. My absolute favorite part is at the end where Stitch rewires the transporter and Captain Gantu says "Thats impossible" and Stitch turns around to the monitor, waves his hand and says "NOT IMPOSSIBLE, FOR STITCH!!!!" :lol:

God I miss Disney World

the-reason14

Not so much on the attraction, but as far as seeing and hearing other peoples reactions, thats what makes the show to me. I only do it at night, when there's no one in line, I mean literally no one, and you just walk up to the silver doors.

ilovepluto23

Honestly, I hated Alien Encounter b/c I went on it when I was 10 years old and it scared the living crap out of me.

I think Stitch's Great Escape is cute. I don't have a problem with it.

Epcot82Guy

First let me state that I have nothing but respect for the talented guys who designed and implemented SGE.

Having said that.....I REALLY dislike the attraction. I find the story weak, the humor....humorless, and the ride in general to be a tremendous step down from Alien Encounter.

I LOVED AE. To me it was the perfect attraction for the new Tomorrowland, innovative, original, and yes....able to scare a large portion of the audience. In comparison SGE is just...well....sad. :(

I agree with this. The design of SGE is great. The AAs are great. I really think it fails in story and characterization, though. That is what makes it so disappointing - what it could be. There are obvious flaws in the story, it is far too cheesy to be funny, and it really is too baseline/"trite" to be memorable for adults. Plus, it still has the dark element, so the audience iwll be (somewhat) older. It could easily be rethought, but that is doubtful.

And, just for the record, Stitch is one of my favorite Disney characters. He is simply being misused.

Tornado

It's alright. The Stitch AA is pretty cool, and the Gun Arms are pretty awesome. That said, Alien Encounter was infinitly cooler.

C&D

Went on Stitch once and that will be it for me. I didn't like Alien Encounter either; again went once and that was it. No disrespect to all that like the attraction, it just didn't ring my bell. JMO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom