Does anyone know when the Brazilian Tour groups usually show up?

21stamps

During our winter months it's the groups from Argentina and they are better behaved than the Brazilian groups who are there in peak of summer.

Well, Argentina does have much better soccer players.. it’s only natural that they’re the superior of the 2 in comparison... ;)

JIMINYCR

I've unfortunately been on vacation at WDW several times when the Brazilians were in town. My way of dealing with them now .... If I see them in mass, with their identifying tour leader flags approaching.... I head in the opposite direction. If I'm in line and they try cutting in front of me to get ahead...I refuse to let them pass, I alert the CM and complain very vocally. The parks are large enough that I can avoid being around them and have to endure their chants and unruly behavior.

Cmdr_Crimson

I've unfortunately been on vacation at WDW several times when the Brazilians were in town. My way of dealing with them now .... If I see them in mass, with their identifying tour leader flags approaching.... I head in the opposite direction. If I'm in line and they try cutting in front of me to get ahead...I refuse to let them pass, I alert the CM and complain very vocally. The parks are large enough that I can avoid being around them and have to endure their chants and unruly behavior.
Well played...

The Empress Lilly

April might be the trip for us. Sounds like summer and maybe January to March is a peak time. I've never experienced it, but from all I heard on here it sounds bad enough to inquire about it and plan around it. All I have to ask for the people who have been bothered by it is why is it Brazilian tour groups that come? I mean, surely there are other groups of people from other countries that experience Disney in large numbers, no? I always see plenty of Asians in WDW, although never had them do soccer chants while in line.

Why is this done anyway? Because if that was happening all day in a line for me that would really ruin the experience.
It's not just Brazilians. I had the displeasure of having to improvise my day at DHS in early december around avoiding the multiple Argentinean tour groups.

In their defense, they were remarkably quiet. Chanting only ever seemed to break out spontaneously rather than instigated by the leader. Maybe Disney had had a chat.

It also helped that it was so cold they all wore several layers of clothing, lessening the uniformed identity thus lessening the mob mentality. The main negative experience was when I was about to enter ST with my FP they had all showed up at once. Not wanting to risk getting stuck in a starspeeder with 40 screaming South Americans, I left. (I ended up in a ToT elevator with 10 screaming Americans instead...)

NelleBelle

It's not the chanting of these tour groups that I can't stand (although, that's bad enough), it's the line cutting! The one and only time where we were plagued with South American tour groups (there were more than one country present...we just referred to them as the "flags" because these huge groups would be everywhere with someone leading them with a flag) was when we went in the middle of July--never again will we do July (for a variety of reasons. They would send one person to hold the spot in line and then they would all try and cut in line (and I'm talking like 50 people)!! Thankfully my dad, who's a very tall 6'3, and brother, who's 6'5, just totally blocked the entire line and refused to move, despite them saying their "group" was waiting for them. He told them they should've stayed with the group or their group could come back but they were not going in front of us. I'm praying we won't encounter huge tour groups in early June.

Cmdr_Crimson

The one group I see the most...Is this group which is Fifteen...That group is all for girls celebrating their quinceañera..And believe me it's a lot of them...Once one group leaves...There is a day or two of silence before the next group rolls in..
1516491308124.png

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
It's not just Brazilians. I had the displeasure of having to improvise my day at DHS in early december around avoiding the multiple Argentinean tour groups.

In their defense, they were remarkably quiet. Chanting only ever seemed to break out spontaneously rather than instigated by the leader. Maybe Disney had had a chat.

It also helped that it was so cold they all wore several layers of clothing, lessening the uniformed identity thus lessening the mob mentality. The main negative experience was when I was about to enter ST with my FP they had all showed up at once. Not wanting to risk getting stuck in a starspeeder with 40 screaming South Americans, I left. (I ended up in a ToT elevator with 10 screaming Americans instead...)

Doesn't sound like a lot of fun. I think if you are spending the money you spend at Disney you ought to be aware of popular times for groups that might make things a little less fun. I do like the idea of going in the opposite direction if you see one of these chanting groups coming your way. That is a good plan, but not so much if you are caught in a line with them behind you, and a long line at that.

I see no reason to chant though, especially an actual orchestrated chant. How do people that do this not realize how much of a disturbance that is? I realize these tour groups are a little stereotyped, but then again, where do stereotypes come from, truth or fiction?

GVentola

Personally, I have found their enthusiasm contagious. Which is not to say when reading your posts that I didn't feel your pain.

discos

Right now. Just got back from a week at the World and the tour groups were out in full force. Never seen so many tour flags in the parks before, and you gotta love when they start chanting in the queue for It's Tough to be a Bug, or a huge group of them start walking in front of the stage during a performance of Beauty and the Beast. Fun times

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the tour groups are probably exaggerated...but Spring is great weather, can’t go wrong with choosing it. :)

It's completely overstated...any group of teens is going to attract attention and be a tad obnoxious...But the hate on the tour groups is stereotypically 'Merican...

So packs of cheerleaders or soccer teams are more acceptible because they wear matching screen printed clothes, bows, and speak with bad regional accents?

...see what I did there?

TARDIS

To me it's not the country the are from its any mass group of teens with little to no supervision. Ive had the American cheer groups drive me nuts too with their chants in line. Or their love of chanting on rides like space or pirates, ultimate fave is the screeming when it's not thrill ride 😑They will grow up and learn like we all did but any group is annoying enough for me try to avoid. I just wish the line cutting situation would be better monitored. I understand holding a spot for someone needing to run to the restroom and back etc. but not two holding a spot for 20 to push through at the last min! So to your question I would aim for early may I've only run into a group here and there this times of the year.

BigDave

Folks, the only acceptable line cutting would be if an adult had to catch up to their family. ie- one kid had a bathroom emergency , etc.
Just put both hands on the railings and tell them no. It's rude. I don't care if it's a foreign tour group, cheerleaders, local Orlando kids..just don't tolerate it and they will get the hint to stop.
If not, contact a shift manager or supervisor and point them out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To me it's not the country the are from its any mass group of teens with little to no supervision. Ive had the American cheer groups drive me nuts too with their chants in line. Or their love of chanting on rides like space or pirates, ultimate fave is the screeming when it's not thrill ride 😑They will grow up and learn like we all did but any group is annoying enough for me try to avoid. I just wish the line cutting situation would be better monitored. I understand holding a spot for someone needing to run to the restroom and back etc. but not two holding a spot for 20 to push through at the last min! So to your question I would aim for early may I've only run into a group here and there this times of the year.

...Very fair

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Let's all admit one thing I am sure we can agree on, as adults we all loathe teenagers. I've disliked teenagers even when I WAS one. They are loud, obnoxious and that multiplies when they are in groups. If you are teenager that is reading this I am sorry, I won't apologize and by the time you are in your 20s you'll understand. Brazilian, Argentinian, regional cheerleaders, UCLA's Football team, I don't care, chances are I will immediately be annoyed with them simply because they are obnoxious teenagers.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let's all admit one thing I am sure we can agree on, as adults we all loathe teenagers. I've disliked teenagers even when I WAS one. They are loud, obnoxious and that multiplies when they are in groups. If you are teenager that is reading this I am sorry, I won't apologize and by the time you are in your 20s you'll understand. Brazilian, Argentinian, regional cheerleaders, UCLA's Football team, I don't care, chances are I will immediately be annoyed with them simply because they are obnoxious teenagers.

Lol...get out of my brain!!!

OneofThree

I definitely agree here, but at the expense of recognizing the fact that there's an easily observed difference in the behaviors of the S.A. tour groups. People can argue (and do) all day long about the finer points of the argument but at the end of the day, line-cutting at a theme park for example, isn't at all a grey area. It's cut-and-dry inconsiderate behavior other paying guests shouldn't be expected to deal with. The proof positive that culture is no excuse here is that they will feign the inability to English when confronted by CM's tending the lines, only to later be heard be speaking as if the Queen of England herself. I'm not a very. . . approachable person at all, and so typically am not the "victim" of this sort of thing. When I'm in a theme park with the fam, I'm usually as low-key as can be. At the same time, you can believe that if a bunch of snot-nosed brats would attempt this nonsense in front of me, I'd likely seek out the group leader/chaperone/"adult"/handler in order to establish more acceptable international relations.
1516555699685.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom