Does anyone know when the Brazilian Tour groups usually show up?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Planning a trip in 2018, just wondering. Haven't exactly heard.................shall we say..................positive reviews when these groups show up.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
According to many sources, they typically start in June, peak in July, and dwindle down in August.

That doesn't mean you won't catch another one or two of them during other holidays.

WondersOfLife

There Peak is January to March. That is the Brazilian and South American summer vacation.
Oooiee. Well then there is no safe time to go because there are ALWAYS lots in the Summer, my friend. I remember being with the New York Film Academy summer camp in mid-june waiting for Thunder Mountain and our group was battling the Brazilian tour groups with chants while waiting in line. I hated both of em.

WondersOfLife

That sounds awful
giphy93.gif

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
April might be the trip for us. Sounds like summer and maybe January to March is a peak time. I've never experienced it, but from all I heard on here it sounds bad enough to inquire about it and plan around it. All I have to ask for the people who have been bothered by it is why is it Brazilian tour groups that come? I mean, surely there are other groups of people from other countries that experience Disney in large numbers, no? I always see plenty of Asians in WDW, although never had them do soccer chants while in line.

Why is this done anyway? Because if that was happening all day in a line for me that would really ruin the experience.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
May before kids get out is supposedly the best time. April spring break and Easter crowds.

There is some kind of sweet fifteen right of passage for Brazilian girls and boys. And somehow this has become associated with going to Disney world.

And the Brazilian. Tour groups bring over these teens in waves to populate the park.

But it's not just the Brazilian it's all of South America because Jan-march is their summer vacation.

Okay that's fair. With us it will be at least a week after Easter this year (Easter Sunday is on April 1st) so I am assuming crowds in general will be moderate. The funny thing is, most of the time I've been to WDW has been March and I've never experienced or gotten annoyed with groups of any kind making noise. Maybe I am missing them at the right time?

21stamps

Okay that's fair. With us it will be at least a week after Easter this year (Easter Sunday is on April 1st) so I am assuming crowds in general will be moderate. The funny thing is, most of the time I've been to WDW has been March and I've never experienced or gotten annoyed with groups of any kind making noise. Maybe I am missing them at the right time?

I think the tour groups are probably exaggerated...but Spring is great weather, can’t go wrong with choosing it. :)

Captain Barbossa

How do they not know they are that much of a nuisance? And before someone says "Well, different culture.............." no, you are either a disturbance or you aren't.
I'm not sure if they realize that they are a disturbance. All I'm gonna say is that the Asian groups can drive me crazy, but I would rather wait in line with them rather than the Brazil groups. What I like about the Asians is that they don't have a tendency to break out in mass war chants, or whatever that God awful sound is the Brazilians make.

Driver

February is a popular time for them and WDW also has a cheerleading event that some of those groups participate in. Overall good chance of them being there.

Minnesota disney fan

My husband and I were at WDW last year in February from the 6th to the 16th. We were apprehensive about the tour groups, too.
However, we only saw 2 tour groups in 10 days. One group had an older lady tour leader who actually had them in 2 lines and quiet before they got in line at BTM. I was amazed! I wonder if Disney is trying to stop the obnoxious chanting and other antics? We saw another small group walking in Adventure land and they were chanting something, but not loud at all. Both groups were no problem at all. We also saw many large groups of cheerleaders. We just didn't get in line for an attraction if they were there.
So, we were surprised at the lack of problems this past February.
Maybe we were just lucky, or maybe their economy is keeping them home, or maybe Disney is finally enforcing some rules. Who knows?

Driver

My husband and I were at WDW last year in February from the 6th to the 16th. We were apprehensive about the tour groups, too.
However, we only saw 2 tour groups in 10 days. One group had an older lady tour leader who actually had them in 2 lines and quiet before they got in line at BTM. I was amazed! I wonder if Disney is trying to stop the obnoxious chanting and other antics? We saw another small group walking in Adventure land and they were chanting something, but not loud at all. Both groups were no problem at all. We also saw many large groups of cheerleaders. We just didn't get in line for an attraction if they were there.
Maybe we were just lucky, or maybe their economy is keeping them home, or maybe Disney is finally enforcing some rules. Who knows?
I haven't heard any concerns trickle down in the past. I've never seen them be destructive, group chants? Different story LoL. I've had groups fill my bus and do cheers/chants all the way to the resort ( very loud). But other than their sheer numbers I don't know of any derogatory reports.

Cmdr_Crimson

I encountered a situation while I was waiting in line on rock and roller coaster. at least five tour groups where in the Fastpass line up by the loading area and they started fight chanting to which they kept getting louder and louder. when all of a sudden the house lights turned on a cm went on the speaker stating that if they do continue chanting they would be asked to leave the building. sure enough they had done that and it was back to running the ride without the chanting it was very impressive how quickly they got silenced after they were told.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom