Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Miss Bella

Pages of mask debate again??? Masks are ineffective because you can’t show me 27 studies from a source I approve of that shows they aren‘t. Someone in March said masks weren’t required so now thats carved in stone like the Ten Commandments. And my all time favorite is...I still wear a mask after pages of posts saying I don’t think they work. I think we’ve heard it all at this point.

Whether masks work or not that’s the price to pay to go to WDW. Take it or leave it, especially now that cases are surging. Any hope of the mask rules relaxing has gone from slim to none in recent weeks. The masks are here to stay for the foreseeable future. The rest of the back and forth has nothing to do with WDW delaying their opening date.
I guess it was my fault for asking where to buy Disney masks. All you have to do is say the word mask and they are off to the races.

robhedin

Pages of mask debate again??? Masks are ineffective because you can’t show me 27 studies from a source I approve of that shows they aren‘t. Someone in March said masks weren’t required so now thats carved in stone like the Ten Commandments. And my all time favorite is...I still wear a mask after pages of posts saying I don’t think they work. I think we’ve heard it all at this point.

Whether masks work or not that’s the price to pay to go to WDW. Take it or leave it, especially now that cases are surging. Any hope of the mask rules relaxing has gone from slim to none in recent weeks. The masks are here to stay for the foreseeable future. The rest of the back and forth has nothing to do with WDW delaying their opening date.
Yep. Whether you like it or not, or whether it helps or not is irrelevant at this point. Anyone going to WDW (over the age of 2) will be wearing a mask. We can stop beating the horse --- it's dead.

oceanbreeze77

lower numbers, as expected, but another example of why positivity rate is SO important. Its astonoshing that its flattened at such a high rate.
Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 7.34.20 AM.png

legwand77

That’s not what I asked. I asked if mask science has changed. Because you said this...

.”Sounds like science at its best. As more data comes in you adjust your findings. To say some organization recommended something then changed their position, do you even know how science works?”

I believe this take is the general gist of what you are saying

legwand77

lower numbers, as expected, but another example of why positivity rate is SO important. Its astonoshing that its flattened at such a high rate.
View attachment 481744
I agree positivity is one of the many important factors. This also highlights the hyper focus on new case numbers by the media, these numbers are just "as bad" if not 'worse' as the days they reported last Friday. When all the headlines said the numbers were surging, shattering, record breaking etc. It is just less test runs today. Doubt you will see headlines saying that today.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I guess it was my fault for asking where to buy Disney masks. All you have to do is say the word mask and they are off to the races.
I don’t think that’s a big deal to talk about. Slightly off topic, but thats not the end of the world. I was more referring to the armchair epidemiologists.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree positivity is one of the many important factors. This also highlights the hyper focus on new case numbers by the media, these numbers are just "as bad" if not 'worse' as the days they reported last Friday. When all the headlines said the numbers were surging, shattering, record breaking etc. It is just less test runs today. Doubt you will see headlines saying that today.
It’s not like it dropped to below a thousand cases. The number is still what it was 5 days ago. It’s not record breaking but it’s not good either. Later in the week there will likely be a catch up day or 2 as more people get tested during the week than on the weekend, especially a holiday weekend. That’s why it’s better to look at the daily average over a 7 day period. Smoothes out some of the volatility from daily testing.

legwand77

It’s not like it dropped to below a thousand cases. The number is still what it was 5 days ago. It’s not record breaking but it’s not good either. Later in the week there will likely be a catch up day or 2 as more people get tested during the week than on the weekend, especially a holiday weekend. That’s why it’s better to look at the daily average over a 7 day period. Smoothes out some of the volatility from daily testing.

Not saying it is good or bad either way, not the point, it is the same as it has been roughly for the past week or so. Just noting the media reporting of it. Tomorrow or Wednesday when testing numbers/data go up and postivity stays in the same range it has been, the reports will be back to shattering numbers, surging etc. when in reality nothing has really changed other than more test data has been run.

Jrb1979

Not saying it is good or bad either way, not the point, it is the same as it has been roughly for the past week or so. Just noting the media reporting of it. Tomorrow or Wednesday when testing numbers/data go up and postivity stays in the same range it has been, the reports will be back to shattering numbers, surging etc. when in reality nothing has really changed other than more test data has been run.
Either way it's bad and no parks should be open in Florida right now. IMO when positive percentage is under 5% then parks should open

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Either way it's bad and no parks should be open in Florida right now. IMO when positive percentage is under 5% then parks should open

Ok, so let's do this.

Delay opening!!!!

Ok, now it's August 1st and positive percent has fallen week over week and now it's sitting at 2.2%. We reopen the parks, that number jumps back up, now it's Sept 1st and its back to 10% positive. Now what?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree. If we test nobody then the numbers reported would be zero. That doesn’t mean there’s nobody positive out there. With the dip in testing over the holiday weekend there’s less people testing positive, doesn’t mean there are less sick people. The actual numbers today are just as bad as last Friday, just less testing done so the raw number looks better.

Jrb1979

Ok, so let's do this.

Delay opening!!!!

Ok, now it's August 1st and positive percent has fallen week over week and now it's sitting at 2.2%. We reopen the parks, that number jumps back up, now it's Sept 1st and its back to 10% positive. Now what?
It might jump back up that high if people followed social distancing.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I agree. If we test nobody then the numbers reported would be zero. That doesn’t mean there’s nobody positive out there. With the dip in testing over the holiday weekend there’s less people testing positive, doesn’t mean there are less sick people. The actual numbers today are just as bad as last Friday, just less testing done so the raw number looks better.
Imagine what the numbers in NY and NJ would look like if we had this level of testing from jump.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Imagine what the numbers in NY and NJ would look like if we had this level of testing from jump.
When there just wasn’t enough testing available the percent positive was 50, 60 even 70% at some points in time. Basically you had to almost prove you were infected to even get tested. Of course being on full stay at home orders helped slow some of the spread (especially asymptomatic spread). Many people who were never tested were just told to quarantine for 14 days if they had known contact with a sick person but no symptoms. Sometimes even people with symptoms were told that. Working in NJ I know lots of people who fell into that category. It wasn’t much better here in PA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom