Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Miami is a complete mess. Hopefully the residents and tourists stay home and not make the four hour drive and to visit WDW next week.
Good luck with that. Tell a bunch of people that everything is closed but drive a few hours and its all open...and dirt cheap to rent a room. It’s not likely people will just stay home. Maybe FL needs a county vs county travel ban. That would be interesting.

legwand77

Good luck with that. Tell a bunch of people that everything is closed but drive a few hours and its all open...and dirt cheap to rent a room. It’s not likely people will just stay home. Maybe FL needs a county vs county travel ban. That would be interesting.
they don't have to drive a few hours just a few minutes to the next county

GoofGoof

Premium Member
they don't have to drive a few hours just a few minutes to the next county
He was talking specifically about going to WDW. There’s a whole lot of hotels desperate for business that are dirt cheap right now on I drive. If I were a 20 something living in Miami looking to party it would be pretty tempting to go get a room somewhere that stuff is open.

DisneyCane

Don't know if you were being serious or not but even a state to state travel ban would be illegal. Let alone county to county.

Or maybe a unified response at the state level.
Agree but it should be the rest of the state response, not the Miami-Dade response.

Mark52479

DeSantis should override them on the restaurants. After restaurants opened for dine in there was no uptick. It was after bars opened (I think gyms might have been that date also) and the protests. Absolutely no evidence whatsoever that distanced dining rooms at 50% capacity are an issue.
I dont think Desantis will do anything just yet. IF more counties start doing the same thing then I can Desantis stepping in and overriding the local counties. Not yet though.

legwand77

I dont think Desantis will do anything just yet. IF more counties start doing the same thing then I can Desantis stepping in and overriding the local counties. Not yet though.
Miami mayor is focusing on these reasons for the closure of restaurants

graduation parties, gatherings at restaurants that turned into packed parties in violation of the rules and street protests where people could not maintain social distancing and where not everyone was wearing facial coverings.

None of these situations will be issues or have been issues in the parks.

mgf

DeSantis should override them on the restaurants. After restaurants opened for dine in there was no uptick. It was after bars opened (I think gyms might have been that date also) and the protests. Absolutely no evidence whatsoever that distanced dining rooms at 50% capacity are an issue.

Yet. But there is concrete evidence of super spread within a restaurant in CORRECTION: CHINA [previously read: South Korea] and the HVAC system played a big role in that spread. New research from Harvard suggests AC is problematic for spread of COVID in confined spaces.

Also, I will continue to point out that capacity cuts for indoor spaces might create more room for distancing but are primarily designed to limit the outbreak. There is room for optimism that being outdoors, masked ideally but certainly distanced, is safe-ish.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Don't know if you were being serious or not but even a state to state travel ban would be illegal. Let alone county to county.
Illegal? there’s still one in FL for anyone from NY/NJ/CT. So at WDW nobody from the tri-state area can visit without quarantining for 14 days but someone from Miami can get in their car and visit no problem. Which area presents a higher risk of infected people coming in? I was just kidding suggesting a county to county travel ban, but it actually makes more sense than the state ones that are still active.

DisneyCane

Miami mayor is focusing on these reasons for the closure of restaurants

graduation parties, gatherings at restaurants that turned into packed parties in violation of the rules and street protests where people could not maintain social distancing and where not everyone was wearing facial coverings.

None of these situations will be issues or have been issues in the parks.
So, some percentage of restaurants violated rules and the solution is to shut them all down instead of punishing the violators?

DisneyCane

Illegal? there’s still one in FL for anyone from NY/NJ/CT. So at WDW nobody from the tri-state area can visit without quarantining for 14 days but someone from Miami can get in their car and visit no problem. Which area presents a higher risk of infected people coming in? I was just kidding suggesting a county to county travel ban, but it actually makes more sense than the state ones that are still active.
That isn't a ban, more of a deterrent. It also probably isn't enforceable without screening/testing and determining that it is a reasonable assumption that the person is infected or was exposed.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No they don't. Young adults need to stop gathering without social distancing. This outbreak spike has nothing to do with businesses operating per guidelines.
That’s the problem. The gov stoped alcohol sales in bars to stay in step with other states that are surging. Then amended the executive order to allow any place that serves food to continue to sell alcohol. So that order has so many loopholes now it’s almost meaningless. In order to stop bars and clubs from remaining open (by selling some food to sneak through the loophole) the mayor is closing restaurants too. If the statewide order was similar to TX where they paused the sale of alcohol for real then they would likely be able to keep restaurants open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom