Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If the bars are shut down at WDW, then guest happy hour will start in the parking lots before boarding the tram.
They aren’t shut down anyway. With all the loopholes not much is actually closed from that order. As far as I know the bars and drink carts/stands will still be open unless they were planned to be closed already.

Miss Bella

Disney news is news to many newscasters nationally and worldwide with probably the exception of countries to visit and one may not return safely.
Right it might get a minute or two, but leading story, wall to wall coverage, firestorm of bad press....probably not.

DisneyDebRob

That's a nice graphic. I wonder if the level "8" for an amusement park is factoring in the required face coverings, social distancing and hopefully other measures that Disney will be taking, perhaps making it a little less risky. I realize though that there is an inherent risk when ever there are larger than normal crowds.
I was wondering the same thing. I assume they are, then again we all know what happens when we do that.

DisneyCane

Unless I am completely mistaken, herd immunity and herd resistance are the same things.
Herd immunity is the virus going away because it can't spread anymore due to a certain percentage of the population being immune.

What I am calling herd resistance is before you get to that point there will be less people that can be infected so less that can spread it.

There's a reason that every outbreak of every airborne virus has the same shaped curve and it isn't because businesses get closed and people wear fabric on their face.

TrojanUSC

4 months ago the general population was not told the truth - ie, lied to - in an effort to stop people from hoarding masks that were needed more by medical workers and patients than the average citizen. They were definitely going to be exposed - we might. And even then they knew that any mask was better than no mask. Unfortunately, past experience had shown that many people just can't help themselves when it comes to watching out for #1 and the rest of the population be damned.

If you've tried to purchase certain products lately you can understand the concern - I still can't find Clorox wipes or hand wipes at my local grocery, although toilet paper is available - but not every time, and not always my usual brand.

The science of masks stopping droplets hasn't changed, although masks have improved over time. There is a reason that surgeons have been wearing masks for over a century - the masks may have changed, but the original purpose has not.

Surgical mask
A surgical mask, also known as a face mask, is intended to be worn by health professionals during healthcare procedures. It is designed to prevent infections in patients and treating personnel by catching bacteria shed in liquid droplets and aerosols from the wearer's mouth and nose.Wikipedia

This is definitely true. I'd also add that we didn't know the level of pre-symptomatic/asymptomatic spread early on.

TrojanUSC

DeSantis should override them on the restaurants. After restaurants opened for dine in there was no uptick. It was after bars opened (I think gyms might have been that date also) and the protests. Absolutely no evidence whatsoever that distanced dining rooms at 50% capacity are an issue.

No, indoor restaurants are not safe. People talking at high volumes without masks inside. Outdoor dining should be permitted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom