Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

DisneyDebRob

What’s the unemployment rate in those states?
Would have to really do some research, not sure of exact numbers but good diversion again. The conversation was about hospitalizations, rate of increase with the virus, ICU..etc. nothing to do with unemployment. That’s another conversation not for this thread. You seem to change the subject that’s being talked about quite frequently. In fact I said the same thing maybe 2 days ago when you changed someone’s post to something that was not even mentioned . Not sure what that is about.

Miss Bella

Would have to really do some research, not sure of exact numbers but good diversion again. The conversation was about hospitalizations, rate of increase with the virus, ICU..etc. nothing to do with unemployment. That’s another conversation not for this thread. You seem to change the subject that’s being talked about quite frequently. In fact I said the same thing maybe 2 days ago when you changed someone’s post to something that was not even mentioned . Not sure what that is about.
The economy, lockdowns and Covid are all related. If you can’t see that...

legwand77

Everyone is mentioning lag in deaths and hospitalizations, two more weeks etc., it also goes both ways. Since test results are laggging by some accounts 4-5 days and with case numbers now on the decline, Florida might be much closer to 5% or less positivity currently than the data actually shows, maybe even lower. It will be interesting to see if that plays out.

SoCalMort

The economy is something we created, yes? In other words, it is not a force nature or or something that arises on its own. While I can think of many social/tribal/what-have-you aspects we share with other life on the planet, I can't think of other species that have an 'economy' as we commonly use the term.

If so, then isn't the foundation for a healthy economy healthy people?

havoc315

Of course they are.
But here is the thing: If you don't do the lockdowns the right away, if you don't take the right preventative measures as quickly as possible, you cause much much more long term economic damage.

Which is better..... 20% unemployment for 2 months, followed by a year of 5% unemployment..
Or an entire year of 10-15% unemployment? (numbers for demonstration only)

We will never have full employment as long as the virus is exploding. Even if there were absolutely no government restrictions -- lots of people wouldn't feel safe to go eat, travel, visit Disney World. Lots of people home sick, instead of being productive members of the economy.

Yes -- they are all interrelated. But not in the way some people are suggesting -- Fighting the virus doesn't hurt the economy. Fighting the virus is how you promote the economy in the long term.

Miss Bella

The economy is something we created, yes? In other words, it is not a force nature or or something that arises on its own. While I can think of many social/tribal/what-have-you aspects we share with other life on the planet, I can't think of other species that have an 'economy' as we commonly use the term.

If so, then isn't the foundation for a healthy economy healthy people?
You lost me after the first sentence.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Okay.

Do you understand and can you answer the last sentence?
Seeing how most hospitals are getting outrageous sums of money per each covid infection/death they report, not to mention traditional Medicare rates for other ilneses/deaths.

I'd say there's big profits in people being unhealthy.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The economy is something we created, yes? In other words, it is not a force nature or or something that arises on its own
Walt Disney World is also something we (mankind) created. It's not a force of nature, (I wouldn't say that to the fanbois crying at the opening of Captain Marvel), nor is Disney something that arises in its own.

The economy, lockdowns, covid, Disney are all related or at the very least have a symbiotic relationship in some aspects.

Touchdown

Seeing how most hospitals are getting outrageous sums of money per each covid infection/death they report, not to mention traditional Medicare rates for other ilneses/deaths.

I'd say there's big profits in people being unhealthy.

Just no, no. It’s been posted multipletimes on this board the hospital loses money on most medical conditions (which Covid is) especially if they stay for >3 days (average Covid non icu stay 14 days.) when hospitals cancel their surgeries for Covid they lose their main source of income which is why healthcare providers are seeing their salaries cut this year.

peter11435

Walt Disney World is also something we (mankind) created. It's not a force of nature, (I wouldn't say that to the fanbois crying at the opening of Captain Marvel), nor is Disney something that arises in its own.

The economy, lockdowns, covid, Disney are all related or at the very least have a symbiotic relationship in some aspects.
I think his point was that without a healthy population there is no economy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom