Do you like your first name?

OldKeyWest24

Original Poster
well..Do u like your first name? Juss outta curiousity.

I like mine because i have neva met anyone my age who has the name Susan. Ive only met older people. Im not crazy bout the name itself, but i like being an individual. Its not like Ashley, Danielle, or Jessica (sry ya'll who have those names :) ) Coz i know a million people with those names. So do you like ur name or do you want to kill your parents fo naming you sumthing weird.

Susan

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
I'm not crazy about mine (Shawn), but I hate my middle name.

I don't like the names Ashley or Danielle, just because I had 2 horrible ex-girlfriends with those names. :brick:

Maria

Lol! what a topic!! :lol:

I´ll answer.... For many years while I was still a girl, (and also a teenager), I hated my name. My middle name is Esther and I couldn´t stand it because in my opinion, it is a very strong name for a girl. When the years passed, I realized that I was the only named Maria Esther and it was easy for people to remember me, so I started liking it because of its uniqueness, same as Susan said. Noone else my age had my name! (of course, my mom and grandma had it.... :rolleyes: )

When I started at one of my jobs, my boss didn´t speak Spanish and had a hard time pronouncing it, so he shorted it to "Maria", my first name, which alone I didn´t like then! :rolleyes: so my friends, making fun of me being annoyed by that, started calling me plainly "Maria".... I fell in love with my name again, and after living in Orlando, I do turn my head when I hear only "Maria". I still give my full name when I introduce myself though. I like both now! :)

sorry... long meaningless story... :zipit:

Aaahh!! and if I ever have a daughter, she will probably have Maria in her name, like almost every girl in Mexico, but not Esther! I´m the last one in my family! :D

Lance

Yes, what a grand topic, LOL! WOW.

Well, I hated my name for about 17 of my 19 years of existence. I've come to live with it, but every time I introduce myself, people always have to hear it twice to get it, I don't know why, it's only one syllable.

Same as Susan and Maria, I was the only Lance growing up.

NowInc

As much as I hate my name...I must say its unique... Daneel (Daniel in greek)...which is why I tell everyone to call me Dan ;)

My LAST name...dont get me started on that ;) Id kill for a last name that someone could pronounce...without me coaching them thru it....

OldKeyWest24

Original Poster
Originally posted by NowInc
As much as I hate my name...I must say its unique... Daneel (Daniel in greek)...which is why I tell everyone to call me Dan ;)

My LAST name...dont get me started on that ;) Id kill for a last name that someone could pronounce...without me coaching them thru it....

i hate my last name too. I want one that makes sence!!

Susan

Sheri

Well my real name is Sheryl, and even thought I go by Sheryl sometimes, I've been gettin called Sheri since I like, b4 I was born sooo...I like my name, and like some other people, I like it's uniqueness (SP?!). I'm the only person I know that has it with an S instead of a C. I think my mom thinks I'm soft and warm. LOL...It sounds weird but when she was thinking of a name for me, she liked Cheryl but she said Sheryl with an S looks softer and warmer...She's a bit weird, lol...and my middle name is weird. it was Elizabeth, but it looked to boring and I wanted to be different so I started writing it like ElizaBeth, with a capital B, and people started catchin on. And my last name is very weird! My friends say my last name almost pefectly, but my school (or half of it at least) says the E in it all wrong and it makes me mad...but I live :D

I don't think I'm missing anything :rolleyes:

DanStat

My Name...

I like my name...Daniel...

I think it's a good name for a guy. I don't think too many guys have it. It's good...I'm happy with it.

My favorite name for a girl is Alicia.

Debbie

My name is so normal but you don't see anyone these days naming their kids Deborah. Not with all the Brittanys, Courtneys and the ones mentioned in earlier posts. But my brother was named Dyton Jr. and he caught hell all of his life and still goes by Butch. And I swore my kids would have normal names and they do. Now that I have married a guy whose name starts with "D" it just flows---Don and Deb. Now my last name everyone screws up. However when a telemarketer calls and asks for M/M Bordeaux I know what's up and tell them they don't live here. And with my maiden name being Ruiz alot of telemarketers assume I speak Spanish. I speak very little Spanish but more than most. I get to play with people who don't know me and can't pronounce my name but want to sell me something:p

OldKeyWest24

Original Poster
Originally posted by MobileBadBoy
Ugh. I'd have been mad if my parents had spelled mine Sean. (sorry if anyone here has that name and spells it that way :lookaroun)

i like it coz its irish..like me! hehehe

Susan

Tramp

...i never had a problem with my first name but apparently other people did cuz they use to say it spelled 'trouble'......maybe someone can figure it out for me.:rolleyes:

Sheri

I like shawn spelled shawn...lol

OKW24~ riley used to be oone of my faves too...I got it form riley Smith :slurp:

my fave boys names: aaron James and jordan

my fave girls names: kristi jamie and amber...i think :rolleyes:

OldKeyWest24

Original Poster
Originally posted by SheriD013
I like shawn spelled shawn...lol

OKW24~ riley used to be oone of my faves too...I got it form riley Smith :slurp:

my fave boys names: aaron James and jordan

my fave girls names: kristi jamie and amber...i think :rolleyes:

amber..ewwww..no offence anyone

Susan

NowInc

Ask a guy that same question "What would you name your kids"

and you will get something like

"Uhh..I dont care"

Or

"Krusty, Bud, Junior"

;)

The Mom

Premium Member
I've never really had a problem with my first name, except for people having trouble remembering if it ended with sha or cia (it's cia...the older, Latin then Celtic version) My mother purposely gave her children names that were not easily changed to nicknames, or if they could be shortened, always used our full names. My husband's sisters and aunts almost all have nicknames! I had an awful time learning who was who, and what their real names were! The Elizabeths were either BeCes or Wissas, the Cynthias were Ceces or Dandas, the Julias were Dooey or Judy, and I'm not even going to mention the last Aunt/Sister! My husband goes by his middle name; we can tell if someone calling really knows him....if they use his first name, I say he's not home! My daughter goes by her real name, but my son does use a nickname.

My married name seems to give people lots of trouble...I almost always have to spell it several times, and then have to correct the spelling when people repeat it back to me! So many people pronounce it Han; I even get catalogues for Asian products! However, I like having a shorter name (my maiden name was a longish irish one) because it's easier putting my children's names on things!

Tramp

Originally posted by The Mom
I like having a shorter name (my maiden name was a longish irish one) because it's easier putting my children's names on things!

...alot of people called me Dick...and still do.

...that's pretty short.

(...PS...for people who may not know, my first name is Richard)

Maria

the two names my former american bf and I wanted for our kids were: Dick and Virginia......

it´s a joke, of course!! Those are the names I would never give to my kids! :brick: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom