Do all resorts have "movie nights now?"

slappy magoo

Hey there, hi there, ho there...

Just wondering if all of the Disney resorts (and if not, which ones) show movies on any regular basis? Once upon a time, one of the selling points for staying at or near Fort Wilderness was the nightly campfire singalong, followed by movies under the stars where you could buy or bring your own campfire fixins - smores, hot dogs, popcorn, etc.

During my last stay at Saratoga Springs, I noticed they also had nightly movie screenings by the pool, but the one time we went specifically to see one of the movies, they were having technical difficulties. I think they use DVDs, a video projector and an inflatable screen (it was the screen that was having trouble that night, so I didn't see if it was an inflatable one or not). And of course, like all of the other DVC resorts, there are Activity Centers that could be playing Disney movies at any time, and if they're not showing Disney movies, they have the Disney Channel or Toon Disney playing. And every Disney resort lobby has an area where cartoons continuously play...

Now I've noticed some posters on the board talking about seeing movies being screened at other resorts as well. So I just wanted to try to find out if this is now a regular thing at all of the resorts? Or most of the resorts? Every night weather permitting? Just seasonal? By the pool? On the beach (for the resorts who have beaches)? Usually outdoors?

MKCP 1985

In October of last year, I stayed in a new Marriott owned property near Sea World and they had nightly movies out at the pool.

When I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in January, I don't recall that being offered, except and unless you traveled over to Fort Wilderness campground. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Hey there, hi there, ho there...

Just wondering if all of the Disney resorts (and if not, which ones) show movies on any regular basis? Once upon a time, one of the selling points for staying at or near Fort Wilderness was the nightly campfire singalong, followed by movies under the stars where you could buy or bring your own campfire fixins - smores, hot dogs, popcorn, etc.

During my last stay at Saratoga Springs, I noticed they also had nightly movie screenings by the pool, but the one time we went specifically to see one of the movies, they were having technical difficulties. I think they use DVDs, a video projector and an inflatable screen (it was the screen that was having trouble that night, so I didn't see if it was an inflatable one or not). And of course, like all of the other DVC resorts, there are Activity Centers that could be playing Disney movies at any time, and if they're not showing Disney movies, they have the Disney Channel or Toon Disney playing. And every Disney resort lobby has an area where cartoons continuously play...

Now I've noticed some posters on the board talking about seeing movies being screened at other resorts as well. So I just wanted to try to find out if this is now a regular thing at all of the resorts? Or most of the resorts? Every night weather permitting? Just seasonal? By the pool? On the beach (for the resorts who have beaches)? Usually outdoors?

I know they have them at Grand Floridian (on the beach), Contemporary (by the pool) and Beach Club (on the beach). I would guess they are limited to the Deluxe resorts (but likely not all of them) and Fort Wilderness.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I know they have them at Grand Floridian (on the beach), Contemporary (by the pool) and Beach Club (on the beach). I would guess they are limited to the Deluxe resorts (but likely not all of them) and Fort Wilderness.
We'll be at WL next month and I'm interested too if they'll be showing movies on the beach. When we stayed at BC in Dec, it was a really nice thing for my kids to be able to watch a movie on the beach (we watched Santa Buddies) and hopefully they'll get to be able to do it again.

Upvote 0

fbp

All Star Music was showing movies last August. You were able to vote for which movie they would show in the evening. They were done on a giant inflatable screen by the pool. It was sweet!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

All Star Music was showing movies last August. You were able to vote for which movie they would show in the evening. They were done on a giant inflatable screen by the pool. It was sweet!

Really? Cool! We are going to All Star Movies in November...although not sure how much time for a movie BUT nice to know! :) I'm guessing if Music does them...so does Movies and Sports Value resorts.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
All Star Music was doing this in December despite how cold it was. I was pretty surprised to see it on the schedule of events since I thought this was something limited to Deluxe resorts. There were also crafty type activities and story telling on the schedule too. I guess this is Disney's attempt at making their hotels more like the "resort" that they claim to be.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Last time I ran over to the Leaping Horse Libations (BWR) they were showing a the Little Mermaid on a blow up screen by the pool and a few years back I watched part of a movie by the pool at (CSR). It would seem that most of the resorts are now showing movies somewhere on there property for their guests, if your curious I would inquire with the front desk.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Yacht and Beach show movies on the beach and have campfire sing-a-longs and smores at the firepit near the shipwreck.

BoardWalk shows movies near the pool.

Caribbean Beach shows movies at the main pool.

The All Stars shows movies (saw it advertised).

I will say Resort entertainment has really stepped up over the years at all levels of Resorts: movies/ bonfires/ sing-alongs/ pirate cruises/ dance parties and games at the pools. Great job recreation teams!!!!

Upvote 0

tnemgif

They were showing movies and having campfires on the beach last summer at the Grand Floridian. You could buy a pack of marshmallows and a stick (for relatively cheap) and roast marshmallows while they played a movie on an inflatable screen.

Upvote 0

Raven66

When we stayed at AS Music at Christmastime in 2008 they had movies and games by the pool. I thought that was a really cool idea. There was always lots of families out there playing and then bundled up to watch the movie.

Upvote 0

fredrickr

They had movies at SSR at the High Rock pool last month (2/18) and last Sept. Not too many sitting out by the pool last month though. VBR does not show movies as far as I know. I think the pool area is a little too small, and the lawn by the Inn would be too uncomfortable to sit on, not to mention the surf would make it hard to hear the soundtrack.
:slurp:

Upvote 0

Maerj

I was hoping that they would do something like this in May. I'm a huge Lost fan and I didn't find out until after I booked my trip that the final episode will be on during our stay. I was planning Animal Kingdom on that day anyway, followed by dinner at the AKL, but we are going to have to hurry back to our room in order to see the finale of Lost. It'd be cool if they had some sort of big Lost party at the resorts on a big screen like that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom