Do all resorts have "movie nights now?"

slappy magoo

Hey there, hi there, ho there...

Just wondering if all of the Disney resorts (and if not, which ones) show movies on any regular basis? Once upon a time, one of the selling points for staying at or near Fort Wilderness was the nightly campfire singalong, followed by movies under the stars where you could buy or bring your own campfire fixins - smores, hot dogs, popcorn, etc.

During my last stay at Saratoga Springs, I noticed they also had nightly movie screenings by the pool, but the one time we went specifically to see one of the movies, they were having technical difficulties. I think they use DVDs, a video projector and an inflatable screen (it was the screen that was having trouble that night, so I didn't see if it was an inflatable one or not). And of course, like all of the other DVC resorts, there are Activity Centers that could be playing Disney movies at any time, and if they're not showing Disney movies, they have the Disney Channel or Toon Disney playing. And every Disney resort lobby has an area where cartoons continuously play...

Now I've noticed some posters on the board talking about seeing movies being screened at other resorts as well. So I just wanted to try to find out if this is now a regular thing at all of the resorts? Or most of the resorts? Every night weather permitting? Just seasonal? By the pool? On the beach (for the resorts who have beaches)? Usually outdoors?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom