DLR D23 Discussion & News

Sharon&Susan

As I said before, I'm going to be going home with my family. The cell coverage along Interstate 5 is not the best; it's mostly just the middle of nowhere. Besides, I don't want to wear out the battery. What's more, how can there be discussion if nothing major gets announced? It will just be speculation and guessing, as they are right now.

I also think it's unfair to not let those who can't go to the parks panel see everything there is to see there on the show floor, especially if they're not going to be there on Sunday, as I won't be. It's almost as if knowing about all the things coming to the parks in the future should only be seen by a select minority.

I also find it hard to believe that Toontown will not be included on the show floor in some capacity, since we already know about it, but still don't know all the details. What about Donald and Goofy's residences? Or the gas station, which, as the artwork shows, has been converted into what looks like a grocery store? I assume it's either a walk-up eatery or just a place to grab a snack on the go.
Would it be fair to the people who wait hours for this stuff to get only the same stuff that everyone already knows already, but regurgitated by Mr. No Charisma himself?

If you don't want to wear out the battery, just wait until after the show is over and check the Disney Parks Blog where they should have a pretty good recap of all that they announced.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
As I said before, I'm going to be going home with my family. The cell coverage along Interstate 5 is not the best; it's mostly just the middle of nowhere. Besides, I don't want to wear out the battery. What's more, how can there be discussion if nothing major gets announced? It will just be speculation and guessing, as they are right now.

I also think it's unfair to not let those who can't go to the parks panel see everything there is to see there on the show floor, especially if they're not going to be there on Sunday, as I won't be. It's almost as if knowing about all the things coming to the parks in the future should only be seen by a select minority.

I also find it hard to believe that Toontown will not be included on the show floor in some capacity, since we already know about it, but still don't know all the details. What about Donald and Goofy's residences? Or the gas station, which, as the artwork shows, has been converted into what looks like a grocery store? I assume it's either a walk-up eatery or just a place to grab a snack on the go.
I sent you a direct message so the thread can continue on with the rest of the discussion about D23.

Parteecia

So is the problem that you don't trust that you will get the full presentation unless you see and hear it for yourself? If you will be on the road you can check out the presentation online later if you don't want to hear about it filtered through other people.

If you're upset that you can't see it live because you'll be on the road then all I can offer is sympathy. But it will be the same information live or later.

There is no fairness to any of it. It's all about cultivating interest through exclusivity. If it's out on the floor for everyone to see it doesn't build excitement like sequential pronouncements from a stage to self-selected zealots who arranged their lives and waited hours to get in. That's what makes the news.

P.S. I know you said that cell reception along the 5 is a problem but if the limiting factor is your battery, can't you plug it into the car?

Last edited:

TP2000

If you're upset that you can't see it live because you'll be on the road then all I can offer is sympathy. But it will be the same information live or later.

I can also offer sympathy for he and his family driving up the 5 through the Central Valley in September. It will be 97 degrees and the smell of all those dairy farms will be particularly potent that time of year.

Even a stop for the Traveler's Special at Pea Soup Andersen's in Santa Nella can't salvage that road trip. :(

truecoat

Why would they schedule the park's presentation during the opening games of the NFL season? I know there might be a lot of you who could care less about football but if Disney wanted to make a splash with an announcement, this seems like the wrong time.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why would they schedule the park's presentation during the opening games of the NFL season? I know there might be a lot of you who could care less about football but if Disney wanted to make a splash with an announcement, this seems like the wrong time.
And now you know what I'll be watching while I check out the updates from the presentation.

TP2000

Aaand now I want pea soup. Thanks a lot.

I typed that last night and I said the exact same thing! 🤣 With a ham and swiss on rye sandwich, please.

And I'll tell the hostess you and I are happy to wait and browse around in the gift shop until a booth is available.

20180326-191624-largejpg.jpg

For any Oregonians or Northern Californians driving down to D23 Expo this September, do yourself a favor and pull off the 5 in Santa Nella at Pea Soup Andersen's for lunch or dinner. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited:

Practical Pig

I typed that last night and I said the exact same thing! 🤣 With a ham and swiss on rye sandwich, please.

And I'll tell the hostess you and I are happy to wait and browse around in the gift shop until a booth is available.

20180326-191624-largejpg.jpg

For any Oregonians or Northern Californians driving down to D23 Expo this September, do yourself a favor and pull off the 5 in Santa Nella at Pea Soup Andersen's for lunch or dinner. You'll be glad you did.
I haven't been to Pea Soup Anderson's since I was a child and our family stopped three or four times on various trips. When my husband and I drove by later in life, he refused to go to a restaurant with "pea soup" in the name. He hated pea soup. I love it.

Somehow I think that, like pea soup, the fact that PSA's is still going strong after all this time is comforting.

TP2000

I haven't been to Pea Soup Anderson's since I was a child and our family stopped three or four times on various trips. When my husband and I drove by later in life, he refused to go to a restaurant with "pea soup" in the name. He hated pea soup. I love it.

Somehow I think that, like pea soup, the fact that PSA's is still going strong after all this time is comforting.

To be honest, the only time in my long life that I've ever had pea soup was at a Pea Soup Andersen's. There used to be three of them, now there is only two since the one up in Carlsbad turned into a TGIFriday's about 20 years ago.

Apparently some folks eat pea soup in other locations, like their own homes, but I don't know those people.

truecoat

And now you know what I'll be watching while I check out the updates from the presentation.

Yep, there's no way I'm going to miss watching the Packers lose. My real point was in a day and age where a company like Disney wants to dominate headlines and social media clicks, why do it on a day where the NFL is going to hog a lot of bandwidth? A lot of people could care less about football or sports in general but from a business perspective, a less busy weekend would generate more buzz for the company.

No Name

I don't really care for the newer cartoons on which the ride is based (they're a guilty pleasure at best), but I will give credit where due, that these cartoons do have a Toontown vibe to them.
I’m just much more used to the Disneyland and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse depictions of Mickey as a polished leader that’s constantly engaging with us. The current cartoons are really the first time I’ve seen him ignore the fourth wall, and the first time I’ve seen him depicted in a sometimes outlandish or grotesque way.

This is why the ride is not as jarring for me… he’s back on his usual grind, talking to us and not looking like this:

1659542304280.jpeg

Consumer

I have no personal interest in MMRR (looks mid) but it's an addition without any subtraction so I'm fully onboard this train.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Just an FYI for those that want to know, its been confirmed that Disney will be livestreaming D23 again this year:

You can still join in on the fun and livestream the Ultimate Disney Fan Event on September 9, 10, and 11 on D23Expo.com and by following @DisneyD23 on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom