DLR D23 Discussion & News

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm just saying that EPCOT was mentioned in the article and that it was for new projects not mentioned before at D23.

You're making a lot of assumptions about the context of all of D23 based on a 2 sentence description blurb. There is going to be a whole lot discussed at D23 that is not even in those 2 sentences.

Several of us have told you already that the Toontown refurb and MMRR at DLR are likely to be discussed at D23. There is nothing more we can say on that until D23 happens.

I would argue that Toontown and Runaway Railway combined are actually bigger than Tiana because it's overhauling a whole land to add a brand-new ride (for Disneyland anyway), not just overhauling a ride.
Sorry but Tiana is a larger project that is spanning two different Parks at the same time, and due to its significance in the history of the Disney Parks and TWDC as a whole its makes it more then just a ride overhaul.

And while its not a direct clone as there will be some differences, MMRR is effectively still a clone of the DHS version. So again while its likely to be discussed at D23, its not important enough to put in the 2 sentence description blurb.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
BTW, @mharrington, I think you might be misunderstanding what that blurb is really about. The blurb you outlined is actually about what is being displayed on the show floor which they do every year, meaning the models and such not about what the Disney Parks panel will be discussing:

Magic on the Show Floor
The Disney Parks and Experiences Wonderful World of Dreams pavilion invites attendees to step into new stories, attractions, and adventures Walt Disney Imagineers are bringing to life around the globe. Fans will discover behind-the-scenes glimpses of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, the transformation of EPCOT, new Frozen-themed experiences, Disney Cruise Line, live entertainment, and more.

Here is the blurb about the Disney Parks panel which doesn't mention any specific attractions or projects:

A Boundless Future: Disney Parks Experiences and Products
Sunday, September 11, at 10:30 a.m., Hall D23
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro will take to the Hall D23 stage for A Boundless Future: Disney Parks Experiences and Products to share a look at new details of highly anticipated projects in development around the world. The fan-favorite presentation is sure to feature see-it-here-first moments and special surprises.

There is no models to display for Toontown or MMRR so that is why its not listed in the show floor section. So you're getting all worried for no reason.

mharrington

BTW, @mharrington, I think you might be misunderstanding what that blurb is really about. The blurb you outlined is actually about what is being displayed on the show floor which they do every year, meaning the models and such not about what the Disney Parks panel will be discussing:

Magic on the Show Floor
The Disney Parks and Experiences Wonderful World of Dreams pavilion invites attendees to step into new stories, attractions, and adventures Walt Disney Imagineers are bringing to life around the globe. Fans will discover behind-the-scenes glimpses of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, the transformation of EPCOT, new Frozen-themed experiences, Disney Cruise Line, live entertainment, and more.

Here is the blurb about the Disney Parks panel which doesn't mention any specific attractions or projects:

A Boundless Future: Disney Parks Experiences and Products
Sunday, September 11, at 10:30 a.m., Hall D23
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro will take to the Hall D23 stage for A Boundless Future: Disney Parks Experiences and Products to share a look at new details of highly anticipated projects in development around the world. The fan-favorite presentation is sure to feature see-it-here-first moments and special surprises.

There is no models to display for Toontown or MMRR so that is why its not listed in the show floor section. So you're getting all worried for no reason.

I was referring to the show floor, because I don't think I will be able to attend the big presentation. The show floor is the best I can do.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was referring to the show floor, because I don't think I will be able to attend the big presentation. The show floor is the best I can do.
Well then you're just going to have to see what they have on display. And if there is nothing about Toontown or MMRR at DLR then you'll just have to wait and see if its mentioned during the actual Parks panel.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Why do y'all argue such mundane things? Just ignore the posts and move on with your life. You're just going in circles.
Didn’t you say you were done with these forums? What happened?

Also, the user we are speaking to is on the spectrum and takes things literally. They need patience. So, we will continue to “go in circles.” If you don’t have the patience, no problem. Don’t engage.

mharrington

Well then you're just going to have to see what they have on display. And if there is nothing about Toontown or MMRR at DLR then you'll just have to wait and see if its mentioned during the actual Parks panel.

I don't think I will be able to attend the grand panel, as it's very difficult (almost impossible) to get into. If I can't attend, how will I know what is exactly mentioned? I don't think they allow videotaping or anything.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I don't think I will be able to attend the grand panel, as it's very difficult (almost impossible) to get into. If I can't attend, how will I know what is exactly mentioned? I don't think they allow videotaping or anything.
Surely someone will be streaming it. I bet you will be able to find a streamed video on YouTube somewhere. It will also make the news in some sort of Disney-based news medium.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Don't they frown upon it being filmed? And where would I go to read about it?
It will be streamed by Disney themselves on their own website, d23.com, so I don't think they have an issue with it.

I'm sure there will be plenty of sites including this one and Micechat that will be covering it. As well as many many many Youtube videos on it.

mharrington

It will be streamed by Disney themselves on their own website, d23.com, so I don't think they have an issue with it.

I'm sure there will be plenty of sites including this one and Micechat that will be covering it. As well as many many many Youtube videos on it.
I've been largely avoiding MiceChat because I have not been happy with it and the way they cover things, mostly negative and not entirely accurate. I'm also not sure if all those videos on YouTube will be complete or even entirely legal.

And let's not forget the other Disney parks news site that shall not be named.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've been largely avoiding MiceChat because I have not been happy with it and the way they cover things, mostly negative and not entirely accurate. I'm also not sure if all those videos on YouTube will be complete or even entirely legal.
Once again, Disney will likely be streaming the whole Disney Parks presentation themselves on their own website, d23expo.com. They have done this in years past, and will likely do it again this year.

Beyond that I'm not sure what else to tell you. There will be many sites and many Youtube videos on the presentation that will cover all the aspects of it. I'm sure all the various Parks bloggers like FreshBaked, DSNY, and others will cover it.

The Disney Parks Blog will also likely do a post-presentation update, so you can check that out too. Not to mention all the media coverage and fansites that will cover it like this one.

The point is there will be so many places you can go to get updates on what was in the Disney Parks presentation, if not view the whole presentation itself.

TP2000

D23 hasn’t passed yet. It’s in September.

That's a good point. It's usually in August, but I had to Google it.

This time D23 Expo is September 9th to 11th, the weekend after Labor Day.

I doubt I'll drive up there for this one for my traditional Sunday D23 visit, as September is going to be busy for me. And you can get all the same info within seconds via Twitter, and endless YouTube videos to watch without all the hassle by staying at home. If they even announce anything for Disneyland this year, that is.

But I'm sure they'll have to say something for Anaheim and declare it to be immersive. 🤔

mharrington

It also makes me wonder why they would want to limit all the park information to the big presentation, since not everyone will be able to attend and will have to settle for the admittedly well-done show floor.

TP2000

I've been largely avoiding MiceChat because I have not been happy with it and the way they cover things, mostly negative and not entirely accurate.

Nineteen Strikes You're Out!.... er, um... Three Strikes You're Out! 🤣

I'm also not sure if all those videos on YouTube will be complete or even entirely legal.

And let's not forget the other Disney parks news site that shall not be named.

I just put "D23 Expo Disneyland" in the search tab on Twitter, and everything pops up instantly. Closer to that weekend, we'll know when the Parks presentation will be and you can just start checking Twitter at that hour on that specific day.

Plus, there always seems to be a thread here on this forum that covers that stuff in real-time. It's kind of fun to watch a thread like that, quite frankly!

If you are a Disney fan online that day, it will be hard to miss the news if anything big gets announced.

mharrington

Nineteen Strikes You're Out!.... er, um... Three Strikes You're Out! 🤣

What does that mean?

I just put "D23 Expo Disneyland" in the search tab on Twitter, and everything pops up instantly. Closer to that weekend, we'll know when the Parks presentation will be and you can just start checking Twitter at that hour on that specific day.

Plus, there always seems to be a thread here on this forum that covers that stuff in real-time. It's kind of fun to watch a thread like that, quite frankly!

If you are a Disney fan online that day, it will be hard to miss the news if anything big gets announced.

I don't use Twitter. I did a Google search for this thing, and I got the runaround. The first video on it was from the news site that shall not be named, which has the letters N and T in it.

TP2000

What does that mean?

Just the latest item that was "not entirely accurate".

I don't use Twitter. I did a Google search for this thing, and I got the runaround. The first video on it was from the news site that shall not be named, which has the letters N and T in it.

Well, just tune in here on this forum that weekend. There will be plenty of discussion with virtually live-streamed news accounts. Especially if anything major gets announced for Disneyland. Or even if it doesn't.

mharrington

Well, just tune in here on this forum that weekend. There will be plenty of discussion with virtually live-streamed news accounts. Especially if anything major gets announced for Disneyland. Or even if it doesn't.

As I said before, I'm going to be going home with my family. The cell coverage along Interstate 5 is not the best; it's mostly just the middle of nowhere. Besides, I don't want to wear out the battery. What's more, how can there be discussion if nothing major gets announced? It will just be speculation and guessing, as they are right now.

I also think it's unfair to not let those who can't go to the parks panel see everything there is to see there on the show floor, especially if they're not going to be there on Sunday, as I won't be. It's almost as if knowing about all the things coming to the parks in the future should only be seen by a select minority.

I also find it hard to believe that Toontown will not be included on the show floor in some capacity, since we already know about it, but still don't know all the details. What about Donald and Goofy's residences? Or the gas station, which, as the artwork shows, has been converted into what looks like a grocery store? I assume it's either a walk-up eatery or just a place to grab a snack on the go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom