DLR D23 Discussion & News

BrianLo

So an announcement from five years is a “good thing”?

How many years is that gonna take?

I can’t…and you shouldn’t either.
…but you know I’m right. 😉

The previous expectations was ‘nothing’.

Disney timelines are what they are. But much is made about it and I don’t really care how long it takes as long as it still comes. I say that as someone who lived through the entire fan impatience of Pandora.

The issue is when there is nothing in between to bridge the gap. But in WDW’s case there’s been a very steady stream since Pandora. What do I care that Tron is taking half a decade when there’s been a half dozen other attractions that have opened as we’ve been waiting.

Disneyland’s case we still have MMRR and presumably the people mover won’t take five years to do.

Now I’m on board with hating the announce and cancel thing. That annoys me greatly. I’d hope and presume if they get around to re-announcing it they’ll actually commit to building it this time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The previous expectations was ‘nothing’.

Disney timelines are what they are. But much is made about it and I don’t really care how long it takes as long as it still comes. I say that as someone who lived through the entire fan impatience of Pandora.

The issue is when there is nothing in between to bridge the gap. But in WDW’s case there’s been a very steady stream since Pandora. What do I care that Tron is taking half a decade when there’s been a half dozen other attractions that have opened as we’ve been waiting.

Disneyland’s case we still have MMRR and presumably the people mover won’t take five years to do.

Now I’m on board with hating the announce and cancel thing. That annoys me greatly. I’d hope and presume if they get around to re-announcing it they’ll actually commit to building it this time.
No that’s fair…

I just can’t believe how “low brow” the announce/cancel/reannounce thing is…

Even with C-19…no excuses. It’s embarrassing to Disney.

You want “credit”? Do it in 18 months…not 56…pay some workers to work…stop with the nonsense.

Comcast is tearing through the biggest park maybe ever (not named “Epcot”) in Orlando right now.

“Act like you’ve been here before”

BrianLo

No that’s fair…

I just can’t believe how “low brow” the announce/cancel/reannounce thing is…

Even with C-19…no excuses. It’s embarrassing to Disney.

You want “credit”? Do it in 18 months…not 56…pay some workers to work…stop with the nonsense.

Comcast is tearing through the biggest park maybe ever (not named “Epcot”) in Orlando right now.

“Act like you’ve been here before”

Totally! Now I want to acknowledge I’m talking from the DLR lens. I think the WDW side of the forum is going to be very disappointed coming off this expo. I’d love to be wrong of course.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Totally! Now I want to acknowledge I’m talking from the DLR lens. I think the WDW side of the forum is going to be very disappointed coming off this expo. I’d love to be wrong of course.
I gotcha…i’m a charged, tried and convicted “east coaster”…

But I’m all in for DL and we’re looking to get back soon (3rd time in 5/6 years)…and I welcome additions.

Wdw is getting nothing by my estimate. The praetorians are misreading it: the bobs are gonna say that they’ve “done enough” for the last 10 years when all they really did is put a sloppy bandaid (that’s not working) on the 10 years prior when Iger let the place rot and ruined their capacity dynamic. The bill is coming due.

brb1006

I’ve managed to avoid awareness of pajama-wearing goats until now. Please tell me those goats need an extra layer of warmth and aren’t just being dressed up for laughs.😄

Regarding Valentino. I’m sorry, but I just find that character design off-putting. Maybe it’s just the color of the pjs? 😄 But, in all fairness, I haven’t heard the voice or seen a clip, yet. I’ll try to keep an open mind.

First impressions of Wish, pj goat aside: Plot description sounds like awful, generic Disney PR, and the star-things look like they hopped intact out of Super Mario Galaxy. BUT, Chris Buck has done seriously great work in his impressive animation career, so I’ll assume this could wind up being a wonderful movie.

Brb1006: you forgot about Jeb:
View attachment 665680
See, now this is a goat I’d like to see as a walk-around character in a Disney-Park— Head-butting YouTube vloggers without warning. 😃
I completely forgot about the goat from Home on The Range.

mickEblu

So Saturday is the down day for us parks fans huh? Between the news and unveiling of the models in the pavilion on Thursday night/ Friday and the announcements on Sunday.

On another note wasnt the Avengers ride announced in 2019? Not 2017

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
The fact that they spilled the beans on the Avengers ride today means the TL redo/ PeopleMover is all but confirmed.

No one will be surprised when they announce a Star Wars & Marvel & Pixar collaboration taking over Tomorrowland. Avengers peoplemover, hyperspace mountain, buzz lightyear blasters. lol

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What’s the best/ easiest way to stream the parks announcements on TV tomorrow? I’d rather not watch on my laptop.
If you have a SmartTV or that is connected to a steaming enabled device like a Fire Stick or Roku you can download the YouTube app and watch the stream via the D23 YouTube channel.

That is how I've been watching the streams.

mickEblu

If you have a SmartTV or that is connected to a steaming enabled device like a Fire Stick or Roku you can download the YouTube app and watch the stream via the D23 YouTube channel.

That is how I've been watching the streams.

Thanks! I didn’t realize it was on YouTube. I thought I was going to have to do some sort of MacGyvering. Lol

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Tv streaming device browser? We have Smart TVs but I’m pretty sure I’ve never used that app.
Yeah all streaming devices include most Smart Tvs have a browser app so you can browse websites. Some streaming devices and Smart TV browsers are better than others. Depending on the Smart TV you have you might be able to download the Chrome browser and use it if the TV native browser sucks.

But since you probably can just access the YouTube app from the TV you can just use that and is better for quality anyways.

waltography

Regarding Valentino. I’m sorry, but I just find that character design off-putting. Maybe it’s just the color of the pjs? 😄 But, in all fairness, I haven’t heard the voice or seen a clip, yet. I’ll try to keep an open mind.

First impressions of Wish, pj goat aside: Plot description sounds like awful, generic Disney PR, and the star-things look like they hopped intact out of Super Mario Galaxy. BUT, Chris Buck has done seriously great work in his impressive animation career, so I’ll assume this could wind up being a wonderful movie.
At the panel yesterday they gave us some animation tests of both the environment as well as all the characters, and it's really something special! Stylized in a way that I don't think modern Disney's done before. Star (singular!) does look like they're from SMG but the sketches don't show the really whimsical particle trail he leaves behind, and Alan's improv for the Valentino test was hilarious.

Can't speak for the story since they didn't share a whole lot, but the song they shared was great and I'm hopeful the story will feel more like an homage to old Disney movies than a cliche.

Last edited:

waltography

On another note: just came back from Day 2! Down day for Parks-minded folks, so we spent a lot of time in other pavilions and redeeming all the free stuff. Glad I didn't wait for the Marvel/Lucasfilm Day 2 panel, seemed like a bust. Among the cool promos, my favorites were a Runaway Railway Pluto pin from BoxLunch, a Hercules and Megara 25th Anniversary pin set from Disney Movie Insiders, and a 100 Years pennant from Disney Animation.

The main Expo shop had these lovely models of Sleeping Beauty Castle and Cinderella Castle (both $175), was super tempted to buy it. And we got a boarding group for the Mickey's of Glendale pin shop, but none of the pins they had were honestly that good? So we gave our reservation to some folks who were waiting nearby.

We have StagePasses for the Parks panel tomorrow, but I think we'll be up a little early to try to get a good spot! Very curious how it'll go.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If it’s allowed is anyone planning to stream, record the MSEP panel?
Disney is streaming it themselves on their D23 YouTube channel, here is the stream for tomorrow:

As for recording it, I'm sure there are plenty of other channels that will record it and have it available for replay just like every year.

TTA94

Disney is streaming it themselves on their D23 YouTube channel, here is the stream for tomorrow:

As for recording it, I'm sure there are plenty of other channels that will record it and have it available for replay just like every year.

Oh, thought someone said the MSEP panel was not included in the official stream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom