DLR D23 Discussion & News

DrAlice

They can’t be that stupid right? Use the same concept art they did last time when they announced the Quinjet ride to set expectations accordingly and then announce….a show? No way.
I mean, they CAN be that stupid, but that was just me being cynical. :)

Anyway, I've got no dog in this fight as screen-based rides make me sick.

waltography

Just got back from Day 1! It was pretty successful, all things considered; got a huge chunk of shopping out of the way and got into the meat of a lot of pavilions which was nice. The Mickey's of Glendale shop had really cute Runaway Railway merch including an El Capitoon spirit jersey, Chinny Chin Chin Construction Co. tees, Muppets Haunted Mansion merch, and a very cool Paper Disney Parks apparel. Also bought a good deal of the Expo-branded merch.

The Parks pavilion was pretty cool, if a little bare in some sections; hoping this means they made some serious space for new sections to premiere on Sunday. Everything in Fantasy Springs looked amazing, as did the little Zootopia land preview they had with puppeteers and a maquette of the police car ride vehicle. The Toontown models were nice, the Bayou Adventure model was better in person, and the Journey of Water model with the scale Te Fiti was actually pretty cool.

(Aside from the DLR focus in this thread: the Studios Day 1 panel was fantastic. Live action was light on original content (though the new Disney100 intro and Halle Bailey singing "Part of Your World" were major highlights of the entire panel), but I loved pretty much every new bit of animation they could share. I'm really excited for Wish, the animation tests looked like a really cool blend of 3D models with 2D styling/shading, and I already know they're gonna sell so many Star plushes.)

TP2000

Looks like the fireworks and Fantasmic! were cancelled tonight at Disneyland, due to light rain sprinkles and a southerly breeze. The first night of D23 Expo.

75 miles south here in La Jolla, and I got exactly 0.35 of an inch of rain today. I mean, honestly...

That just means tomorrow night's fireworks and Fantasmic! are going to be packed. :oops:

brb1006

“Pajama-wearing goat.”

Eew.
family-guy.gif

You have a problem with goats in pajamas buddy?
maxresdefault.jpg

images.jpeg

hqdefault.jpg

Come on, it's adorable! 😍

I can already see Valentino the Goat becoming popular in merchandise and the 2023 Holiday Season.
Valentino.png

I would instantly buy a plushie of this character in a heartbeat!

Last edited:

TP2000

Sharon&Susan

brb1006

Agreed.

More people have watched these goats on YouTube than saw Lightyear in theaters. Think about that.

I'm just glad Disney finally created a new Disney Goat. It's been 26 years since Disney last created a goat character since The Hunchback of Notee Dane with Djali. Plus Goats are criminally underrated in animation.
hunchback_disney_djali_6292.png

Bonus points for Alan Tudyk (Disney's answer to John Ratzenburger) providing the voice of Valentino (who will be able to speak).

I rarely gush over a newer Disney Character, but Valentino instantly stole my heart !❤

Disney please make him a walkaround version of Valentino in the future and not as a prop shows and parades.

Speaking of caprines, a walkaround version of Danny the Lamb needs to become a reality. I don't care if So Dear To My Heart is obscure and hasn't gained a Disney+ release yet! Disney needs more cute sheep characters (that aren't antagonists).
img_9686-png.525724

Last edited:

Rich T

I’ve managed to avoid awareness of pajama-wearing goats until now. Please tell me those goats need an extra layer of warmth and aren’t just being dressed up for laughs.😄

Regarding Valentino. I’m sorry, but I just find that character design off-putting. Maybe it’s just the color of the pjs? 😄 But, in all fairness, I haven’t heard the voice or seen a clip, yet. I’ll try to keep an open mind.

First impressions of Wish, pj goat aside: Plot description sounds like awful, generic Disney PR, and the star-things look like they hopped intact out of Super Mario Galaxy. BUT, Chris Buck has done seriously great work in his impressive animation career, so I’ll assume this could wind up being a wonderful movie.

Brb1006: you forgot about Jeb:
34F2B830-4B15-4DBF-A938-58D37378BE2F.jpeg

See, now this is a goat I’d like to see as a walk-around character in a Disney-Park— Head-butting YouTube vloggers without warning. 😃

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cynicism aside, I think most of us were taking the ‘under’ odds on the Avengers attraction coming back in any form. So if nothing else this is better than expected.

Unless it’s a stunt show. 😂
So an announcement from five years is a “good thing”?

How many years is that gonna take?

I can’t…and you shouldn’t either.
…but you know I’m right. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom