DLR D23 Discussion & News

Disney Analyst

I need to see a better video and/or photos. From that one Twitvid or whatever it was, it wasn't flattering.

Honestly, at first I thought something was smudged on my screen. Then I realized it was pure white facial hair on Bob Chapek and I almost shrieked out loud.

Maybe it looks better in person? Or in different lighting?

Or after you've had three drinks and it's almost Last Call?

1662702808054.jpeg

CaptinEO

We're getting to the point where these CEOs will be lucky if the worst thing that happens to them is being booed by fans of the companies that they run.
There are definitely some lunatic fans out there. They are probably the same type that cry during movie trailers. I'm sure these people curse Chapek's name each day for "ruining the magic" while also having the highest tier annual pass.

I don't take issue with Chapek himself, he's just part of 20+ years of bad company culture. Late era Eisner, Iger, and Chapek are all the same as far as I'm concerned.

At the end of the day these are business/finance people trying to run a creative company.

Iger gets the best reputation because he happened to be the one spending big money on acquisitions. Chapek had to pick up the tab for it and during a pandemic too.

A lot of the things people blame Chapek for (reservations, Genie+) were all started during Iger's rule, Flexpass was a thing a year before the pandemic and paid fastpass was in the works since 2012 and already existed with Maxpass in 2018.

DrAlice

From Disney Parks Facebook:
"JUST ANNOUNCED: During the Legends Ceremony at D23 Expo, CEO Bob Chapek shared that Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure is expanding with a third attraction with a brand-new story that will bring guests into battle alongside their favorite Super Heroes. More to come on Sunday during Josh D’Amaro’s Hall D23 presentation featuring special guest Kevin Feige."

@Californian Elitist Could this be mention of the Avengers ride? Or some silly show?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
"JUST ANNOUNCED: During the Legends Ceremony at D23 Expo, CEO Bob Chapek shared that Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure is expanding with a third attraction with a brand-new story that will bring guests into battle alongside their favorite Super Heroes. More to come on Sunday during Josh D’Amaro’s Hall D23 presentation featuring special guest Kevin Feige."

@Californian Elitist Could this be mention of the Avengers ride? Or some silly show?
If it’s a show, I will crack open a bottle of wine.

mickEblu

They can’t be that stupid right? Use the same concept art they did last time when they announced the Quinjet ride to set expectations accordingly and then announce….a show? No way.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They can’t be that stupid right? Use the same concept art they did last time when they announced the Quinjet ride to set expectations accordingly and then announce….a show? No way.
Nah, I'm even more convinced its the reintroduction of the E-Ticket, its the "bring guests into battle alongside their favorite Super Heroes" line as that is exactly how they described the Quinn Jet attraction.

TP2000

Okay, that's a bit better because there's still some salt-n-pepper in it. He looks less like Santa Claus In Training than he did in that Twitter video. But still... I wonder what Mrs. Chapek thinks?
My wife is watching and she just texted me that no one clapped when Chapek came out. Is this true? Just silence? Because if it is, then that’s incredible.
There was like, maybe 1 person clapping. 🤭

They were probably just staring at his new beard.

But... ouch. He's got to know at this point what the company's fans think of him. You almost kind of feel sorry for him. Almost.

TP2000

"JUST ANNOUNCED: During the Legends Ceremony at D23 Expo, CEO Bob Chapek shared that Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure is expanding with a third attraction with a brand-new story that will bring guests into battle alongside their favorite Super Heroes...

Welcome to base, Recruits!
Right this way, Recruits!
Super Cool Hero Squad needs your help, Recruits!
Pull on that yellow tab, Recruits!
You did it, Recruits!
On to the gift shop, Recruits!
:rolleyes:

mickEblu

Nah, I'm even more convinced its the reintroduction of the E-Ticket, its the "bring guests into battle alongside their favorite Super Heroes" line as that is exactly how they described the Quinn Jet attraction.

Ya that’s what I’m thinking. A Coaster doesn’t really scream “bring guests into battle alongside their favorite superhero’s.” Sounds like what they re describing is taking place on a screen. Of course it could be screens in a coaster like Cosmic Rewind but I wouldn’t put my money on it.

Disney Analyst

But... ouch. He's got to know at this point what the company's fans think of him. You almost kind of feel sorry for him. Almost.

Here's a live stream from inside the audience, lots of clapping, some cheering. The streamer did there own little quiet boo though :p

(I have set it to the time he comes out, just press play)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom