DLR D23 Discussion & News

CaptinEO

Not sure Trowbridge would've tweeted that tweet if all they're doing is removing the PM tracks. That said, I'd still view the removal of the tracks as a positive change for Disneyland. They're ugly and depressing.

Kind of hoping the Avengers E-ticket is dead. Not my cup of tea (and I don't think DCA needs a simulator). Just my opinion.
Towbridge sent a video of the motorcruise area and monorail, not the people mover track. I also agree Avengers is not my cup of tea.

CaptinEO

What would be the purpose of simply removing the tracks and doing nothing else, though?

I could actually see the stunt show happening.
I think Tommorowland will get a visual overhaul announced at D23 (completing whatever they were attempting to do in early 2020). The PM removal will be done for the benefit of future expansion/plans. I also have seen many rumors over the years of Disney wanting Autopia out for future expansion, and the PM track goes over a lot of Autopia.

TP2000

Trowbridge sent a video of the motorcruise area and monorail, not the people mover track. I also agree Avengers is not my cup of tea.

Thank you. I thought I missed something about a PeopleMover mention, but it was really a photo of the Motorboat Cruise loading dock that he Tweeted. Nothing more.

An icy Frozen mini-land north of the Matterhorn, perhaps? :cool:

I don't believe any Imagineer has teased a public Tweet (or even whispered into a twink's ear at the bar) about the PeopleMover, have they?

CaptinEO

Thank you. I thought I missed something about a PeopleMover mention, but it was really a photo of the Motorboat Cruise loading dock that he Tweeted. Nothing more.

An icy Frozen mini-land north of the Matterhorn, perhaps? :cool:

I don't believe any Imagineer has teased a public Tweet (or even whispered into a twink's ear at the bar) about the PeopleMover, have they?
This is why I think ultimately the Matterhorn and Motorboat cruise area are going to be a Frozen mini land, since Disney is all about making lands themed to a movie these days.

TP2000

This is why I think ultimately the Matterhorn and Motorboat cruise area are going to be a Frozen mini land, since Disney is all about making lands themed to a movie these days.

They'd need to do major reconstructive surgery on the Matterhorn then.

I think it would be better to just leave the Matterhorn be, but have that otherwise generic area on its north side meld into a Norwegian village in the old Motorboat Cruise area. The Matterhorn can just be a convenient backdrop of "icy mountain". The horn faces to the south, away from Small World anyway.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I think it would be better to just leave the Matterhorn be, but have that otherwise generic area on its north side meld into a Norwegian village in the old Motorboat Cruise area. The Matterhorn can just be a convenient backdrop of "icy mountain". The horn faces to the south, away from Small World anyway.
They've already got a model of this idea with the Alpine Village on Storybook Canal Boats.

DSC_0106.jpg

mickEblu

They'd need to do major reconstructive surgery on the Matterhorn then.

This would be much preferred and really how Disneyland has always done it.

TP2000

Thanks for the Tweet link @brb1006.

Good thing they've got Lightyear and Sox prominently up there! 😂

In far less snarky news, I was realizing last night while on this thread that Bob Chapek won't be doing the Parks & Resorts presentation this time. He's no longer the Parks Chairman, and instead Josh D'Amaro will do the presentation. That will make it far more easier to watch.

Josh D'Amaro will still have to stick to his script, and dutifully recite whatever cheezy pablum the Legal and HR teams have approved for his Teleprompter. But at least Josh can pull that type of thing off with more sincerity and personality than the charmless robot Bob Chapek ever could.

And then, of course, there will be the ladies in the audience who swoon a bit over Josh. :rolleyes:

Sorry girls, the lanky Italian jogger type just isn't my scene. While I value your diversity, please keep the swooning to a minimum this weekend. Thank you in advance. 🙂

brb1006

Thanks for the Tweet link @brb1006.

Good thing they've got Lightyear and Sox prominently up there! 😂

In far less snarky news, I was realizing last night while on this thread that Bob Chapek won't be doing the Parks & Resorts presentation this time. He's no longer the Parks Chairman, and instead Josh D'Amaro will do the presentation. That will make it far more easier to watch.

Josh D'Amaro will still have to stick to his script, and dutifully recite whatever cheezy pablum the Legal and HR teams have approved for his Teleprompter. But at least Josh can pull that type of thing off with more sincerity and personality than the charmless robot Bob Chapek ever could.

And then, of course, there will be the ladies in the audience who swoon a bit over Josh. :rolleyes:

Sorry girls, the lanky Italian jogger type just isn't my scene. While I value your diversity, please keep the swooning to a minimum this weekend. Thank you in advance. 🙂
Forget Lightyear, I'm happy to see Oswald featured alongside the other D23 promo. Especially since Disney's barely did anything new with Oswald outside of cameos in recent Mickey Mouse shorts and occasional appearances at Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Forget Lightyear, I'm happy to see Oswald featured alongside the other D23 promo. Especially since Disney's barely did anything new with Oswald outside of cameos in recent Mickey Mouse shorts and occasional appearances at Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.
Random thought based on this mention of Oswald, what if the new scene in MMRR features Oswald? Or better yet what if they announce an Oswald attraction coming to the Backlot at DCA?

Just remember you heard it here first if it comes true.... ;):p:cool:

CaptinEO

Other site saying an entirely new nighttime show for DCA will be announced at D23 to replace WoC.
They also said Lightyear Mountain will happen.

Ugh. If this is the case I'm sure the People Mover (if it was brought back) would be hosted by Buzz and his annoying sidekicks.

Buzz Lightyear's Work Commute: Ride It! Staring Sox the Cat: A Toy Story Inspired Adventure!

Anyone attending the panel, please boo them if they do any more destructive overlays or make terrible decisions, these "creatives" are oblivious to feedback and have no idea how to respect Disneyland's legacy.

If this is the case we will have lost the following to overlays in 7 years (2015-2022)

Tower of Terror
California Screaming
Soaring Over California
Bugs Land
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain

Last edited:

brb1006

Random thought based on this mention of Oswald, what if the new scene in MMRR features Oswald? Or better yet what if they announce an Oswald attraction coming to the Backlot at DCA?

Just remember you heard it here first if it comes true.... ;):p:cool:
Still bummed by the canned Disney+ Oswald the Lucky Rabbit series from years back. It was going to be done by the same team behind "The Legend of the Three Caballeros".

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Why? They paid money to be there and if Disney is making bad choices they have more of a right than anyone to express dissatisfaction.
I already explained why.

There are other ways of expressing dissatisfaction, ones that are appropriate. Disney fans can be annoying already, but going to the Expo for a panel, only to hear a bunch of grown, immature, pathetic, childish Disney fans boo because they’re not happy is next level irritating.

Express the dissatisfaction on the forums, write a blog/journal, but booing? How old are we?

CaptinEO

I already explained why.

There are other ways of expressing dissatisfaction, ones that are appropriate. Disney fans can be annoying already, but going to the Expo for a panel, only to hear a bunch of grown, immature, pathetic, childish Disney fans boo because they’re not happy is next level irritating.

Express the dissatisfaction on the forums, write a blog/journal, but booing? How old are we?
Executives are surrounded by yes men all day. My heart wouldn't break if their ego had to be put in check one time in their lives.

Someone making 30 million a year can deal with accountability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom