DLR D23 Discussion & News

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Executives are surrounded by yes men all day. My heart wouldn't break if their ego had to be put in check one time in their lives.

Someone making 30 million a year can deal with accountability.
And yet I’m still mature enough to not boo them during a presentation that I willingly paid for and attended. Booing will not put them in their place or put them in check. Stay home and watch from your living room.

It’s not about hurting feelings, it’s about maturity and having some sense of class.

Stevek

They'd need to do major reconstructive surgery on the Matterhorn then.

I think it would be better to just leave the Matterhorn be, but have that otherwise generic area on its north side meld into a Norwegian village in the old Motorboat Cruise area. The Matterhorn can just be a convenient backdrop of "icy mountain". The horn faces to the south, away from Small World anyway.
They could also retheme the queue area to look like buildings from Arrendale. The whole area quite honestly could be rethemed to fit the movie village.

Stevek

I already explained why.

There are other ways of expressing dissatisfaction, ones that are appropriate. Disney fans can be annoying already, but going to the Expo for a panel, only to hear a bunch of grown, immature, pathetic, childish Disney fans boo because they’re not happy is next level irritating.

Express the dissatisfaction on the forums, write a blog/journal, but booing? How old are we?
Or better yet, express dissatisfaction by ceasing to buy their products or visit their parks. But people won't do that because they can only take their dissatisfaction so far.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Or better yet, express dissatisfaction by ceasing to buy their products or visit their parks. But people won't do that because they can only take their dissatisfaction so far.
Yes, that’s an even better solution. But people aren’t dissatisfied enough, as you stated. I like to keep up with news surrounding the parks, but I’m actually enjoying my time away. No reason for me to boo anyone, I just simply won’t go and will spend my money doing other things.

Stevek

Yes, that’s an even better solution. But people aren’t dissatisfied enough, as you stated. I like to keep up with news surrounding the parks, but I’m actually enjoying my time away. No reason for me to boo anyone, I just simply won’t go and will spend my money doing other things.
Agree, it does seem very childish to spend all that money going to a D23 convention and end up booing someone. As you said above, if you are truly that dissatisfied, stay home. As for the parks, the addiction is real and there are many in our fanbase, probably quite a few on this board, that will never be dissatisfied enough to stop visiting. Like you, I'm looking forward to the break.

TP2000

Can someone please post photos here if anyone shows up at the Expo wearing "Unfavorable Attendance Mix" t-shirts? I'd love to see that happen just for the giggle.

Amazon product ASIN B0B9HLVS97
I saw this news on another website and they say that they will be announcing a new WoC show, not a show to replace WoC entirely which makes more sense.

That makes much more sense.

This would be what, the third or fourth version of that show? I can't imagine they'd ditch the "World Of Color" title, as it has brand equity now and can mean anything really, with just a new tagline on the end.

World Of Color: To Lightspeed With LucasFilm!
World Of Color: A Nite Of Marvel Explosions & Light Steroid Use!
World Of Color: Pixar Still Exists!
World Of Color: Crap That Went Straight To Disney+!

The synergy and theme possibilities are endless for that water show.

Last edited:

Lil Copter Cap

Anyone attending the panel, please boo them if they do any more destructive overlays or make terrible decisions, these "creatives" are oblivious to feedback and have no idea how to respect Disneyland's legacy.

When Imagineers pitch new ideas to executives who start their meetings with, "What IP is this for?" — the creatives are either bending to the will of their supervisors or creating terribly received attractions on purpose to spite them. I promise you it isn't the creatives being oblivious to feedback.

re: Booing (not you specifically, but the discourse that has devolved in this thread)

Booing is a direct way to express frustration and dislike to those in charge. D23 Expo presentations are a performance, after all, and if the audience isn't enjoying what they paid for...booing is more than acceptable. Immediate dissatisfaction from some of Disney's biggest fans wouldn't fall on deaf ears. Further, if people are allowed to applaud and cheer...why not the inverse?

TP2000

Plane is moving to Palm Springs:

Uhh.... Can we talk about Bob Chapek's new look?

The weird Santa Claus's Younger Brother Training Beard he's got going on? What is that? Is it dryer lint or facial hair? Yikes. Did Mrs. Chapek approve that weird beard, or is he having a mid-life crisis while she lives in the beach house alone this summer?

I also laugh that he ditched the nametag. You just know those execs absolutely hate wearing a plastic nametag when they get shuffled over to the Parks Division, forced to lower themselves to the same level as a snackbar kid or a dorky ride operator. Elitist idiots, most of them.

But seriously, that beard isn't working for him. Someone should tell him. He looks almost homeless.

TP2000

Why was it ever in Florida in the first place?

It was on display along the Tram Tour route at MGM Hollywood Studios, the last time I saw it. They desperately needed fake props and "cool stuff!" to liven up that fake backlot tram tour as it drove along drainage canals, so they somehow got Burbank to move the plane out there in the 1980's.

It was cheesy and fake as crap out there, as much of WDW is. It's better for it's longterm survival in SoCal, especially a dry climate like Palm Springs.

Disney Analyst

Uhh.... Can we talk about Bob Chapek's new look? The weird Santa Claus's Younger Brother Training Beard he's got going on? What is that? Is it dryer lint or facial hair? Yikes. Did Mrs. Chapek approve that weird beard, or is he having a mid-life crisis while she lives in the beach house alone?

I love that he ditched the nametag. You just know those execs absolutely hate wearing a plastic nametag when they get shuffled over the Parks Division, lowering them to the same level as a snackbar kid or a dorky ride operator.

But seriously, that beard isn't working for him. Someone should tell him. He looks almost homeless.

I think he looks more handsome with the beard… and nicer… 🥺

TP2000

I think he looks more handsome with the beard… and nicer… 🥺

I need to see a better video and/or photos. From that one Twitvid or whatever it was, it wasn't flattering.

Honestly, at first I thought something was smudged on my screen. Then I realized it was pure white facial hair on Bob Chapek and I almost shrieked out loud.

Maybe it looks better in person? Or in different lighting?

Or after you've had three drinks and it's almost Last Call?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom