Disney's Social Media in the Wake of Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrerJon

But to continue to suggest the "non gays" can't grieve is irresponsible and attention seeking.

There are some non-gays who have no right to grieve.

Those who have spent a decade or more trying to remove or restrict the rights of gay people in the name of religion have given up their right to make public statements of mourning. Anyone who has ever voted for a restriction on marriage, use of bathroom, or any other gay rights removal, or has given money to the NRA or campaigned against an assault weapons ban, all of them have blood on their hands as the tragic events are Pulse are what happens when over time you build up a climate where a minority is considered inferior, and they have no right to express sadness when in many way it's their fault the tragedy has happened.

oceanbreeze77

Unconfirmed, but I've heard NBCU quietly offered to pay travel expenses for family of TMs killed or injured in the attack. A class act. Meanwhile as of this hour, outside a statement from the CEO, no public comment from WDW.

The best analogy I can think of is when the AFL cancelled games following the Kennedy assassination but the NFL did not.
In pretty sure it was confirmed as multiple outlets/ employees at Uni stated it.

oceanbreeze77

It is being said that there will be a "raise your wands" vigil for the public around closing time tmr, and for the uni employees after closing to honor their fallen team mate.

WEDwaydatamover

I have been sitting silent for 2 days now reading all the posts here and there.

Disney should not be following Universals footsteps and shutting down attractions where a deceased cast member once stood.

If reports are true they can't even follow basic flag protocol.

Cast members should not be allowed to go rogue and decide moments of silence even at the Governor's request.

People come to WDW to leave today, enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

It's a horrible situation and this forum is spinning wildly out of control. Too many little agitators with too many little agendas at play. You know who you are!

How about a real moment of silence on this thread.

Put your silence where your mouth is or better yet don't...

Show yourself for who you really are.

21stamps

Those who have spent a decade or more trying to remove or restrict the rights of gay people in the name of religion have given up their right to make public statements of mourning. Anyone who has ever voted for a restriction on marriage, use of bathroom, or any other gay rights removal, or has given money to the NRA or campaigned against an assault weapons ban, all of them have blood on their hands as the tragic events are Pulse are what happens when over time you build up a climate where a minority is considered inferior, and they have no right to express sadness when in many way it's their fault the tragedy has happened.
You forgot to add - Anyone who ever made a negative remark at or about a Latino.

Why post such nonsense and aggression?

There has been over 2.4 million dollars raised on gofundme for the victims and families in less than 24 hours. There is an outpouring of love in the USA and around the world. The country and the world are standing together in support. But it's not enough for some here?

There's no way to comprehend the level of hate that someone can have inside of them to commit such an atrocity, there is no way to rationalize those acts. Everyone is trying to do what they can to help.

Stop attacking the people who didn't commit this crime. I just don't understand why you and a few others are so intent on making this a political issue.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes, they do. Additionally, the city of Orlando is offering grief counselors for anyone who needs help.

Somewhat related to your comment above, thought I'd share that the Boston Fire Department is sending down two grief counselors to the Orlando Fire Department, to help support the firefighters who worked on the scene of the tragedy. (Link below from Channel 5, WCVB, in Boston, MA.)

http://www.wcvb.com/news/boston-fire-department-sending-support-councilors-to-orlando/40029622

21stamps

Somewhat related to your comment above, thought I'd share that the Boston Fire Department is sending down two grief counselors to the Orlando Fire Department, to help support the firefighters who worked on the scene of the tragedy. (Link below from Channel 5, WCVB, in Boston, MA.)

http://www.wcvb.com/news/boston-fire-department-sending-support-councilors-to-orlando/40029622
I can't copy and paste here, but here's another example of a coalition who formed to counsel people and provide support-
image.jpeg

To the people set on bickering- Let love and goodness triumph, there are examples of it all around.

JohnD

All kinds of political arguments I could engage here. Your post is tantamount to "I believe this way because I say so therefore you have no right to disagree." It doesn't work that way in a free society.

MattM

That's as narrow minded as those you claim have no right to grieve. Loss of life is loss of life. But there is no chance of you realizing how foolish you sound, I'm afraid. It's certainly not tolerant.

MattM

That is easy to say if you're not part of a group that has a long history of being persecuted.
Ok. You have shown to be a fascinating journey into the mindset of a millennial. It's a sad and scary glimpse into the future of not being able to handle differing opinions (safe spaces for all, except those we disagree with). All you have accomplished in this thread, besides showing the shallowness needed from a social media post, is that there is equal hatred and intolerance on the side that constantly claims hatred and intolerance against them.

I know it's important to millennials, so you can be right, and you can have the last word. Good luck!

Cesar R M

The company may not, but individual Entertainment venues from all the theme parks are showing support on social media. It's cliché, but a lot of the gay community LOVES theme parks, and a lot of them LOVE Entertainment. I doubt there are any theme park performers who are more than two degrees separated from one of the victims.
View attachment 145735
is there a big version of the collection of images?

Cesar R M

Oh, LORD, that guy. It could just have been poor timing, but from what I've heard, Texas doesn't exactly hold him in the highest regard.
he's not the only one. 2 ultra facists Mexican high ranking officials from the PAN (conservatives) Mexican party where exactly like the Texas guy.
One even said "so bad only 50 were killed, could have been 100".
He was fired once the governor read what he wrote.
Disgusting people.

JohnD

And love is love, and yet many Americans spent years and years and millions of dollars trying to stop gay marriage.

There is a difference between civil unions and marriage. Civil unions are a government precept set up for couples to be united under government laws so as to receive benefits. That is a contract with the government.

I need not go into the theology but suffice it to say religions such as Judaism and Christianty view marriage as a holy sacrament--a covenant that has been in place for thousands of years. A much different thing. It's not like they can just throw it away because you declare "love is love." Actually love isn't love. I love all humankind because God created us. I show compassion out of love. I love my dog. My fraternity says, "I love and respect all my brothers." I give blood out of love for the wounded in the hospital. I love going to Disney World. But none of that is romantic love. It's not that simple.

Just because one has a deeply held belief about marriage doesn't mean he/she has any less compassion about the victims in Orlando.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom