Disney's producing a live-action Beauty and the Beast movie

fractal

How do you feel about the animated version, as Belle is American in it?

When one thinks about it, one realizes none of the Disney princesses sound like they should, based on the country of origin their tales are adapted from. They're all voiced with American accents.

I'm good with the American accent in original Beauty. Don't ask me why, may have something to do with animated vs. live action?

A thick British accent for a French girl just doesn't fit, IMO.

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I like the overall look, but the characters don't do much for me. I'm still not crazy about Emma Watson as Belle (she looks nothing like her besides being a brunette). Gaston needs to be a big dude, this guy looks kind of average. The beast doesn't look as beastly as he should.
Er.....

The original was a cartoon. You know that, right?
Struggling with Emma Watson's political views and her role...

Such as? I would LOVE to hear this.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
upload_2017-1-8_12-9-42.png

TyTrap

I heard Ariana Grande and John Legend are doing a rendition of beauty & the beast for the film. I hope this is just for the credits roll and not in the actual film. Their style doesn't belong in this.

Figments Friend

Happened to be strolling through my local Toys R' Us store earlier today, and noticed they already have a slew of merchandise on the shelves related to this new film.

Some nice looking items, the best I saw being the Beast & Belle doll set based on the live action film versions of the characters.
Collectors, or folks who just like nice looking Disney dolls, might find it worth checking these out.

Other items included a musical light up Enchanted Rose ( under its dome ) jewelry container, small but nicely detailed action figures, dress up items, and a Mrs. Potts play tea set.

-

Sped2424

Celine Dion has announced she is singing a new song for the end credits of the film titled "How does a moment last forever" . This is one of the three new songs for the film and she is singing a cover which is sure to be exciting. Also for the end credits are Ariana Grande and John Legend singing "Beauty and the Beast".

Sped2424

I did! The moral- it doesn't matter what you look like, though being rich REALLY helps.
I disagree with that view. Gaston was wealthy, human, and well respected in the community and yet belle negated all his advances because at his core he was a terrible man. By all accounts the Beast was a pariah doomed to live in a cursed castle and yet Belle saw something more in him because of who he is on the inside rather than what he is. I know feminism can be a buzz word but for me and many others it just means someone who believes women deserve equal rights as men do in all aspects! Which when thinking about Belle to me that seems very in line with her character!

Matt_Black

The moral- the heck with democracy. Gaston was, for all intents and purposes, the democratically elected leader of the village. And, he held a trial for the Beast in which the village found the Beast guilty of being a monster. And yet, all that is thrown away at the end of the movie. Now you might say, "Hey wait, that so-called 'trial' wasn't fair!" But really, doesn't the fault lie with Belle for not providing an adequate defense? All those books she read, there had to be at least one legal book!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The moral- the heck with democracy. Gaston was, for all intents and purposes, the democratically elected leader of the village. And, he held a trial for the Beast in which the village found the Beast guilty of being a monster. And yet, all that is thrown away at the end of the movie. Now you might say, "Hey wait, that so-called 'trial' wasn't fair!" But really, doesn't the fault lie with Belle for not providing an adequate defense? All those books she read, there had to be at least one legal book!
:hilarious:

Matt_Black

It's funny because it's true. Look at where and when the movie takes place and tell me if it isn't a rebuke of the principles of the foundation of our American society.

Sped2424

Legal like paying the asylum keeper to arrest her father on false charges lol Also Democratically elected leader? Did he have a title other than town hunter. What he did was fear mongering my friend not holding a trial.

Matt_Black

Legal like paying the asylum keeper to arrest her father on false charges lol Also Democratically elected leader? Did he have a title other than town hunter. What he did was fear mongering my friend not holding a trial.

Gaston was LOBBYING the asylum keeper. Maurice was clearly a danger to himself and others. He built a siege weapon for crying out loud for the express purpose of proving wrong those who thought he was mad. That's Doctor Doom stuff right there.

And you'll note that despite the nearest authority figure having disappeared for over a decade, the village was notably free of crime and pillaging bandits and highwaymen. Oh, sure, we see one guy in the stocks, but given the social mores of the day, that was probably for something like declaring the Earth revolves around the Sun or buggery. And the reason? Would YOU want to rob a town knowing you'd have to face Gaston? He stood for law and order!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom