Disney's producing a live-action Beauty and the Beast movie

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
I hope the Beast will look like the cartoon version as much as possible. It's a great design.

You know, much as I love BatB, the animation in some parts looks very rushed and downright sloppy. That's because the suits at Disney at the time cared more about scheduling than quality. A live-action version - if done with care - could actually be an improvement on the original. Here's hoping...

So excited for the music, love Menken! As for the style of Beast, I'm not sure if they can stay that true to the original Disney version of Beast. While Beast isn't that scary in the animated version, it is very difficult to portray that in live action, even with CGI. I'm excited for it as BatB is my favorite! I also saw the Broadway play when I was younger... and it was amazing!

Jabbas

I read an article earlier about this today. Is it true their also doing a little mermaid, Peter Pan, and jungle book remake? If so, this is awesome. I think the Peter Pan is legit but I read that Sofia Coppola is doing the Little Mermaid.

Matt_Black

I read an article earlier about this today. Is it true their also doing a little mermaid, Peter Pan, and jungle book remake? If so, this is awesome. I think the Peter Pan is legit but I read that Sofia Coppola is doing the Little Mermaid.

They did a Jungle Book remake about twenty years ago with Brandon Scott Lee.

Californian Elitist

So I'm guessing all of the cartoons will eventually be made into live action films? Clearly, they're running out of ideas for films.

There are multiple Peter Pan-type films in the works right now. If Disney is planning to make a film adaptation of their cartoon version, then I won't be excited for it.

Sped2424

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/bill-condon-beauty-and-the-beast-disney-1201151834/

Well, THIS will be interesting. I wonder what the Beast will look like?

I only hope to GOD this won't be "Wicked" with fur.... :p

The really good news is - it's going to be a musical, and the wonderful Ashman/Menken songs will be used. YES!!!!
wait it's seriously going to be a musical? Because I think that's a whole lot of the charm missing from these live action adaptations. I really hope they have a good script this time, because Maleficent was just good in my book, when it should have been fantastic. Not a bad film though, above oz the great and powerful and alice but not by much. What I do like about this beast film is that none of the producers, writers, etc from oz or alice are on this which I am quite pleased with. I think they have proven they have a taste for visual flairs, but stories that really lack much else.

brb1006

New images
CtJuG5e.png

LPzd2Ro.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom