Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Figment82

What group on Facebook was it being discussed on? I’ve googled, searched Twitter, and tried a Facebook search, but am coming up with nothing. I’m interested in reading through some of the reports 😁
It’s the “runDisneyRun” group. The cover image looks like this:
9D938C80-BEF2-4D03-9168-4E5382A8DBEE.jpeg

If you search for “Bruno,” and sort posts by most recent, it should show up. 😂 The runner whose bibs were stolen is named Misty. It’s an entertaining read!

Last edited:

Figment82

I also saw lots of posts from this morning about non-existent buses at some of the resorts, long lines for buses at DHS, slow moving buses to get to Epcot, and other problems due to that road construction. Looks like the start was delayed 15 minutes?

I hope everyone made it to their corral starting group on time, and the rest of their race was stress-free and awesome!

Wine&Disney

My sister and I just ran the 10k on Saturday and have not gotten our photos. Will We get them or not. I am seeing on Instagram a lot of runners have gotten there’s already.😢😡Maybe photo pass doesn’t like us idk.

Figment82

My sister and I just ran the 10k on Saturday and have not gotten our photos. Will We get them or not. I am seeing on Instagram a lot of runners have gotten there’s already.😢😡Maybe photo pass doesn’t like us idk.
I’ve heard some people have had success in relinking their code to their MDX account (just adding it again as if it’s a brand new code).

Otherwise, if nothing has appeared in 3-4 days, I would recommend contacting PhotoPass. They have a form for missing photos. The more information you can provide (what you were wearing, approximate finish time, etc.), the easier it is for them to track your photos down.

Congrats on your run!

Wine&Disney

I’ve heard some people have had success in relinking their code to their MDX account (just adding it again as if it’s a brand new code).

Otherwise, if nothing has appeared in 3-4 days, I would recommend contacting PhotoPass. They have a form for missing photos. The more information you can provide (what you were wearing, approximate finish time, etc.), the easier it is for them to track your photos down.

Congrats on your run!
Thank you📸🏃‍♀️

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
We don't talk about transportation on Sunday...no no no...

I was working main entrance at EPCOT and SO many people were coming in between 430-5a..SO many. I found out afterwards what was happening. The PROBLEM is - they have 3rd party (Academy) bus drivers for race mornings because Disney doesn't have enough bus drivers to begin with and they were all getting lost - ESPECIALLY once the roads got closed.

I feel bad - BUT AT THE SAME TIME - the race guide says to be AT EPCOT (not DHS, not on World Drive) BY 4am. Now after the race getting back to DHS? no excuse.

Rteetz

We don't talk about transportation on Sunday...no no no...

I was working main entrance at EPCOT and SO many people were coming in between 430-5a..SO many. I found out afterwards what was happening. The PROBLEM is - they have 3rd party (Academy) bus drivers for race mornings because Disney doesn't have enough bus drivers to begin with and they were all getting lost - ESPECIALLY once the roads got closed.

I feel bad - BUT AT THE SAME TIME - the race guide says to be AT EPCOT (not DHS, not on World Drive) BY 4am. Now after the race getting back to DHS? no excuse.
I know of runners who were at resorts and out with what should've been plenty of time and waiting 30+ minutes to get on a bus and then were stuck on buses. It seemed very reminiscent of Marathon 2020 where the race was delayed due to the same issues.

the.dreamfinder

I know of runners who were at resorts and out with what should've been plenty of time and waiting 30+ minutes to get on a bus and then were stuck on buses. It seemed very reminiscent of Marathon 2020 where the race was delayed due to the same issues.
This

I was staying in a resort at Crescent Lake and got to the bus stop the same time I had for the 10k; 3:35. There was a bus load of runners ahead of me and my bus didn’t come until 4:45. Add in a quick stop to gear check and I wasn’t able to make it to my corral.

Having event parking moved to DHS likely didn’t help with bus staffing either.

I no longer use the academy busses to get to the expo, having wasted time in the past, but yesterday was unacceptable.

Rteetz

I saw a post on instagram that they wrote an email to runDisney yesterday after the race about the transportation and today received a call from someone at runDisney in management. They said the construction did impact their options of course and that the goal was to keep the course pretty much the same. runDisney appears to be listening and knows that yesterday did no go well.

the.dreamfinder

I saw a post on instagram that they wrote an email to runDisney yesterday after the race about the transportation and today received a call from someone at runDisney in management. They said the construction did impact their options of course and that the goal was to keep the course pretty much the same. runDisney appears to be listening and knows that yesterday did no go well.
I’m glad the weather was better yesterday than it was on Saturday when the humidity was worse. Those temp ramps plus humidity in the morning can be awful.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
oh...yes we know. I was unaware until I heard the fireworks go off 15 minutes late.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Same happened for the 2017 Princess Half, for the same reason.

I would be unhappy if I got to my resort bus stop 15 minutes before buses started running and was late to my starting group due to transportation snafus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom