Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
For those interested in the numbers...

View attachment 624654
That’s interesting, I know the overall numbers were almost certainly limited due to Covid concerns, but the total women in the Half Marathon dropped by a little over 40% while the total male participants only dropped a little less than 25% from 2020. For the 10k numbers dropped roughly 15% female and 3.5% male. The number of male participants has definitely grown over time, but the proportion seems to have had an usually large jump compared to the past trend.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That’s interesting, I know the overall numbers were almost certainly limited due to Covid concerns, but the total women in the Half Marathon dropped by a little over 40% while the total male participants only dropped a little less than 25% from 2020. For the 10k numbers dropped roughly 15% female and 3.5% male. The number of male participants has definitely grown over time, but the proportion seems to have had an usually large jump compared to the past trend.

Will be interesting to see what the numbers are for the Springtime Surprise, given it's the inaugural year.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You didn’t have something obscuring your bib number I hope? I’m not sure about races at WDW, but at DLP they use the bib number to identify you.

Same for WDW races - your bib number is used to identify you. However, for one race several years ago, 2 photos of another couple appeared in my race photos. I wasn't near them for the photographer to pick up my bib. Weird.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Same for WDW races - your bib number is used to identify you. However, for one race several years ago, 2 photos of another couple appeared in my race photos. I wasn't near them for the photographer to pick up my bib. Weird.
I’ve had that happen before, it’s usually due to having a similar bib number. One of the numbers on the stranger’s bib can get caught in a glare, weird angle, or partially obscured such that it make Disney’s computer read it as another number.

@the.dreamfinder I read on one of the Facebook groups where some other people had issues with race photos not linking up after their Princess 2022 races. One or two had gone back and re-entered their bib number code into Photopass and they started showing up soon thereafter. I’d recommend trying that, maybe it didn’t “catch” in the system the first time you entered it?

NeedMoreMickey

I've finally signed up for my first runDisney event at WDW. My sister and I are signed up for the Princess 10k through a charity site. My niece wanted to be sure to be able to register for the challenge that weekend so she did it all through the charity site. Now need to come up with ideas on how to raise money for the charity donation, this is all new to me. This will be my first time participating in a runDisney event, I watched my niece run in February and April this year. Kind of excited even though I'll have to walk the race.

My niece is on her honeymoon Disney cruise now and texted me asking if I can find out the theme for the Princess weekend. Any ideas?

pdude81

I've finally signed up for my first runDisney event at WDW. My sister and I are signed up for the Princess 10k through a charity site. My niece wanted to be sure to be able to register for the challenge that weekend so she did it all through the charity site. Now need to come up with ideas on how to raise money for the charity donation, this is all new to me. This will be my first time participating in a runDisney event, I watched my niece run in February and April this year. Kind of excited even though I'll have to walk the race.

My niece is on her honeymoon Disney cruise now and texted me asking if I can find out the theme for the Princess weekend. Any ideas?
Normally they show the race themes on the virtual page first, but you'd have to keep checking back on the event pages to see when they show up. I imagine it'll be pretty soon given the early registration starts in a week or so.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

Congratulations. And as long as you don’t have mobility issues that would prevent you from running, you do have plenty of time to safely start a training program to complete a 10k.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom