Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Swissmiss

Premium Member
And now that it has warmed up here to about the same temperatures as there, I think Iā€™ll go for a virtual solidarity run with yā€™all. Just maybe not quite so long šŸ˜‰

Swissmiss

Premium Member
One degree cooler than WDW

Yes but this afternoon I went out to the grocery store in tank top with a raw threads hoodie over it and it was just the perfect amount of clothing (itā€˜s 60 degrees). I hope itā€™s colder up in the mountains, because my boss just left for a week skiing with his kids šŸ¤£

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yes but this afternoon I went out to the grocery store in tank top with a raw threads hoodie over it and it was just the perfect amount of clothing (itā€˜s 60 degrees). I hope itā€™s colder up in the mountains, because my boss just left for a week skiing with his kids šŸ¤£

What, no pants? Things must be interesting in Switzerland....

surfsupdon

Nice job all you Princess Runners!!! Iā€™m following from afar.

But on a side note, I took a wrong turn and stumbled into a Star Wars thread and everyone was talking about the @Demarke Method but nobody was explaining how it worked and I couldnā€™t find where it was explained. Tell me Demarke for my upcoming Senior Trip next month. Thanks!! I want to ride again and I certainly want to help my students out!!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I šŸ‘ you?
Premium Member
Nice job all you Princess Runners!!! Iā€™m following from afar.

But on a side note, I took a wrong turn and stumbled into a Star Wars thread and everyone was talking about the @Demarke Method but nobody was explaining how it worked and I couldnā€™t find where it was explained. Tell me Demarke for my upcoming Senior Trip next month. Thanks!! I want to ride again and I certainly want to help my students out!!

Haha, yeah that kind of took on a life of itā€™s own, but I havenā€™t had a boarding group worse than 3rd overall in 7/8 times I used it (app glitched one morning and I had to restart it to stop getting ā€œsomething went wrongā€ messages, so ended up with a late group), so I can at least certify that it worked for me every time the app didnā€™t glitch!

Here it is:

No problem at all, waiting on the expo bus, so have some time! Hereā€™s step by step what I do.

For an 8:00 opening:
7:30 - Get into park; get situated with what ride you want to do first
7:35-7:40ish - Make sure wifi and Bluetooth are off; swipe any and all open programs closed; turn off phone so it has time to do a full shut down refresh
7:55 - Turn phone back on but donā€™t click on anything, apps or otherwise
7:57:30 - Open Disney app so it has a moment to do its initial load, but donā€™t click anything in the app yet
8:00:00 on the dot - Click ā€œFind Out Moreā€ (I watch the seconds tick up on my watch with the app open on my phone in the other hand ready to click as close to that instant as possible)
- if ā€œjoin groupā€ is available on that next screen, click it and select your party, itā€™s been about 50/50 for me whether itā€™s been available immediately
- if ā€œjoin groupā€ is not available, immediately click ā€œCheck Statusā€ and ā€œJoin Boarding Groupā€ should be available on the next screen
8:01 - Profit!! šŸ˜‰

Hope this helps!

For the restart, itā€™s not necessary to keep the phone off for a full ten or fifteen minutes (5 has been plenty when Iā€™ve run late) I just find it more peaceful having it off longer while everyone else is pecking away at their phones around you.

For groups, a couple of things to remember: 1) it will ask you to select your boarding party from those youā€™re connected with, it streamlines things if you have no one else in your connections that wonā€™t be riding with you because that allows you to ā€œselect all,ā€ 2) everyone in the boarding group can try for a group at the same time, so do that, and he first person to get through will have the lowest boarding group and the rest of their party will just get a screen notifying them they are already in one once they get to that step in the process.

Finally, it probably doesnā€™t matter, but if you arenā€™t there early enough to be in good position for an early ride on one of the other popular rides, I like to do my selection in the open area in front of the Chinese theater. In my mind, having less people there and less stuff in a 20 yard radius around you to interfere with a cell signal is a good thing. Again, probably doesnā€™t matter but Iā€™ve gotten first overall group every time Iā€™ve selected from that spot, but have still gotten 2nd or 3rd from the Slinky Dog line and from ToT/RnR holding area.

Good luck and have fun!!

7F173EB9-EB47-4DD5-837A-FF99E500B052.jpeg

Last edited:

draybook

Yes. There are printers available in the building you turn in your waivers to get your bib.

Figured out the problem. Somehow, I had her birth year the same as mine. Hope they can change it at the expo. Sheā€™s already not enjoying turning 39 on Tuesday, being listed as 42 would make it even worse. Ironically, our printer was out of ink so we have to print it out down here.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Figured out the problem. Somehow, I had her birth year the same as mine. Hope they can change it at the expo. Sheā€™s already not enjoying turning 39 on Tuesday, being listed as 42 would make it even worse. Ironically, our printer was out of ink so we have to print it out down here.

You're going to need some major "I'm really, really, really sorry I mistyped your birthdate" makeup bling from the Expo. šŸ˜‰

surfsupdon

Thank you bud. I will try this.

From Marathon Weekend I rode, and got group 62. So I had a long time to wait. I enjoyed the Jamaica quiet pool :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Haha, yeah that kind of took on a life of itā€™s own, but I havenā€™t had a boarding group worse than 3rd overall in 7/8 times I used it (app glitched one morning and I had to restart it to stop getting ā€œsomething went wrongā€ messages, so ended up with a late group), so I can at least certify that it worked for me every time the app didnā€™t glitch!

Here it is:

For the restart, itā€™s not necessary to keep the phone off for a full ten or fifteen minutes (5 has been plenty when Iā€™ve run late) I just find it more peaceful having it off longer while everyone else is pecking away at their phones around you.

For groups, a couple of things to remember: 1) it will ask you to select your boarding party from those youā€™re connected with, it streamlines things if you have no one else in your connections that wonā€™t be riding with you because that allows you to ā€œselect all,ā€ 2) everyone in the boarding group can try for a group at the same time, so do that, and he first person to get through will have the lowest boarding group and the rest of their party will just get a screen notifying them they are already in one once they get to that step in the process.

Finally, it probably doesnā€™t matter, but if you arenā€™t there early enough to be in good position for an early ride on one of the other popular rides, I like to do my selection in the open area in front of the Chinese theater. In my mind, having less people there and less stuff in a 20 yard radius around you to interfere with a cell signal is a good thing. Again, probably doesnā€™t matter but Iā€™ve gotten first overall group every time Iā€™ve selected from that spot, but have still gotten 2nd or 3rd from the Slinky Dog line and from ToT/RnR holding area.

Good luck and have fun!!

View attachment 451105

Is it that difficult getting a boarding group?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I šŸ‘ you?
Premium Member
Is it that difficult getting a boarding group?

Not difficult to get one, but fairly difficult to get a good one in the early groups groups if you want to get in and have plans at another park or something else without waiting around Hollywood studios all day. The goal for the folks on that thread is mostly to get in and out early each time so You can do whatever else you want to with the rest of the day

LAKid53

Premium Member
Good luck to everyone running this morning. Sadly, I can't join you as my back finally rebelled and said, "NO!" rather emphatically. But I can hear the fireworks from each starting wave. šŸ„°

Good luck, stay warm and most important, have fun!

LAKid53

Premium Member
I am not impressed with Runner's Square. If runDisney expected it to be a reasonable substitution for the Race Retreat, they are sadly deluded. Nothing for post race, but hot beverages, chocolate milk and Odwalla smoothies. Pre-race was hot beverages and bananas. At least that's what was available by the time I got there at 4:40, thanks to our bus driver. šŸ˜ 

The best part of the race retreat was that ENCLOSED tent that was air conditioned when it was hot and heated when it was cold. Those infrared heaters didn't cut it yesterday, either in the morning or after the race, when the wind picked up.

Why not set up the tents in the same spot the race retreat was? The signs to find runners square were lacking and misleading. I had to ask 2 rD staff where it was as one sign pointed you in the opposite direction. šŸ™„

I loved as you exited, the tent to sell you membership in Club runDisney.

I am one who gladly shells out the $120 for the race retreat every year. I will certainly let rD know my displeasure if I get a survey this race.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom