Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm sitting princess out (I hate the course) but I'm hoping they'll announce 2021 Star Wars soon(ish).

They have. April 15th - 18th. Registration opens July 14th. And finally, the Virtual Half January through March with registration opening the same day in July.

Here's the calendar.

ljshgr3879812-1024x576.jpg

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
confirmed. (with someone who sells rD on the Disney-side of things).
If you’re planning on staying on-site anyway, you can usually get early registration (or even late on sold out races) from travel agents, but those are probably going quick now too. I used No Guilt for Princess this year after it was sold out and got the same rate on an All Star resort that I qualified for as a pass holder and got a sold out challenge bib for cheaper than through runDisney (discovered that they don’t charge the 6% service charge through a travel agent) but still could link everything up to my runDisney and MDE accounts. I’ve started staying offsite since they seemed to have inflated onsite prices more the last few races, so I still try to register the regular way if I can help it, but found the agent route to be pretty smooth the one time I’ve done it.

LAKid53

Premium Member
If you’re planning on staying on-site anyway, you can usually get early registration (or even late on sold out races) from travel agents, but those are probably going quick now too. I used No Guilt for Princess this year after it was sold out and got the same rate on an All Star resort that I qualified for as a pass holder and got a sold out challenge bib for cheaper than through runDisney (discovered that they don’t charge the 6% service charge through a travel agent) but still could link everything up to my runDisney and MDE accounts. I’ve started staying offsite since they seemed to have inflated onsite prices more the last few races, so I still try to register the regular way if I can help it, but found the agent route to be pretty smooth the one time I’ve done it.

Important question. Are you running Princess in 2021? Or are you going to focus on Dopey?

Demarke

Premium Member
Important question. Are you running Princess in 2021? Or are you going to focus on Dopey?

I don’t think so this year unfortunately, I deferred my 2020 Governor’s Cup Half Marathon registration so I could do Princess that weekend and it falls on the same weekend again in 2021 (and with my new firm it’s a little more difficult to work in 3 trips in two months if I end up doing the Universal 5k/10k again next year too).

For 2021, I think my Disney racing plans will be: the Marathon only (planning to do another Dopey 2022), Star Wars (all races), Wine and Dine (all races), and probably Paris half weekend (all three). Although, who knows, if they relax the registration limitations and release more spots in a few months, I could always change my mind and ditch the Gov’s Cup again! 😁

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
I don’t think so this year unfortunately, I deferred my 2020 Governor’s Cup Half Marathon registration so I could do Princess that weekend and it falls on the same weekend again in 2021 (and with my new firm it’s a little more difficult to work in 3 trips in two months if I end up doing the Universal 5k/10k again next year too).

For 2021, I think my Disney racing plans will be: the Marathon only (planning to do another Dopey 2022), Star Wars (all races), Wine and Dine (all races), and probably Paris half weekend (all three). Although, who knows, if they relax the registration limitations and release more spots in a few months, I could always change my mind and ditch the Gov’s Cup again! 😁

Regular registration opens this Tuesday for Princess.

You are doing the 2020 W&D, correct?

LAKid53

Premium Member
According to posts on FB, Princess sold out fast during regular registration.

SW next month is going to be a nightmare. :eek:

LAKid53

Premium Member
I finally got through the queue about 10:25 (trying to help family get in) and only the 5k was left. When I refreshed it was all gone. Completely sold out by about 10:28 today.

I have a question. You mentioned you registered for this year's Princess through one of the travel agencies and was able to link your registration to your rD account. I've done the same for the W&D 5K using one of the charities. How did you link it?

Demarke

Premium Member
Sorry, @dreamfinder, this was meant for @Demarke, lol.
That was for this past year, but they give you a link to register when you are ready that is attached to a firm registration spot. I think you just have to ask the travel agents what inventory is left. From what I understand they have a separate pool that opens up early and typically is available late. I have only used it to register late, but from reading the blog posts on No Guilt and some others, it seems they have somewhat early access too. Basically, they send you a link to sign up for the race(s) and a code to enter to link your hotel on MDE. I think the only requirement is that you book at least a two night stay on property through them to get access to the bib.

Here’s some more thorough info on the process: https://noguiltdisney.com/how-to-register-for-a-sold-out-rundisney-race/

Last edited:

Figment82

Honestly, I wish they would delay registrations for a while. I know that the revenue coming in is nice for Disney, but when we don’t even know what the theme park and running experiences will look like in November, much less January or February, it’s just causing extra anxiety and stress.

I’m worried for SW next month. I now realize how crazy lucky I was with Marathon Weekend, and missing out on SW means the end of my perfect streak. 🙁 Such a bummer when I was all set to go this year, and will now have to fight it out again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom