Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Whelp, Disney has done it to me again!

As some of you may remember from Wine & Dine, Disney photographers caught this picture of me, forever brandishing me as the Assholder amongst my racing peers.
80B81CE1-EA77-40F7-A847-807E361EE5E3.png

As Jackie Chiles would say about this portrayal:
DC774F93-3B36-4986-B027-6C4B6F29416C.jpeg

With many difficult months of soul searching and self-reflection, I was mostly able to put this behind me and come in upbeat and excited for this race, that is, until picking up my bib for the challenge races today.
BA9BD12B-4314-4995-BB9A-B12D20862E64.jpeg

Yes, you are seeing that correctly, at the race with probably close to a 10/1 girl-to-guy ratio, runDisney has given this given this single man ED. Now, ED is obviously not a development any man would welcome, much less have it thrust upon them by the supposedly “most family friendly mega-corporation in the world” instead of finding out through a private conversation with their physician. Even worse, I’ve been informed that I cannot participate in the races this weekend unless I wear this pronouncement emblazoned across my chest in full view of the thousands of race participants, spectators, and park visitors like some modern-day scarlett letter!
C70BD8B8-0E6B-4E50-A6A6-C5EF189BAB0B.jpeg

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Int
Whelp, Disney has done it to me again!

As some of you may remember from Wine & Dine, Disney photographers caught this picture of me, forever brandishing me as the Assholder amongst my racing peers.
View attachment 450638
As Jackie Chiles would say about this portrayal:
View attachment 450639
With many difficult months of soul searching and self-reflection, I was mostly able to put this behind me and come in upbeat and excited for this race, that is, until picking up my bib for the challenge races today.
View attachment 450640
Yes, you are seeing that correctly, at the race with probably close to a 10/1 girl-to-guy ratio, runDisney has given this given this single man ED. Now, ED is obviously not a development any man would welcome, much less have it thrust upon them by the supposedly “most family friendly mega-corporation in the world.” Even worse, I’ve been informed that I cannot participate in the races this weekend unless I wear this pronouncement emblazoned across my chest in full view of the thousands of race participants, spectators, and park visitors like some modern-day scarlett letter!
View attachment 450641
Indeed it is Jackie, indeed it is.

Interesting that you're in E...the next to the last corral....for the 10K, but D for the Half. I'm in C/F.

Demarke

Premium Member
Int

Interesting that you're in E...the next to the last corral....for the 10K, but D for the Half. I'm in C/F.
I thought so too! I submitted sub-2:30 for the half marathon but put 10-12 minutes as anticipated pace for the 10k and couldn’t change it by the time I noticed (I’m down to right around 9:00/miles for 10k now). Even so, I was really surprised to be so far back, unless basically none of the walkers selected “over 12:00” when they registered.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I thought so too! I submitted sub-2:30 for the half marathon but put 10-12 minutes as anticipated pace for the 10k and couldn’t change it by the time I noticed (I’m down to right around 9:00/miles for 10k now). Even so, I was really surprised to be so far back, unless basically none of the walkers selected “over 12:00” when they registered.

Did you go to Race Relations at the Expo and see if you could get it changed? If not, try tomorrow. If I'm in C, you should be there also...

Demarke

Premium Member
Did you go to Race Relations at the Expo and see if you could get it changed? If not, try tomorrow. If I'm in C, you should be there also...
I didn’t think they made exceptions, but that’s a good idea, I may just do that if I have time, but I’m a little leery that the time to fight it may be more than the time I’d save on race day. Expo was a madhouse today, I’ve never seen 1000 people waiting in line to just get into a room to start shopping before, I’ll just pick over whatever’s left at the merch tent on race day!

draybook

My wife is doing the half marathon on Sunday. I'm on the RunDisney website and it's not pulling her info up when I try to complete the waiver. Anyone have any ideas? I see where she's registered for the race.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I didn’t think they made exceptions, but that’s a good idea, I may just do that if I have time, but I’m a little leery that the time to fight it may be more than the time I’d save on race day. Expo was a madhouse today, I’ve never seen 1000 people waiting in line to just get into a room to start shopping before, I’ll just pick over whatever’s left at the merch tent on race day!

The line to pick up pre-ordered merchandise was as long as the line to pay for merchandise. And I got there around 12:30.

LAKid53

Premium Member
My wife is doing the half marathon on Sunday. I'm on the RunDisney website and it's not pulling her info up when I try to complete the waiver. Anyone have any ideas? I see where she's registered for the race.

So inputting her last name & birthdate isn't pulling up anything?

LAKid53

Premium Member
She's got a bib number and all of that so not sure why it's showing that. I'm assuming that it's not unusual for people to sign waivers at the event?

Yes. There are printers available in the building you turn in your waivers to get your bib.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom