Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Figment82

They really need to stop with the 3D relief sculpting for human characters (animated or live action). Didn’t they learn their lesson from this year’s designs? 😂

RunningKoen

They really need to stop with the 3D relief sculpting for human characters (animated or live action). Didn’t they learn their lesson from this year’s designs? 😂

Moana is just as terrible as Elena. Unless they want partly cross eyed princess to be their recurring theme.
Both Pocahontas and Cinderella have an amazing design but their faces also arent the best reliefs either.

I like the challenge the most.

surfsupdon

The medals with a character on them are never my favorite.

I miss the medals that were shapes and designs....the Tower, or a compass from Everest, or the neat way SSE was used in the earlier W&D medals. And even the passport medal. All so much better than a medal with a character painted on the front.

JillC LI

The medals with a character on them are never my favorite.

I miss the medals that were shapes and designs....the Tower, or a compass from Everest, or the neat way SSE was used in the earlier W&D medals. And even the passport medal. All so much better than a medal with a character painted on the front.
Love my TOT 13K medal with the movable elevator on it from 2009!

cdeev8690

Hey ya'll! Running my first runDisney event and first ever 5K in Feb. I'm really looking forward to it!

I think I'm most concerned about weather, primarily if it's very cold or very warm. I've never been to Florida between January and February so I'm not sure what to typically expect. I reviewed the last 10 pages or so and know it was warm the last two years so I suppose I should prepare for humidity. I live in New Jersey and began training during the peak of the summer on pretty humid days. I recall how brutal those runs were, and I didn't have Disney characters and parks to distract me, just a guy outside of the Wawa cheering me on lol!

I think I'll move most of my training indoors leading up to the race weekend and make some use out of this Planet Fitness membership I've been neglecting (hate the treadmill). Any audiobooks, podcasts, music playlists keep you motivated during your training that you can recommend?

dreamfinder

Hey ya'll! Running my first runDisney event and first ever 5K in Feb. I'm really looking forward to it!

I think I'm most concerned about weather, primarily if it's very cold or very warm. I've never been to Florida between January and February so I'm not sure what to typically expect. I reviewed the last 10 pages or so and know it was warm the last two years so I suppose I should prepare for humidity. I live in New Jersey and began training during the peak of the summer on pretty humid days. I recall how brutal those runs were, and I didn't have Disney characters and parks to distract me, just a guy outside of the Wawa cheering me on lol!

I think I'll move most of my training indoors leading up to the race weekend and make some use out of this Planet Fitness membership I've been neglecting (hate the treadmill). Any audiobooks, podcasts, music playlists keep you motivated during your training that you can recommend?

Good luck. Keep an eye on the weather forecast leading upto the race. Odds are, it will be on the warm side, but for a 5k it shouldn't be that intolerable. Just make sure to drink water during & after the race, you won't need any powerade or such for a 5k race.

RE motivation for a treadmill, I find that watching the last 20 or so mins of the yearly Kona Ironman race to be very motivational. Thats the part where all the people who end up overcoming challenges get featured, and you can see all the people who are just dragging themselves across the finish line. I always figure if they can do a full Ironman, I can suck it up for a few more miles to finish training runs.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Corral D! Movin’ on up!

B5D9D4A5-2B73-441B-A292-B8BC54269D00.gif

Demarke

Premium Member
Since this is your first Princess, it's a 2 mile hike to the corrals for the Half.

Yikes! I didn’t know there was hazing involved, how far is it for the veteran runners? 🤔

Kidding! Is it the same route from marathon weekend or even further out?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yikes! I didn’t know there was hazing involved, how far is it for the veteran runners? 🤔

Kidding! Is it the same route from marathon weekend or even further out?

I sadly didn't run in January. But the corrals are set up on that road behind Epcot. The route is run to MK and back to Epcot.

Demarke

Premium Member
I sadly didn't run in January. But the corrals are set up on that road behind Epcot. The route is run to MK and back to Epcot.
Oh that’s right, hate you missed it! I found the walk out map and it looks the same as the half and full walk outs from Marathon Weekend.

FYI for any runner’s square folks - at marathon weekend the runner’s square half marathon walk out started at the same time as the general and took a “shorter” route. I’ve drawn an approximation of it in red below. It is shorter than standard for those in the more forward corrals, but seemed to be equidistant or possibly a little longer for me to get to the entrance at the very end of F and there were already at least 200-250 in the corral by the time I got there, you’ll just be walking through more grass in the runner’s square route. I ended up just walking the normal route on Marathon day so I could leave for the corral at my leisure rather than a specific time and walk on dry road rather than dewy grass.

6BBF1DCE-9741-46BA-9BAA-D08F0209270F.jpeg

Comparison:

0297F04B-071D-4089-B95E-0E05E764CCD8.jpeg

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Oh that’s right, hate you missed it! I found the walk out map and it looks the same as the half and full walk outs from Marathon Weekend.

FYI for any runner’s square folks - at marathon weekend the runner’s square half marathon walk out started at the same time as the general and took a “shorter” route. I’ve drawn an approximation of it in red below. It is shorter than standard for those in the more forward corrals, but seemed to be equidistant or possibly a little longer for me to get to the entrance at the very end of F and there were already at least 200-250 in the corral by the time I got there, you’ll just be walking through more grass in the runner’s square route. I ended up just walking the normal route on Marathon day so I could leave for the corral at my leisure rather than a specific time and walk on dry road rather than dewy grass.

View attachment 446067

Comparison:

View attachment 446065

Thanks for the maps and tip. I'm doing the runner's square, just to see what it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom