Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

dreamfinder

I'm expecting registration for the 2020 SW to be slammed, as Galaxy's Edge will be open and people will want to run through it.

For 2020 quite possibly.

The site already had some short but serious struggles for the marathon weekend, so Im curious about the princess weekend.

The 5K sells out first, doesn't it?

5k/10k typically sell out first. That mostly stems to the large number of bib slots that get allocated to challenges, and people/families that want to do runDisney events without commiting to a longer race. Currently just the Half is still open for early registration.

WDW_Emily

Got half my registrations in lol

I'm in for 5k and 10k
Friend one got into 5k but 10k was sold out by the time she was out of the waiting page so we'll try that one on Tuesday.
Last 2 friends decided today they wanted to do the 5k so we will attempt that one too.

I agree with the previous person who said it was easier on mobile. I was on safari on my phone and laptop and waited 25 minutes my laptop and never got in. Waited 5 minutes my phone and got in easily.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Got half my registrations in lol

I'm in for 5k and 10k
Friend one got into 5k but 10k was sold out by the time she was out of the waiting page so we'll try that one on Tuesday.
Last 2 friends decided today they wanted to do the 5k so we will attempt that one too.

I agree with the previous person who said it was easier on mobile. I was on safari on my phone and laptop and waited 25 minutes my laptop and never got in. Waited 5 minutes my phone and got in easily.

Agree that it's much simpler on mobile. Really like that I could register for all the races I wanted, including family members, in one session.

WDW_Emily

Agree that it's much simpler on mobile. Really like that I could register for all the races I wanted, including family members, in one session.
YES! Now that I know that I'm going to have my friends Vemno me the money and I'll register them all at once!

LAKid53

Premium Member
YES! Now that I know that I'm going to have my friends Vemno me the money and I'll register them all at once!

After you finish putting in the info for a race you're registering for, system asks if you want to add another registration. I kept doing that until I'd registered for the challenge and 5k for me and the 5k for both my daughter & SIL. Then I put in payment info and my credit card fainted, lol.

dreamfinder

They used to let you do this with active.com a few years ago, never could figure out why they changed it.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm in for all three races.

Registration was smooth and easy. Only thing to improve is an indication of the waiting time.

Samesies. I got in faster on my cell phone than on my PC. By the time I was done registering for all 3 races my PC still hadn't connected to the site.

RunningKoen

One of my PC tabs connected while I was halfway the process on my phone.

Overall, it definitely shows the improvements runDisney made after the marathon weekend and it was almost flawless.

I just booked my flight and a 3th stay at the All Star Sports resort (it's the cheapest one for all of the race weekends). Didnt risk waiting till November for a possible discounted AP room, so made a reservation to be sure ;)

I'm staying a few days after the race, to actually enjoy and visit Disney!

LAKid53

Premium Member
One of my PC tabs connected while I was halfway the process on my phone.

Overall, it definitely shows the improvements runDisney made after the marathon weekend and it was almost flawless.

I just booked my flight and a 3th stay at the All Star Sports resort (it's the cheapest one for all of the race weekends). Didnt risk waiting till November for a possible discounted AP room, so made a reservation to be sure ;)

I'm staying a few days after the race, to actually enjoy and visit Disney!

So you're doing W&D, Marathon and Princess? Great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom