Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Just looked - you can get them on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ER6DBFY/ref=twister_B00MNKCHXI?th=1&psc=1

It doesn't say it in description for the women's, but it is the RU4 that I wear (and the image of these is identical to mine and the image of the men's that does say RU4). I've never worn the RU5s. And I've also only worn the ankle socks, even in the dead of winter here; my tights go down all the way to my ankles (and then some!) so I've never felt the need for higher socks.

Thanks. I'll give them a look since I'm obviously not going anywhere today.

surfsupdon

Great job crew! Love hearing about the races.

Looked like a lot of characters!! Post race too. I don’t stop for photos but I love that they come out to cheer me on. Haha

LAKid53

Premium Member
Im not sure where on the lanyard, but I've seen pictures of the three little bears (silhouettes/shadowlike) on the lanyard.

Now I want the medal even more.

Yes, the three bears are on the lanyard and the back of the spinner in the middle. It is a very nice medal.

The lanyard for the 5k is Rapunzel's hair.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@DznyGrlSD, I know you're preparing for the 2019 Princess Half. The weather this year is an anomaly - its not normally this warm in February. And I'm a little sunburned to add to my feet...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
@DznyGrlSD, I know you're preparing for the 2019 Princess Half. The weather this year is an anomaly - its not normally this warm in February. And I'm a little sunburned to add to my feet...

I was there for the Marathon back in January when it was unusually chilly. Hopefully it won't be miserable in November! #GlobalWarming :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
I was there for the Marathon back in January when it was unusually chilly. Hopefully it won't be miserable in November! #GlobalWarming :)

It wasn't very cold for last year's W&D. I wore running shorts and a short sleeve top and was fine. Now that they pack you into corrals like cattle, those bodies around you will keep you warm. The weather for this year's Marathon and Princess was atypical.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I might take you up on that if I don't find something I like next month at DLP 😉

How are your feet today?

Right foot is still very painful to walk on, so I'm still hobbling around my room and not visiting Animal Kingdom today. Probably won't go anywhere tomorrow, either. Driving home on Wednesday, so my feet are more important than visiting parks. Thank goodness I brought my tablet so I can read and watch movies. And I've got plenty of food in the frig, so I won't starve. But those donuts are disappearing fast, lol.

Bought new running socks on Amazon, but not the ones you recommended - couldn't figure out the sizing. But these are highly recommended by runners who purchased them.

LAKid53

Premium Member
There was a lot of corral jumping from H to E & F during the Half. And people weren't sneaky about it. Once runners using the port-a-potties started dashing back to their corrals as officials were moving A - F to the start line, people were jumping over the mesh fencing along H, running across the median and entering the lined up corrals. And not a single volunteer stopped them. I saw groups of 2 and 3 runners hop that mesh fencing. I would think runners in the lower corrals would push them away, but no. Is it worth reporting to rD?

LAKid53

Premium Member
I saw this all over social media - I hope it's found!!

Me too. Her story is both heartbreaking and inspiring. I'd be devastated if I lost my mom's ashes. I hope her cross is found quickly. I'd have a hard time leaving WDW without it if I was her.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Received email from rD concerning the lost locket. Staff has searched race course and other areas, but wasn't able to find it. Hope another runner/guest saw it, picked it up, sees email/social media posts and gets it back to her. She must be heartbroken.

RunningKoen

I checked the results for the 2018 Princess half marathon.

I've only run a half marathon distance 3 times: once during training and 2 times in Disneyland Paris. My training time would rank me top 3 in my age division; the ones from Paris top 5.

2017 and 2016 didnt even have age divisions for man, with so little of them running.

If there will be male age divisions for the 2019 weekend, I'm up for that challenge!
#goal

dreamfinder

I checked the results for the 2018 Princess half marathon.

I've only run a half marathon distance 3 times: once during training and 2 times in Disneyland Paris. My training time would rank me top 3 in my age division; the ones from Paris top 5.

2017 and 2016 didnt even have age divisions for man, with so little of them running.

If there will be male age divisions for the 2019 weekend, I'm up for that challenge!
#goal

I don't think it was a matter of number of men, rather it was the event was geared towards women. Men weren't (still aren't?) able to start in the first corral, and for the first year or two, they didn't even offer shirts in men's cuts. But for whatever reason, they did do awards for the 10k, just not the full.

But yeah, I had the same idea, just missed 3rd in the 10k a few years ago. Go for it, good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom