Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't think it was a matter of number of men, rather it was the event was geared towards women. Men weren't (still aren't?) able to start in the first corral, and for the first year or two, they didn't even offer shirts in men's cuts. But for whatever reason, they did do awards for the 10k, just not the full.

But yeah, I had the same idea, just missed 3rd in the 10k a few years ago. Go for it, good luck!

Yeah, go for it @RunningKoen! We expect you to be in a tutu, though....

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Registration for the 2019 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals opens on August 7, 2018, at noon ET/9 a.m. PT!

LAKid53

Premium Member
SOmeone just posted a screenshot in the Marathon weekend thread. Varies for 2-5 days in advance it looks like.

That was me, lol. Posted that after this comment when I found the schedule.

However, if you register for the Virtual Shorts series, it still kicks you over to Active.

dreamfinder

Definitely sounds like it's slammed. I'm not showing "Estimated Wait" this time, so not sure if it's actually in the queue or not. I've got 4 or 5 people trying, one or two got in, the others keep seeing the wait page.

AuburnBelle919

I switched from my desktop computer to my phone which successfully allowed me to register. I’m not sure this system is better than the registration through Active. I also don’t remember a 6% processing fee-maybe they have always charged it and I never noticed it.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I switched from my desktop computer to my phone which successfully allowed me to register. I’m not sure this system is better than the registration through Active. I also don’t remember a 6% processing fee-maybe they have always charged it and I never noticed it.

There was a fee charged by Active - it was dependent on the total cost - registration and preordered merchandise. Fee for W&D 5k was $5.61.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Finally got in. And am registered. Dropped a bundle this time as I registered daughter & SIL. Really like the ability to do multiple registrations in same session. But I think @dreamfinder is correct, site's getting slammed as this is VERY popular race. What does this portend for SW later this month?

dreamfinder

Active.com usually charges a percentage. Some races roll it into their registration costs, and other times active.com wouldn't charge you if you signed up for their premium membership package. But runDisney made it a bit more up front than active.com did.

But I think @dreamfinder is correct, site's getting slammed as this is VERY popular race. What does this portend for SW later this month?

I wouldn't be too worried. Last year my tracker isn't showing most of the events on either coast selling out. Princess has typically been one of the most consistent sellouts, the others all seem to take much longer if at all.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Active.com usually charges a percentage. Some races roll it into their registration costs, and other times active.com wouldn't charge you if you signed up for their premium membership package. But runDisney made it a bit more up front than active.com did.

I wouldn't be too worried. Last year my tracker isn't showing most of the events on either coast selling out. Princess has typically been one of the most consistent sellouts, the others all seem to take much longer if at all.

I'm expecting registration for the 2020 SW to be slammed, as Galaxy's Edge will be open and people will want to run through it.

RunningKoen

The site already had some short but serious struggles for the marathon weekend, so Im curious about the princess weekend.

The 5K sells out first, doesn't it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom